The Official Urbanmech Celebration and Meme thread [Renamed]

310 replies to this topic

#181 Arteste

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationNorth Port, Florida

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostRoguewolf, on 05 July 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Notice the number of people begging for an Urbie, and the number of people that think my little pony is cool. Its human stupidity my friend, and it is almost as common as elemental hydrogen in the universe.

"The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups! Herd mentality gave us Nazis, the Pet Rock and Justin Beiber. The Urban Mech serves only one purpose, as a speed bump to slow down real mechs as they charge in to the city center, allowing the royalty time to skidaddle!

#182 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'm down for adding any Mech to the game that fits the timeline. We also don't yet have a Mech that looks like a beercan.

#183 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 07 July 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

So based on this and the current year that the game setting will be I think that they next two mechs will be...

Assault: Emperor, this have plenty of variants for future play and is house specific for both the Lyran Commonwealth and the Capellan Confederation. The following guesses are Xanthos and Striker for the same reasons and the Annihilator just because Wolf's Dragoons used it.

The Emperor is extinct in 3049, not resuming production until 3057. Likewise the Xanthos (extinct pre 3rd SW, reproduced 3068). The Striker, again and doesn't show up again till 3056. Annihilators are not produced for anyone save Wolf's Dragoons, making them painfully rare elsewhere (read: not at all) until the Jihad era, which is even later still.

Light: Talon, this only has three variants but it is house specific for both the Lyran Commonwealth and the Free Rasalhague Republic. My backup guess is the Razorback for the same reason though it only has one variant.

The Talon is again extinct and doesn't show up till 3067. The Razorback wasn't even produced at all until 3063!

Edit: If they do release a heavy or a medium then it could be a Flashman or a Sentinel.

The only possible ones of the bunch, as downgraded versions of both were produced (in Lyran space) throughout the Succession Wars and into 3049. My handy-dandy sig link is very, very good for seeing what's possible in 3049, BTW...but make sure you check if a design stopped production. Many did, their facilities wrecked in some fashion as noted above only to be revived (if that) much later when the tech levels began rising in the Clan War era.

Edited by wanderer, 09 July 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#184 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

...Shameless and unnecessary BUMP.

#185 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Buck Rogers, 10 July 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#186 Spymonkey

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Bump for a cute trash can.....

#187 lDevilDriverl

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Berdyansk

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

nice pics))

#188 DarkendMoon

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMy Japanese garden being zenlike

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

I think the Urban Mech would be a perfect starter mech. The one that you get when you first install the game so you are forced to play it until you earn better mechs.

#189 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostKodiak Steiner, on 05 July 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

An Elemental could kill an Urbie! THERE I said it!

Elementals where designed to kill mechs! OFC IT CAN KILL URBIE. I WANT URBIE.

#190 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

Original jumping urby sketch by Shortpainter :D .
http://mwomercs.com/...ping-urbanmech/
Posted Image

Edited by Buck Rogers, 11 July 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#191 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Ok people... its time to let go of the Urbie and let it move on... and fade from existence.

#192 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

Never move on, Never Surrender.
Run out of Ammo and then try and DFA.
It's the Urbie Way!
We're too slow to move on, Urbies, like most MWO Forum Members just lurk moar.

#193 Ungolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

Whats a Urbie.

#194 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

Posted Image

#195 Abagnatius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech's Cockpit aiming at you...

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostBuck Rogers, on 11 July 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ok - a 3'000 mile high Urbie would be Urbitastic, but i'll settle for a 6 meter high one :D

#196 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostGridian, on 11 July 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Ok - a 3'000 mile high Urbie would be Urbitastic, but i'll settle for a 6 meter high one :D

It's Urbanriel, the angel of planetary urban defense ;D !!!

And, is there any canon statement of the urbies height? Random curiosity. 20 feet / 6 meters seems about right.

#197 Dhimmi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

this thread brings out the creativity in people it seems.... I like

#198 Mattrixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 108 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

All Urbie fanbois unite! Raise to the barricades! Damn, it use them jump jets you know you can't waddle up there. :)

And the Urbie should not be faded out, partly due to the BT lore itself stating that it is, well, they're multitude in numbers. And not only in the very prime variant of the AC/10 + small laser but with the Capellan Confederation version too with possibilities for even more bang for the buck in the torse area for another ballistic/energy mount. (Who knows, the other side of the torso might have a similar options too?) <_<
And not only that those two torso hard points might even be available for the prime variant too, just not being used and thus visible.

We Urbie fanbois can but hope to see this lovable little tube of fun challenge in the game (sooner hopefully then later). I am, unfortunately, not putting much faith in this happening soon, let alone on the launch of the game. But one can always hope. B)

#199 shadowhawk102

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

the urbanmech is a pipe dream, the devs would not put it in due to the limitations of the mech, only good in a in close type eviroment, city fighting, maybe a canyon type battle field, in any open area it will get removed from the fight before they could fire a shot.

#200 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

View Postshadowhawk102, on 11 July 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

the urbanmech is a pipe dream, the devs would not put it in due to the limitations of the mech, only good in a in close type eviroment, city fighting, maybe a canyon type battle field, in any open area it will get removed from the fight before they could fire a shot.

Depends on the opposition.

In light vs light battles it can surely perform, especially with a heavy ballistic weapon. All light mechs would be removed instantly in an open fight enviroment if a few mechs with heavy weapons get a good shot at it.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users