#101 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

After playing through the map a few times now, I do think it's possibly a little too dark most of the cycle. Even when the sky is bright, the areas below are still very dark. And the rocky terrain doesn't show up well on thermal, so it's pretty much forcing me to stick with my least favorite, night vision.

If I can get the brightness/gamma settings to work (the sliders don't seem to do anything for me) maybe it'll help.

And there's a few spots with some invisible wall issues, which is a pain when there's so damn many of those buildings. I was poking out pretty far and my arm lasers were still hitting the invisible wall quite far from the visible edge of the building. I was not impressed, as that was an ERLL/gauss mech that couldn't reliably snipe in the urban areas.

Still, a pretty map and I don't seem to be getting the performance issues some people talk about, so I'm pretty happy. A few tweaks would set an excellent standard for future maps.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 09 July 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#102 K4t4k1s

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

Really nice work! Most thing I'm exciting about, that overall scale ratio from mech to the world design is looking much more consistent and realistic!
Most of the details I saw so far, like especially the buildings and all their doors and windows, cars and so on, have got this treatment.
The overall location arrangement, proportions, distances and placement looks much more credible, because it seems was designed not only for mech perspective, it could also work from a small person standing on ground perspective.
In my opinion is that one of the major approaches, to get much more immersion into the world of BattleTech! I really have to admit, that this is the first time since I joined as a Founder, the universe of the franchise, really started to live in front of me, locationwise.
Adding in mind driving small tanks and infrantry (easy start could be having them in destroyable buildings shooting SRM lauchers) and creating single player like mission like MW4 seems close to grasp now!

Great work also for all who worked on improving performance and to kill draw calls! From my professional perspective, there is a lot potential in all the other maps. This path you're going leads to modern enough look, which helps to attract new players in the "steam"y future!

Regards to the whole team, great work. Keep it going!

Edited by K4t4k1s, 11 July 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#103 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:16 AM

>After playing through the map a few times now, I do think it's possibly a little too dark most of the cycle.

second this

very annoying, too dark for heat vision and very hard to see mechs with normal or night vision

#104 Squarebasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:14 AM

Just like to congratulate the PGI map team on a great job.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users