Renew Cw Initiative

126 replies to this topic

#81 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

When we were Marik we tried to start an attack on a Steiner planet. No one helped us. We conquered 3 slots and defended the counter attacks. Half of the matches were GhostDrops, the other half we played against pugs. With our 7th match we tried to conquer the 4th slot. Some people had left the cw group out of boredom, and now we faced a 12man from a Steiner unit. We lost that match. Not only that, the planet was back to 0%. While we were in that match, absolutely no one from Marik defended against the counter attacks and we lost those 3 slots. According to the info from 2 clan units, they played also against Marik players.

Why would I want to stay in that faction?

#82 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:46 AM

My counter question would be why would Liao want mercs to come here?

I'm sure they have their reasons but those are their reasons. They are also not going to stay here while I am.

#83 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostBSK, on 11 July 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

When we were Marik we tried to start an attack on a Steiner planet. No one helped us. We conquered 3 slots and defended the counter attacks. Half of the matches were GhostDrops, the other half we played against pugs. With our 7th match we tried to conquer the 4th slot. Some people had left the cw group out of boredom, and now we faced a 12man from a Steiner unit. We lost that match. Not only that, the planet was back to 0%. While we were in that match, absolutely no one from Marik defended against the counter attacks and we lost those 3 slots. According to the info from 2 clan units, they played also against Marik players.

Why would I want to stay in that faction?

That was kind of my fear. That it would take so long to spin up a fight on the border that it makes little sense for Mercs. Sounds like this is the case of everyone is going where the fight is and once you start doing a CW drop cycle it is hard to notice another front.

#84 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostRahul Roy, on 11 July 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

My counter question would be why would Liao want mercs to come here?

I'm sure they have their reasons but those are their reasons. They are also not going to stay here while I am.

I was following some of the rationale of why Mercs don't come here or Marik as one of the things keeping the population low and thus diminishing the opportunities for fights. That theory holds that if we had more Mercs (on both sides) we could have more drops for Liao.

#85 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

Davion, Liao and Marik specifically don't make a presence in CW. You guys are loyalists FFS, you are the ones who need to have the most presence on the battle field. Yet the only ones who fight are the mercs because of some whiny ******** over who has the biggest pud. Leaders of Liao my ass leaders lead not fight over who has the biggest pud on a form, whip it out and show it to us on the battle field or quit bitching on the MWO forums about how the other "leaders" aren't the leaders of you and actually fight on the field. I mean really, come on.

If you want people to come play for dirty ****** Liao, you need to actually make a presence on the field, try starting with fighting the clans. You are going to lose alot in the beginning and you are going to be discouraged, but the presence alone will lead to more mercs and more people to fight in IS in general. Again you guys are more than welcome to join with the FLH anytime they are fighting in CW.

Now if this thread is in fact just a bunch of dirty Liao fighting over who has the biggest pud maybe we will have to talk to Marik and those stupid Davions instead and get them back into the fight instead of you pud pullers.

#86 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostCommissar Aku, on 11 July 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Davion, Liao and Marik specifically don't make a presence in CW. You guys are loyalists FFS, you are the ones who need to have the most presence on the battle field. Yet the only ones who fight are the mercs because of some whiny ******** over who has the biggest pud. Leaders of Liao my ass leaders lead not fight over who has the biggest pud on a form, whip it out and show it to us on the battle field or quit bitching on the MWO forums about how the other "leaders" aren't the leaders of you and actually fight on the field. I mean really, come on.

If you want people to come play for dirty ****** Liao, you need to actually make a presence on the field, try starting with fighting the clans. You are going to lose alot in the beginning and you are going to be discouraged, but the presence alone will lead to more mercs and more people to fight in IS in general. Again you guys are more than welcome to join with the FLH anytime they are fighting in CW.

Now if this thread is in fact just a bunch of dirty Liao fighting over who has the biggest pud maybe we will have to talk to Marik and those stupid Davions instead and get them back into the fight instead of you pud pullers.

That is how we hand more planets to the clans. We can't make a presence on the clan border, because all we can do is defense drops, which are already clogged, enough. They land us nothing. The day you can get the northern houses to do nothing but attack, we can deal with the defense. Until then, I'd rather not force feed planets to the clans.

#87 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostVandril, on 11 July 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

I was following some of the rationale of why Mercs don't come here or Marik as one of the things keeping the population low and thus diminishing the opportunities for fights. That theory holds that if we had more Mercs (on both sides) we could have more drops for Liao.

Seems what we really need are more mercs on the Davion side that will fight against Liao and Marik. Then everyone is happy no?

#88 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

Players go where action is, we have to generate action to get the players on the Southern part of the map.

View PostVandril, on 11 July 2015 - 03:44 AM, said:

Here is the exact context. Question by a Marik player, and then Zvolimir's huffy response to him. While I can understand what he is trying to get here with the inclusion of "in". However the emphasis on 'ARE' leaves the impression that this thread is representative of THE leadership in House Liao. Clearly stating which groups have been consulted with and agreed would have gone much further to eliminate the confusion. This is why a leader of a House Liao Unit I am speaking up.

It really isn't personal. Mura is part of the 4TCR but the same dismissive tone was taking towards every non-HLGK player that spoke up. It not like Mura or Lucity or Rahul Roy attacked HLGK personally. It does bother me that one of my members was taken to task about thinking it was a faction wide call when... it was...

Being privy to HLGK war councils is not a big deal. Making it sound like HLGK war councils are representative of the faction's will is another thing.

Thank you for your response.

#89 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 July 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

That is how we hand more planets to the clans. We can't make a presence on the clan border, because all we can do is defense drops, which are already clogged, enough. They land us nothing. The day you can get the northern houses to do nothing but attack, we can deal with the defense. Until then, I'd rather not force feed planets to the clans.

I disagree, I never ever see Davions, Liao or Mariks on the borders with the clans. Anyways all you have to do is make a presence. You said it best all the defese front against the IS are clogged because no one is fighting the "real fights", which for the record are clogged up with attackers not defenders making matches instant once 12 people can be found to defend them.

You don't need more mercs, you need more of you many loyalist units to actually play, to actually defend their borders, to actually fight against the clans. But all I hear is a bunch of tards whining about who's pud is bigger and why it isn't their fault they don't play but still find the time to complain.

#90 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

That is how we hand more players to the clans.

Fixed.

View PostRahul Roy, on 11 July 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

My counter question would be why would Liao want players to come here?

Fixed.

If you cannot welcome mercs, you are not welcoming new players either.

#91 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostCommissar Aku, on 11 July 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

I disagree, I never ever see Davions, Liao or Mariks on the borders with the clans. Anyways all you have to do is make a presence. You said it best all the defese front against the IS are clogged because no one is fighting the "real fights", which for the record are clogged up with attackers not defenders making matches instant once 12 people can be found to defend them.

You don't need more mercs, you need more of you many loyalist units to actually play, to actually defend their borders, to actually fight against the clans. But all I hear is a bunch of tards whining about who's pud is bigger and why it isn't their fault they don't play but still find the time to complain.

You really haven't read a single post in this thread, have you? No one is talking about "puds". Actually, the only one doing it is you, and you're also throwing insults at people. I'm getting really tired of that attitude of yours (and I haven't seen you before today) when you still haven't shown a single iota of evidence that you have an IQ above that of a banana.

What we need is for CW to actually matter. What we need is for being loyalist to matter. Right now, it's a literal nerf. What we need, is access control, so not everyone fresh off the boat can rush into CW. What we NEED is a reason to play CW, because right now, I can make 3+ million C-Bills in a day on pug drops. If I do it in CW, for the same amount of time. I'll probably make a million.

#92 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostCommissar Aku, on 11 July 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

4TCR organizes drops 2-3 times a week in CW and many of us are present throughout the week. TCAF does CW daily and I believe HLGK has organized drops in CW 2-3 times a week as well. We DO show up on the battlefield. The problem is that no one shows up on our fronts. Fighting against the clans is even worse because we can't even get the meaningless benefit of tagging a planet.

Edited by Vandril, 11 July 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#93 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostVandril, on 11 July 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

4TCR organizes drops 2-3 times a week in CW and many of us are present throughout the week. TCAF does CW daily and I believe HLGK have organized drops in CW 2-3 times a week as well. We DO show up on the battlefield. The problem is that no one shows up on our fronts. Fighting against the clans is even worse because we can't even get the meaningless benefit of tagging a planet.

I'm not really bitching about Liao, Davion out populates the rest of the IS combined, and I every once in a while see RRB defending Davion worlds. Liao and Marik need way more bodies, and they would have more of a presence. So getting people to go IS is the hard part and really the hardest part is to get the massive amount of Davion loyalists to actually play the game instead of pouting about their poor life choices (namely being Davion). Though to be fair I have never seen a team of 4RCT outside of Public drops, not that I haven't seen them alone in CW.

So play with the FLH while we are in Liao for the mechabys? I keep offering to help you dirty Liao with fighting the clans, we have a couple of really good drop commanders and new tactics and builds to defeat the clans. We don't win every time, but I am sure if we work together we can make the IS a place worth fighting in.

I am just here pointing out my observations from playing as a merc and why us mercs don't come play for you guys unless we get offered ungodly amounts of money. You can hate the messenger all you want, it does you no good. Play the game if half of Davion loyalists defended against the clans for a day, with warm bodies alone they could push the clan front back to the clan home worlds again. But all I ever see is a bunch of scared children on the battle field and people complaining about how the game is unfair. The game is not unfair, in fact this is one of the most balanced games there is, know you advantages know you weaknesses and use them both to your advantage.

#94 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

im becoming more and more interesting in pledging my loyality to house liao. Especially after they did pretty good in the last event

#95 SOMTOM

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

REALLY HLGK? you say you can't get people to join you, yet as soon as someone joins your TeamSpeak server, i get instantly banned after coming to congratulate you on a fine victory in a pub match? Non wonder why no one comes to your Teamspeak server.

If you plan on doing this two front invasion against Davion and Marik...you'll need friends...especially in house LIAO. You aren't making any friends, and you're having problems keeping your old ones. So good luck with the invasion...without help.

OH and:
Posted Image

#96 Fellow Traveler

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostSOMTOM, on 11 July 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

REALLY HLGK? you say you can't get people to join you, yet as soon as someone joins your TeamSpeak server, i get instantly banned after coming to congratulate you on a fine victory in a pub match? Non wonder why no one comes to your Teamspeak server.

If you plan on doing this two front invasion against Davion and Marik...you'll need friends...especially in house LIAO. You aren't making any friends, and you're having problems keeping your old ones. So good luck with the invasion...without help.

OH and:
Posted Image

I speak his language.....meow

#97 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

Stop.

That's not why you came over - and you certainly didn't stick around long enough to even hear Cid greet you. Jump in and out of our server like that, after being a nasty ***** in-game and you expect not to be insta-banned?

I think it's time for you to eat some crow. Quit flinging lies toward us, because none of what you said is true.

#98 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

Regardless of the he said - she said stuff, Somtom has a point about the less than welcoming HLGK TS server. I am speaking not from personal experience since the few times were not bad experiences but nor were they particularly welcoming. However there are a lot of testimonials from ex-members and even worse, potential recruits that create a consistent negative perception. One can take the word of ex-members with a grain of sand so to speak, as I know that you will immediately dismiss their perceptions - that is why they are ex-members. The potential recruits however do speak of a larger issue based around recruitment and general fit with the community at large.

#99 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

This is why I hate fighting IS contracts anymore, it is always someone else fault that you are a lazy incompetent fool. I am pretty sure this whole tread was supposed to organize a defense and discover why your numbers were so low. Liao did amazingly bad in the last tournament, the FLH would have gotten 3rd in Liao instead of 56th in Jade Falcon. I am only here to give comment on making the IS worth being mercenaries for, so mine is just an opinion. But, if you want to get any damn thing done you need to stop fighting each other about semantics and who has the bigger pud and just actually play a **** load of CW matches, both as House Liao and as the IS, defend those borders, kill those clans. Once you have numbers playing every day then you can set up attacks on Davion and Marik but from what I can tell they play even less than you. After you can bring the weight of Liao to the field maybe you can go over to Davions TS and other fun places and get them to actually play CW too. This no one attacking BS needs to stop and this no one defending against the clans aside from your weekly merc units also really needs to stop. Loyalty units have an advantage of being able to defend against the same loyalist units, making new tactics all in their court, they have the numbers to set the pace of battles and the man power to change it as needed. From what I can tell that is not what is happening merc units are setting the pace and skill of battles, layalists hide behind their high walls and sacrifice their paid warriors to the clans, that has backfired and they all got tired of not being reinforced and now fight for the side that not only pays better, but reinforces their troops, dictates the pace of battle, and comes up with ever varying tactics to defeat the IS.

#100 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 11 July 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

Players go where action is,

Absolutely true.

View PostStoneblade, on 11 July 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

we have to generate action to get the players on the Southern part of the map.

Along with many others, I doubt that attacking Marik will solve this issue. Speaking with friends in Marik last night further reinforced this due to their population issue.

Unfortunately, Aku does have a point about the tremendous number of pilots that are not playing CW since Beta 2 in the Southern part of the map. The problem is no one really likes fighting the Clans since PGI's "balancing" so why bother? The sure lack of purpose when defending against the Clans is a turn off for most Liao loyalists. Last night all the action was on the Davion world. I honestly would prefer that they lose it so Clan Wolf gets closer to Liao space and then we have an actual front that matters. None of us on could really justify defending Davion space.

To try and bring this thread back to its original intent, what real options are there to get loyalists on all sides to participate more in CW?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users