#21 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 06 July 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Big CBT fan here too Axeface. I'd LOVE a Cone of Fire too, but apparently it takes away player "Skillz".

CoF/crosshair bloom is stupid in infantry shooters, I could only imagine how it'd be in a vehicle shooter... oh wait... I only need to play WoT to know, and it's stupid. That's why CS1.6 and DoD always had predictable recoil.

I'm all for reticule sway and ballistics having recoil that affects the crosshair and aiming, but I really hate CoF/crosshair bloom. It doesn't add anything to the game.

#22 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostAxeface, on 06 July 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

I have seen someone pull 3500 in pug solo queue with it, and its the only mech i own that I hit 1k with enough for it to be 'regular'.

3500 damage means the AC's are spraying all over the place... so this is a great example of why the adjustment was needed. The idea is to take a mech down with as little damage over the mech as possible. So all this does is show that the AC Dires were very inefficient at quickly killing mechs. They'd chew every last bit of armor and internals off the mech they were firing at if they rolled their damage, but the Dire would burn a good portion of its ammo in doing so.

I'm more satisfied by getting 8 kills with around 800 damage in my Blackjack than getting over 2k and 4 kills in my DW.

#23 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 06 July 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

CoF/crosshair bloom is stupid in infantry shooters, I could only imagine how it'd be in a vehicle shooter... oh wait... I only need to play WoT to know, and it's stupid. That's why CS1.6 and DoD always had predictable recoil.

I'm all for reticule sway and ballistics having recoil that affects the crosshair and aiming, but I really hate CoF/crosshair bloom. It doesn't add anything to the game.

I don't think the "Random Bullet Spray" CoF is the way to go. But a predictable weapon drift based on recoil, mech movement, and heat, is definitely a way to increase TTK and make the game more BT like, without having to mess with weapon mechanics, ghost heat, etc.
In case you don't get what I mean by predictable drift, I'm meaning that the weapons spread based on location, till they draw a straight line from their mounting point. So a mech (like the HBK-4P) with all it's hardpoints in one spot would get stronger consolidation from the RT, but the right arm would hit slightly below and to the right. The left arm would have the same vertical height as the right arm, but be spaced by it's mounting on the left side. This would be the Maximum Spread point, which would occur at Maximum Heat (before shutdown), while running 100% throttle, torso twisting, and receiving fire. It would minimize down to the pinpoint we currently have, when stationary with little to no heat.
As an example.
But we can't have nice things, because server issues, and L33tSkillz

#24 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 06 July 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone breaking 3000, as that would require far too much ammo. I have however seen people break 2000 from time to time. Always with a whale of course.

3000 dmg would be 250 damage per enemy mech.

That's solo-kills on every enemy mech, plus a bunch of damage to spread around. Seriously, you can solo-kill an atlas for significantly under 250dmg, through the front.

#25 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

Clan UACs are already super powerful and deadly when mated to laser vomit, now they up it to OP levels, really PGI!

#26 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

Soooo, is PGI trying to buff clans so much that everyone would play them and wouldn't notice how horribly they butchered the mechs with dynamic weapon geometry in this patch?

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 06 July 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#27 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 06 July 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

Soooo, is PGI trying to buff clans so much that everyone would play them and wouldn't notice how horribly they butchered the mechs with dynamic weapon geometry in this patch?

There's a NGNG preview vid up. Honestly doesn't look bad, excepting gigantic missile launchers on some of the mechs if you try and shove a LRM20 on some of the hard points.

#28 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 06 July 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

There's a NGNG preview vid up. Honestly doesn't look bad, excepting gigantic missile launchers on some of the mechs if you try and shove a LRM20 on some of the hard points.

Yeah, i've just seen it.

Not impressed by the Awesome's tiny PPC nipples. I guess, that's what being naked outside in Frozen city will do to your nipples.

At least the gun-arms on Dragon and Centurion don't look as bad as i feared they would.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 06 July 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#29 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

We will probably see a rise of the Dakka Whales.

But Whales are soo slow, that i still can't decide if they are threatening or not.

#30 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

Finally i can dust off this one

DWF Quad 10s

#31 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

View PostAxeface, on 06 July 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

So, tomorrows patch is buffing clan ac's. They get less ammo, but a major increase in usability. [...]

Some people should really learn some basic human stuff like logical thinking and basic math before interacting with the world ...
Jesus -.-

#32 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 06 July 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

We will probably see a rise of the Dakka Whales.

But Whales are soo slow, that i still can't decide if they are threatening or not.

I agree - they are too slow to be able to effectively bring such firepower into a brawl (where it would be most effective).

I would guess they are to become the kings (if they weren't that already) of sustained DPS facetime - but PPFLD still means laser/gauss will likely remain the meta.

That said, I am looking forward to trying out a 6xAC5 dakkawhale to see what kind of pain can be brought.

#33 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

Everyone freely admits that the Clan autocannons have always been inferior to IS in terms of gameplay.

Yet, some IS players whine about Clan AC getting buffed, mind you, to a point where they are still less effective than IS AC?
You're pretty much freely admitting that your vision of balance is where the clan has arbitrarily inferior ballistics.

Clans are gonna be soooooo OP because our autocannons are going to be... still not as good as the IS? Oh, the Dire Whale exists. How could I forget? Ah yes, although the clans have inferior ballistics, since we have one mech than can boat said inferior ballistics, it's OP. Right.

Before you type "ACATUALYALY, CLAN AC IS STILL SUPERIRORIOR." I'd rather trade space, weight, or heat to have a Clan AC that fires a single round and actually kills things other than mechs that stare.

I guess I can be called a huge hypocrite though, since the clan AC 2 will now be arbitrarily better than the IS AC 2 since it shoots one projectile, same damage, but is lighter (and you know, 500 years newer in design, but whatever. Balance.)

#34 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

Agree 6uac5 was alrdy pain, now its FASTER pain.
Best way, to play against them. AVOID them, leave to finish them to the end of the match. always.
I personally would add another +30% jamchance when DW has 5 or 6 of uac5. but can you imagine the scream of the owners ?

#35 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

To everybody wee-weeing about the Dakka Wolf... guys.. stop.. IS has Crabs.

Nuff said.

#36 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 July 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Nuff said.

Direwhale is better than the crab, even now.

What's your point?

#37 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:59 AM

Nuff said.

crab can mount 6ac5 ? ac20+ac10+ac5+ac5 ? 4xlbx10 ? :D

RLY ?

There should be only ONE king of the battlefield. ATLAS. And not stupid TV with legs.

Edited by Titannium, 07 July 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#38 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:41 AM

Nuff said.

Never met a KGC on all of my games which can take on my Dakka Whale 1v1.

#39 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:52 AM

The Clan mechs that have only one or two UACs need this boost. Only those mechs with 3 or more UACs are troublesome. But isn't this the case with almost every weapon system? The Whale could however cause a rollback of the boost in the next patches.

Any ideas of balancing the UAC boating on the whale? Increasing ghost heat?

#40 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 07 July 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

The Clan mechs that have only one or two UACs need this boost. Only those mechs with 3 or more UACs are troublesome. But isn't this the case with almost every weapon system? The Whale could however cause a rollback of the boost in the next patches.

Any ideas of balancing the UAC boating on the whale? Increasing ghost heat?

5-6 uac = +30% jamchance. This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users