#41 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 09 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Buddy, we ARE leadership in House Liao. There's no more cohesion between units here, but a few of us have talked to one another and we've decided it's no longer an issue, since Marik has never really returned friendship or aid.

Marik is literally the only reason CW 1 didn't end with Liao reduced to 1 planet. When Davion really started chewing through Liao, Marik upped the pressure on us, and even dropped less, and less against Steiner, to draw our 12 mans to their border. Do you honestly think the meatgrinders we had with them would have been so often if they had left you to your own devices?

#42 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostVandril, on 10 July 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

First, Zvolimir, you are much better off letting Stoneblade talk while you command from the back. You are the first one to be huffy and your overbearing tone that YOU are the command staff for all of Liao is rather off putting and inaccurate. Stoneblade is offering up some good points, while you throw a tantrum and kick sand in someone else's face because they dare question you or talk to you. Also, make sure that your righteous anger is actually in alignment since this thread isn't about just HLGK going to war with Marik, but the entire faction.

I can't imagine why I'd be all in a huff. First of all, let's talk about the whole "Marik Leadership" thing like it's an actual thing? And I never spoke out of turn for any unit that didn't approach me. Sorry for not including 4TCR in the talks, but it's quite obvious we can't work together in any capacity. So as far as not being contacted as "leadership" - let's not call it what it isn't.

Secondly, Stoneblade, your heart is in the right place but it wasn't necessarily the best way to communicate it. This hardly seems like the Marik players were aware and if this was truly something supported we wouldn't have the surprise. We do not have a unified House leadership, so this shouldn't be a back channel deal anyway. If the Marik's are up to putting some fights for planets during Beta and then resuming our truce when (and if) CW goes live then awesome. Let's start up the negotiation. Simply declaring a date and a line in the sand to start actions is as Mura said " A good way to start grudges". I have no interest in starting grudges. To an extent I hope that PGI breaks canon (further) by putting a clan or two on our side of space in the next Beta so our alliances actually matter... but I digress.

You wouldn't really know, having never attended any sort of meeting, ever...now would you? Or any member of your unit?

You are also right about unit sizes, but ultimately what does it matter if we ghost drop purple or yellow. Both sides have the luxury of not showing up and stifling us. Unfortunately I think PGI is just fine with that.

At this time, 4TCR will not be participating as a unit in attacking Marik space. It seems to me that Marik has it's own problems with Clan Wolf so there would be little reason to drop in Liao space.

Marik players and unit leaders, feel free to chime in.

We never expected you to do anything.

Yeah, Marik leaders...chime in. Other Liao "leaders" too.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 July 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Marik is literally the only reason CW 1 didn't end with Liao reduced to 1 planet. When Davion really started chewing through Liao, Marik upped the pressure on us, and even dropped less, and less against Steiner, to draw our 12 mans to their border. Do you honestly think the meatgrinders we had with them would have been so often if they had left you to your own devices?

What was going on when we pitched in with the Star League and where we are now are two totally different things.

By the way, during the first CW I know quite well where Marik stood, thank you. None of those organizations exist today.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 10 July 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#43 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

I think that all the hostlity is masking the real problem here; almost no IS faction can field crap for teams right now. I have 500+ Davion friends; we're lucky to get 6 in a drop on ts which means we have to drop on Clan borders. I have dropped against TCAF a ton (o7 gorynich) and hlgk and 4tcr maybe once, but that was when we had population. Now it's mainly mixed faction clan defense. No one is to blame, its just that it seems people are waiting for beta 3 and solo queueing now.

#44 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 July 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

What was going on when we pitched in with the Star League and where we are now are two totally different things.

By the way, during the first CW I know quite well where Marik stood, thank you. None of those organizations exist today.

Then don't make false statements. Marik helped you guys out. So don't say "Marik never returned friendship or aid"

Edited by IraqiWalker, 10 July 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#45 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 July 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Then don't make false statements. Marik helped you guys out. So don't say "Marik never returned friendship or aid"

You don't know what you're talking about. We were at those nSL meetings. With that logic, they helped you out as well by asking us to try to effect a ceasefire against Davion during the last CW. So don't say that Liao never helped YOU out either.

#46 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

So don't say that Liao never helped YOU out either.

Can you quote the post in this thread where anyone said otherwise?

Edited by Harathan, 10 July 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#47 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostHarathan, on 10 July 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Can you quote the post in this thread where anyone said otherwise?

What?

I think what was being expressed is that some people assume that we haven't done a lot of this legwork. It's more than a little insulting, considering the amount of people involved. This is part of the issue within Liao, whether or not anyone thinks they've been excluded and it doesn't include DavRats, so go somewhere else and cry.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 10 July 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#48 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

You don't know what you're talking about. We were at those nSL meetings. With that logic, they helped you out as well by asking us to try to effect a ceasefire against Davion during the last CW. So don't say that Liao never helped YOU out either.

Where did I say they helped, or didn't help us? Please quote that part for me. It should be easy. I only have 3 posts in this thread counting this one.

Let's also not forget that the statement being discussed here is you saying Marik never helped you guys out. You're the one that said that. Only claim I made in this thread, was that you are wrong.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 10 July 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#49 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 July 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Where did I say they helped, or didn't help us? Please quote that part for me. It should be easy. I only have 3 posts in this thread counting this one.

Let's also not forget that the statement being discussed here is you saying Marik never helped you guys out. You're the one that said that. Only claim I made in this thread, was that you are wrong.

No, they most certainly did not deliver what was promised by all their commanders at the outset of the Star League, which was public support for our motion to cease fire. That's an important thing no one seems to remember. Meanwhile, they let the strife that the nSL motion created in Liao put us where we are today. So, I said they never helped us, which is not really the same as "not attacking us" - which they did ANYWAY on a couple of occasions.

Now shut your FedRat stinkhole.

#50 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well this has certainly gone into some strange places.

Look bottom line is I won't be dropping to attack on any Marik planets. Just attack Davion instead.

I encourage all Liao pilots to do the same - anytime you have an option to attack it should be against Davion.

#51 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostRahul Roy, on 10 July 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well this has certainly gone into some strange places.

Look bottom line is I won't be dropping to attack on any Marik planets. Just attack Davion instead.

I encourage all Liao pilots to do the same - anytime you have an option to attack it should be against Davion.

Isn't that what the standing orders have been for this entire cycle? How's that going for you?

#52 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

#53 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Looks like the peace talks between Davion and Liao have broken down once again...

#54 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 10 July 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Looks like the peace talks between Davion and Liao have broken down once again...
there should never be peace talks between Davion and Liao. I'll admit I've come to the Liao forums more than once to offer advice or try to arrange fights, but that's because a bigger Liao faction means a better Davion experience for me. The problem is that none of us seem to be able to regularly get a 12 man on at the same time as the other. Although, in fairness and with no roleplay trash talking, both sides are loathe to commit to a ghost dropping strategy and that speaks volumes about both player bases. I'll admit I like fighting Liao, but I'm happy to give you credit for looking for real battles.

#55 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 July 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

No, they most certainly did not deliver what was promised by all their commanders at the outset of the Star League, which was public support for our motion to cease fire. That's an important thing no one seems to remember. Meanwhile, they let the strife that the nSL motion created in Liao put us where we are today. So, I said they never helped us, which is not really the same as "not attacking us" - which they did ANYWAY on a couple of occasions.

Now shut your FedRat stinkhole.

1- No need to be be disrespectful. I haven't insulted you yet.

2- Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

3- Good luck.

#56 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

I am glad this has gotten all your blood boiling. No really, I am. Because this shows you care.

Now to give you some news, that most of you seem to have missed. (Weekend before the Battle of Tukayid Event and Beta 1 Reset)

At the last meeting of the "New Star League" that i attended, hosted by [ACES] with Shimmering Sword moderating, It was clearly stated for all who were there that MERCs stopped taking contracts with Liao and Marik because of the "Ceasefire" that was brokered by WoL and then TCAF.... They stopped taking contracts because they felt crippled by it. Liao has TWO fronts, so MERC units would only be able to fight on 1? or defend against Clan attacks? That wasn't profitable with them. My goal is to get players on the SOUTHERN//Anti-Corward edge of the map playing CW against other Inner Sphere units. ALL LORE AND OTHER BULLSH*T ASIDE.

Yes I know Davions have "Wednesday Night CW" Events, leaders from some Davion units have messaged me about setting up CW matches...But Marik has been silent. I talked to a Marik merc unit in a public drop today to try and set up a border skrim...problem was the are GMT +3, where I am GMT -6.

So, we have KNOWN since Jan 1st of 2015 that you have to "Set Up" CW matches to not Ghost Drop. My purpose is this: If we want to revitalize it, you have to be free to Drop on both fronts, it has to be out there and public. This forum post is public. You don't need a password or "Special" permission to read it. You just have to log into mwomercs.com to post on it. If you know a merc company in Marik employ: message them. Besides logging into the AFFS Teamspeak server, you can message Davion merc units too.

I for one am tired of trying to play CW as a Random Group of IS vs a premade Clan team or waiting 2-3 ghost drops for a Davion pug or Premade to show up when it isn't a Wednesday night.

I even posted on the Davion forums for those looking to add me to their friends list to help get the ball rolling. That was months ago now.

#57 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

I am going to go with you all suck, you lazy P.O.S. never defended any of the IS from the clans instead you bickered and whined and did nothing while mercs defended your borders. In my opinion you guys are all as bad as those no good dirty Gate Keeper Liao.

#58 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostCommissar Aku, on 10 July 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

I am going to go with you all suck, you lazy P.O.S. never defended any of the IS from the clans instead you bickered and whined and did nothing while mercs defended your borders. In my opinion you guys are all as bad as those no good dirty Gate Keeper Liao.

These are nothing but lies.

#59 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

See? I knew he would show up...eventually.

#60 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

The levels of butt-hurt here are astronomical. I think this is one of the highest readings ever recorded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users