Energy Range +5% For Thunderbolt Hero, Is This Some Kind Of Joke?

86 replies to this topic

#81 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

they did say it wasnt going to get any quirks on announcement so be happy it got anything? i guess

#82 Manei Domini Krigg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 08 July 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Was really looking forward to the Thunderbolt Hero. Was expecting something like this :

Energy range +25%
Medium laser range +25%

and this is what we get :

Energy Range +5% .......

*facepalm*

Would have made a great medium laser boat that you could at least fight the clans with, but sadly you cant. The whole reason the other Thunderbolts are good is because of the range boosts!

TDR-9SE - Large Pulse Range
TDR-9S - ERPPC Range
TDR-5SS - Medium Pulse Range
TDR-5S - Large Laser Range

If this is a taste of whats to come for the Black Knight in september, PGI are going to have alot of unhappy customers. Im hoping for energy efficiency and range for the Black Knight, but this is not a good sign.

After 21 all Thunderbolts will be quirked almost like a hero (and allmost IS mechs too). Its just little ahead of his time.

#83 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostKrigg, on 13 July 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

After 21 all Thunderbolts will be quirked almost like a hero (and allmost IS mechs too). Its just little ahead of his time.

Im very worried about that. While some quirks are out of line for sure, weapon quirks are REQUIRED to make some mechs worth taking ever. It is literally impossible for the Panther to have a place without weapon quirks for example, a Firestarter will always be better for everything due to hardpoint numbers and locations. At least now the Panther does PPC light better than any other..

#84 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 09 July 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

That would be Alex, but if you look at the concept
Posted Image
It seems to have a much less blocky and box-like torso to it than the in-game model.
So i'll blame the modelers.
It's probably the same guy that made the Centurion from a slim, sleek mech into a blocky, broad shouldered football player and the quickdraw into a wide, fat, oversized monstrosity.

P.S. Also take note of the magnificent Large Laser model on the right arm. THAT's how it should look like, NOT like a ******* gray box on the side of the arm...

The modelers make armed mechs broader in order to provide wide enough shoulders to prevent the arms from clipping into the rest of the model within its full range of motion.

I guarantee this info will once agin be ignored in order so model/hit-box/scale detractors on the forums can continue complaining.

Edited by CocoaJin, 13 July 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#85 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostCocoaJin, on 13 July 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

The modelers make armed mechs broader in order to provide wide enough shoulders to prevent the arms from clipping into the rest of the model within its full range of motion.

I guarantee this info will once agin be ignored in order so model/hit-box/scale detractors on the forums can continue complaining.

I don't see any location the arms would clip with the rest of the body, since they'd always be bent 90o at the elbow.
Besides, if you compare the (in this case) Thunderbolt's concept art with the model, you'll notice that not only the arms are noticeably wider set apart (they seem to have an extra joint between the shoulder and the torso, which you do not see in the concept art) but also the legs are much bigger overall (both wider and longer), which might lead to the torso being needed to be stretched out to avoid clipping.

When it comes to centurion, there's 0 chance that the arms would clip if it was as sleek and narrow as the concept art (because the legs are widened too about the same as the torso). And i definitely remember rumors in closed beta about Centurion being widened, because the hitreg was so poor it couldn't handle a thin, tall mech like it was supposed to be. So i really doubt it was made wide, to avoid clipping.

#86 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

The quirks for the top dog are the reason I didn't buy it. What good are armor and structure quirks when you can't hit back effectively?

#87 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

This thread strikes me as funny, when the people I know that own Top Dogs love them, and I even know one guy who wants 3 just so he can have a CW drop deck of 3x TD.

It's actually one of only two heroes I would even consider spending money on, and it takes a lot for me to admit I'd buy any mech for real money.(other being Misery)

Also most that I see in game tend to perform really, really well...and the one I tested on the PTS last time it was up was a beast as well.

Not sure if people just don't understand how good those defensive quirks and it's hardpoint versatility are, or just don't know how to pilot TDRs....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users