335 replies to this topic

#101 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

Patch is fine, with one exception. Do you think before this patch , 6xUAC5 DW was bad ? and now you buff him ?

where the **** is ATLAS buff ? :angry:

#102 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

Awesome patch is awesome!

But i fear the Age of the Dakka Whale is incoming.

It has always been strong, now it's getting buffed over and over...

#103 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 July 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Optimizations
  • Reduced client upstream bandwidth usage by approximately 40-45%
  • Reduced client downstream bandwidth usage by approximately 20-25%

What magic did you employ there? Those are amazing improvements, and I'm wondering if one of your staff had to make a faustian deal somewhere.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 06 July 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#104 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:24 PM

I agree with Titannium...the ATLAS Mech needs some upgrades.

UPGRADE THE ATLAS TO CARRY 16 WEAPONS....bring back the KING OF THE BATTLEFIELD.

MORE GUNS MORE GUNS....MORE GUNS...AND MORE GUNS...

#105 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

Improvements are to Clan ACs not Clan UACs right?

#106 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PostPhil Ambush, on 06 July 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

Improvements are to Clan ACs not Clan UACs right?

both actually. Read again.

#107 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

Oh...MY!
Basically a new map, time of day effects, destructible environments, dropships, new heroes
AC buffs, PPC buffs, jump jet buffs, the silly leg mechanic got fixed, weapon vis passes (FOUR MECHS),
tons of cleanup work, quirk changes, UI improvements, hit reg improvements, data stream optimizations,
DX improvements, collision visuals and sounds...

Is there anything this patch does not touch on? We've been waiting for some of these things since before launch. There's so many gripes getting attented to with this.
I am so very glad to see PGI picking up the pace.

Edited by Edweird, 06 July 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#108 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

Those are amazing improvements, and I'm wondering if one of your staff had to make a faustian deal somewhere.

will they be noticeable though? this game needs very little traffic already (no wonder, what do you need a lot of it for) and can be played on almost any connection

if they made it more resistant to the package losses it's amazing but if not it's simply not important

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 06 July 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#109 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 06 July 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

will they be noticeable though? this game needs very little traffic already (no wonder, what do you need a lot of it for) and can be played on almost any connection

if they made it more resistant to the package drops it's amazing but if not it's simply not important

Reducing bandwidth consumption means that the packet transfer is more efficient as well. So it's very possible that Hit Detection issues will be a lot less likely to happen (Especially coupled with the HSR fixes). Not to mention it will make weird lag issues less likely to happen as well.

With increased bandwidth efficiency, and possibly reduced number of packets sent through the line, congestions is less likely to happen, which means packet drops are less likely to happen.

#110 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 06 July 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

if they made it more resistant to the package losses it's amazing but if not it's simply not important

Probably helps PGI's end alot because their servers/network infra is the hub for all the client traffic.

#111 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

btw, when the patch is out? it's 7th already :3

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 July 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Reducing bandwidth consumption means that the packet transfer is more efficient as well. So it's very possible that Hit Detection issues will be a lot less likely to happen (Especially coupled with the HSR fixes). Not to mention it will make weird lag issues less likely to happen as well.

With increased bandwidth efficiency, and possibly reduced number of packets sent through the line, congestions is less likely to happen, which means packet drops are less likely to happen.

i seriously doubt that it's the case; difference in the needed bandwidth doesn't affect the speed of transfer i.e. ping unless your line is very very very slow, and what else efficiency do you mean? noise endurance? i mentioned that if it became more resistant to package losses it's great... but i honestly doubt that narrowing the bandwidth makes it more resistant to the line noise, if anything it may be vice versa, the less packages we have the easier to lose a crucial one

View PostShinVector, on 06 July 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

Probably helps PGI's end alot because their servers/network infra is the hub for all the client traffic.

yeah, that's a possible reason

#112 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 07 July 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

btw, when the patch is out? it's 7th already :3

10 AM PDT

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 07 July 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

i seriously doubt that it's the case; difference in the needed bandwidth doesn't affect the speed of transfer i.e. ping unless your line is very very very slow, and what else efficiency do you mean? noise endurance? i mentioned that if it became more resistant to package losses it's great... but i honestly doubt that narrowing the bandwidth makes it more resistant to the line noise, if anything it may be vice versa, the less packages we have the easier to lose a crucial one

Bandwidth utilization does improve ping in a tiny amount. I'm more talking about damage packets, and location packets being dropped less, and less.

As for losing crucial ones, I think I'm with you on that one. It's just that the less stress there is on router buffers, the less likely they are to drop things. However, if they are stressed, and they start dropping, it could be very nasty.

#113 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

>10 AM PDT

ty

#114 KeishiRaito

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

I know the Highlanders still need more love... but this patch is a HUGE start....

#115 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

Good patch. I can see that there will be a fuss about the new assault and maybe some minor complaints about other things, but I'll take it as a net gain.

#116 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Almost every note here is nice, so I'll focus on those that worry me.

unnerfing tbr and scr - probably because of the hrs fixes that are supposed to make them less tanky. The question is, will the fix fix enough? If not, we've done a step backwards

clan ac/uac buff - that's the major issue here. Clan ACs are already much lighter, their 'burst' is so short it doesn't matter that much... will the change shorten it even more? Or the delay between shots in a volley is gonna be increased to compensate? Without such compensation, it is also a sneak buff to overall rate of fire/dps of clan dakka With less weight, burst time so short, higher dps and fewer bullets c(u)ACs may end up being better in every way than the IS counterparts... Clan gauss is already just better than IS one. Now AC2 joins the club, probably with all other c(u)acs out there...

It is a major issue. Clan mechs are generally faster, more agile, more boatable and packing more weapons than IS ones. This was pretty well balanced by the fact they needed more face time (laser duration, ac duration...), and in result - also were less effective in a brawl. I'm kinda worried that AC builds will now be able to negate the only disadvantages clans had. Clan builds with all clan advantages + ability to brawl decently and with no need to stare at the enemy?

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 07 July 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#117 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 06 July 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

But i fear the Age of the Dakka Whale is incoming.

It has always been strong, now it's getting buffed over and over...

Even now you had 2 choices, when you face 6uac5 DW. Fire next couple of seconds totaly "blind" and die within seconds, or try to escape, and attack it from rear.
After this patch, there is only one choice. AVOID. I called this imbalance.

Is it rly problem to add Atlas another 100-150 armor ? bah. devs blind with claners.

Edited by Titannium, 07 July 2015 - 12:24 AM.

#118 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:24 AM

Well, looks like with all the new laservomit comming our way, they had to buff clann AC's and return the Timby and Stormcrows to a more playable state... They removed most of the nerfs, but still left some of them on the mainly energy omnipods (such as the TBR-A Left torso, and Prime's arms). I don't really understand why they didn't remove the negative quirks completely, since we now have a 10+ energy Thunderbolt, and Black knight is on the way too..

I guess maybe when the Black knight comes out.. and sales of the Ebon Jaguar decline back to c-bills.. Afterall, it did it's job, hasent it? Ebons are selling like crazy cose we can't play our timbys..

I'm really dissapointed with the marketing and sales strategies of PGI..

On the flipside, the graphics department is amazing, and cudos to them, they deserve praise. Hope the new River City changes mean we can now truly expect better, more immersive maps, and more of them.

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 07 July 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

Almost every note here is nice, so I'll focus on those that worry me.

unnerfing tbr and scr - probably because of the hrs fixes that are supposed to make them less tanky. The question is, will the fix fix enough? If not, we've done a step backwards

clan ac/uac buff - that's the major issue here. Clan ACs are already much lighter, their 'burst' is so short it doesn't matter that much... will the change shorten it even more? Or the delay between shots in a volley is gonna be increased to compensate? Without such compensation, it is also a sneak buff to overall rate of fire/dps of clan dakka With less weight, burst time so short, higher dps and fewer bullets c(u)ACs may end up being better in every way than the IS counterparts... Clan gauss is already just better than IS one. Now AC2 joins the club, probably with all other c(u)acs out there...

It is a major issue. Clan mechs are generally faster, more agile, more boatable and packing more weapons than IS ones. This was pretty well balanced by the fact they needed more face time (laser duration, ac duration...), and in result - also were less effective in a brawl. I'm kinda worried that AC builds will now be able to negate the only disadvantages clans had. Clan builds with all clan advantages + ability to brawl decently and with no need to stare at the enemy?

Are you kidding me? Clan AC's better than IS? Your AC20 does 20 damage to a single point on a mech, in one shot.. ONE.. by the time I fire my AC20, you torso twist and I hit 1-4 of your hit boxes, doing 5 damage to each..

IS AC's are da bomb, and CLAN AC's will never be anywhere close..

Clan mechs are faster and more agile? Seriously doubt that.. but I know one thing.. clan mechs have huge hitboxes that are easy to hit.. take the timberwolf, dire wolf, or the brand new Ebon jaguar for example.. where ever you shoot them, your shot ends up in my torso.. especially the dire wolf.. every shot is a bloody CT hit..

Edited by Vellron2005, 07 July 2015 - 12:32 AM.

#119 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:26 AM

Aw *** it PGI I totally hate you, here goes another 80$ your way for mechs that come out at the end of the year *grumble* only frigging game that is able to "milk" me in advance, time to go into counseling for spending so much money on an online game.

P.S. Keep up the good work and ignore the nay sayers, liking what your doing alot personally and from only my point of view.

#120 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 July 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

• With the introduction of the new River City, the old River City and River City Night maps are no longer available for Public, Private, or Testing Grounds sessions

Sorry, but this is just plain stupid. There are people who actually like the old River City map. We don't have that many maps to begin with to remove perfectly fine maps from the game. Can you please tell us why after three years the game still does not have the option to exclude particular maps from rotation? It is plain dumb that I am unable to either choose maps I want to drop on or choose a setup I want to bring on my mech for a map I'm dropping on.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users