Patch Notes - 1.3.410 - 07-Jul-2015

335 replies to this topic

#121 KeishiRaito

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

Oh man, was so tired after work all I did was confirm class 1 jump jets got their buff...

So Timberdunk and Scarecrow lost their laser barf nerfs and on top have their uac buff. I would have been fine if they halved the nerfs to promote a little bit of variety in builds to include more missles and guns but hey..... Laser vomit for EVERYONE. Some one Que a Ophra gif for getting Laser Vomit.

#122 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Looks like an excellent patch - can't wait to update - thanks for the effort PGI.

#123 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostKeishiRaito, on 07 July 2015 - 12:40 AM, said:

Oh man, was so tired after work all I did was confirm class 1 jump jets got their buff...

So Timberdunk and Scarecrow lost their laser barf nerfs and on top have their uac buff. I would have been fine if they halved the nerfs to promote a little bit of variety in builds to include more missles and guns but hey..... Laser vomit for EVERYONE. Some one Que a Ophra gif for getting Laser Vomit.

They DID half the nerf... omnipods with more than 1 energy slot are still seriously nerfed.. Read before you comment.

#124 GermanPartisan

• PipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

I approve.

#125 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

I see all JJ's except class two get a buff, which means the Victor is still gimped as a jumping mobile brawler

#126 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

Really nice patch but there is one worse thing: Awesome gets tiny ppcs. So u destroy one of your nicest assault mechs. >.<

#127 KeishiRaito

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 July 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

Read before you comment.

No, I shall not... I want to be like everyone else.

#128 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostKeishiRaito, on 07 July 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

I know the Highlanders still need more love... but this patch is a HUGE start....

Wait till you meet a 5xUAC5 Direwolf equipped with Class I jumpjets.

Clan-AC/5 reduced from 3 rounds per volley to 2 - that means 50% shorter burst. It took 0.22 seconds to fire a 3 round burst. Now it will take 0.11 seconds.

And the Clan-AC20 will not take 0.33 seconds to fire a full burst. That's faster than the SPL beam on a ultra-quirked Locust-1E. (0.375s) !!!

Edited by Kmieciu, 07 July 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#129 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:17 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 July 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

Are you kidding me? Clan AC's better than IS? Your AC20 does 20 damage to a single point on a mech, in one shot.. ONE.. by the time I fire my AC20, you torso twist and I hit 1-4 of your hit boxes, doing 5 damage to each..

IS AC's are da bomb, and CLAN AC's will never be anywhere close..

Clan mechs are faster and more agile? Seriously doubt that.. but I know one thing.. clan mechs have huge hitboxes that are easy to hit.. take the timberwolf, dire wolf, or the brand new Ebon jaguar for example.. where ever you shoot them, your shot ends up in my torso.. especially the dire wolf.. every shot is a bloody CT hit..

Ease up bro.

I didn't way that they will be better for 100% and that they all will be better. Much depends whether the overall burst time got shortened or not (no info on that). That's why I said it worries me, and used words like 'would' and 'could'.

In detail:

Cac2 - yeah, better, it's just a ligher version of the ac2. No biggie here, IS ac2 is terrible unless quirked to high heaven (then it can be ok).
C(u)ac5 - 2 tons lighter, thus easier to boat. Only 2 rounds. The delay is a fraction of a second. Torso twist bothers IS version almost equally, as this a dps weapon - you have too keep shooting anyway, else you won't do any worthwhile damage.
AC10 - time will tell. That ammo buff for IS made it practically lighter (less ammo needed=less overall weight), thus more viable.
AC20 - here I would agree. C(u)AC20 is lighter, thus easier to boat or be supplemented with lasers, creates more shake... but the pinpoint 20 damage IS AC wins over that. Here I would say that clans just don't have anything similar to IS AC20. C(u)AC is more of a ac5-style weapon.
--
Yep, Clan mechs are generally faster and more agile. Stormcrow - 106km/h, timby - 90km/h, ebon-90km/h, gargoyle-90km/h. Executioner (95tons mind you) - 71km/h + masc agility buff. First three of those are the current meta. IS wins in lights and lightest meds. For now.

#130 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:22 AM

Patch notes look very very good apart from one thing:

'Mech Fixes and Changes
  • Banshee BNC-3M Champion
    • Fixed an issue where this Champion was providing Bonus C-Bills instead of Bonus XP
Posted Image

OK, ima need to go back to asking for a new skill tree option at 1 million XP to grant a 30% C-Bill bonus.

Was it really too much that there was finally an IS assault that didnt suck with a C-Bill bonus?

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 07 July 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#131 Thorqemada

• 6,368 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:24 AM

With an average matchtime closer to 5 minutes than 15 minutes i guess we will not see more than 3 hours per lighting "Quadrant" at average.

Nice increase of the AC10 ammo, now pls normalize all other ammo too (all AC ammo tends to be on the short end - though LRM ammo could be decreased to 150 per ton). :)

Clan ACs burst changes - its not that they already not wreck face...and their TC makes up for the lesser crits as well as the sheer number of crit chances by muliples of shells Clans compared to the IS do shoot - not a fan of these changes.
Personaly i would every time change my IS-AC for one of the current Clan-U/ACs - it would only increase my combat value!

River City Looks tasty! :)

Lets see how the HSR fixes/improements change the landscape of the game...

Edited by Thorqemada, 07 July 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#132 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:26 AM

View PostTitannium, on 07 July 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

Even now you had 2 choices, when you face 6uac5 DW. Fire next couple of seconds totaly "blind" and die within seconds, or try to escape, and attack it from rear.
After this patch, there is only one choice. AVOID. I called this imbalance.

Is it rly problem to add Atlas another 100-150 armor ? bah. devs blind with claners.

No. It's still very mech dependent. I have no problems dealing with Dakka Wolves head on in my King Crabs. My lights can chew them out easily. Mediums, and heavies need to adjust their approach, but it's not the game breaking build you make it out to be.

Also, STOP COMPARING THE DWF TO THE ATLAS. That's the wrong comparison. Should the atlas get tankier? Yes. However, don't compare the DWF, to the AS7. They don't work the same roles, and they don't even play in a similar manner at all.

View PostVellron2005, on 07 July 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

Clan mechs are faster and more agile? Seriously doubt that.. but I know one thing.. clan mechs have huge hitboxes that are easy to hit..

Yes, which is why the Timby is one of the most armor frontloading mechs in the entire game. It's rear hitboxes are so good, 4 armor on the rear is enough, and don't even get me started on how the CT/ST boxes mesh on it. DWF, HBR, and NVA are the only clan mechs where you can hit a section clearly. The others are far too nimble, and well hitboxed to get easy clear shots on a specific section.

The DWF needs to have an exposed CT, because it brings so much to the table. The EBJ 's hitboxes are only a problem when it's shot from the side. Where the CT nose protrudes a bit ahead of the ST boxes. From the front, it has excellent hitboxes. The higher mounts on the STs are an advantage, it's the price you pay to be able to shoot so far above your cockpit.

#133 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,191 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostCathy, on 07 July 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

I see all JJ's except class two get a buff, which means the Victor is still gimped as a jumping mobile brawler

that's mainly because they remember how ridiculously broken the Dragon Slayer pop tart was. dual AC/5 dual ERPPC.

#134 Sir AMcA

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:37 AM

Nice patch.
But they've fixed the Ebon Jaguar's "death dance/spin". Why? It was fun to look at :D

#135 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:46 AM

Iraqi:

role in battlefield is one thing. But i shouldnt compare 100 tons vs 100 tons ? why ?
Why should be one 100 tonner superior the other in SUCH way, it is now in mwo.

#136 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostTitannium, on 07 July 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

Iraqi:

role in battlefield is one thing. But i shouldnt compare 100 tons vs 100 tons ? why ?
Why should be one 100 tonner superior the other in SUCH way, it is now in mwo.

Because they are not the same. Simply put. The DWF is trash in a brawl, where the Atlas isn't

The DWF has more firepower, but the Atlas tanks better.

That's why it's not as simple as 100 tons vs. 100 tons.

#137 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:03 AM

*drools

Cheers guys, looking good!

#138 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:06 AM

Having been filled with the power of hate from the last major update, I'm happy to say that "Wow!", the community spoke, you listened and acted. Looking forward to the revamped River City map and once again being able to see the whole expanded view in the Mech Lab :D

#139 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 07 July 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

Having been filled with the power of hate from the last major update, I'm happy to say that "Wow!", the community spoke, you listened and acted. Looking forward to the revamped River City map and once again being able to see the whole expanded view in the Mech Lab :D

Wait until we get the other UI fixes incoming on the 21st (I think).

#140 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 July 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

Wait until we get the other UI fixes incoming on the 21st (I think).

sure, but bigger will be half the ping. (EU server on 21)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users