ISN Breaking Report

91 replies to this topic

#81 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

expected twice the response this thread has gotten since its the first concrete piece of "game " we have gotten.
Maybe because there are not any visual cockpits in the TT game? ^_^

Edited by mekabuser, 01 December 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#82 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

The crest in the head and LMR in the torso center makes me think of a centurion ... although I do not understand what it (The targeted mech) has on his left shoulder ... a rocket launcher,another LMR? And in the right? a sharp shoulder?

This is the Centurion ,considerations to you :

Posted Image

Edited by Nakir, 01 December 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#83 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

View PostNav, on 01 December 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

No looks like a joystick on the right and a throttle on the left. Actually really resembles my Saitek X-52, even down to the buttons and dials etc! ^_^

Hope the sideways view is an idication of Track IR! :D

*Talking slowly as I take notes* Saitek.... X... 52... Now I know what joystick to look for.

Though could someone enlighten me on a Track IR? I've not had anything beyond a keyboard and mouse since my first joystick, which had two buttons. And that was back in the mid-90's.

#84 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 30 November 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

That's actually the inside of Paul's head.

So When can we expect to drive Paul around?

#85 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Cockpit diagram is missing the fusion powered potty that comes standard with most IS 'mechs. *grins* That Hunchie pilot's gonna have a difficult time on extended missions!

#86 Rogal Dorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTennessee USA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 01 December 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Cockpit diagram is missing the fusion powered potty that comes standard with most IS 'mechs. *grins* That Hunchie pilot's gonna have a difficult time on extended missions!

I bet you just flip the seat cushion up like on cabin-cruiser boats.

#87 Redraider

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

#88 Phades

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 30 November 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

Oh? Who's shooting missiles at him? Is working at PGI that dangerous?

Well, office warfare is serious business.
Posted Image

Of course there is always escalation....

Posted Image

And remote "drone" forces...
Posted Image

Edited by Phades, 01 December 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#89 Krono Arrius

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

So I may be trying to hard but I think I may have a setting, atleast for now. I may have missed something so any help is appreciated.

1. Of all the Battlemechs shown so far the Hunchback is the only one bearing an organizations logo. The Federated Suns.

2. The Dragon and the Jenner are both generally Draconis Combine units.

3. The mission screen in the upper left references continuous raiding and trying to stop the source.

4. The current dates in the game universe run parallel, that being said at the time of release it was November 30th 3048.

According to the timeline at least 4 Merc groups were involved in raiding in what is called the Draconis March from 3048-3049 under orders of there main houses. Its entirely possible for the game to be set in this region due to the fact that several factions were either involved in a long standing tension over a wide area or trying to initiate tensions. Also it would be removed enough from initial clan invasions to allow for a balanced introduction for clan mechs and IS "response mechs." At least I think so, could be wrong. It's just something interesting to contemplate while we wait.

#90 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 01 December 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

*Talking slowly as I take notes* Saitek.... X... 52... Now I know what joystick to look for.

Though could someone enlighten me on a Track IR? I've not had anything beyond a keyboard and mouse since my first joystick, which had two buttons. And that was back in the mid-90's.

Track IR is similar to a webcam, that sits on your monitor and uses infrared to receive inputs from a boom attached to your headset. It then amplifies and translates any head movements you make (in six degrees of movement) into the game your playing. So turn your head a little to the left, and your in-game head turns (at a greater rate) within the game, allowing you to look within your virtual cockpit by turning your real head.

Its great! ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users