The Official Urbanmech Celebration and Meme thread [Renamed]

310 replies to this topic

#221 Kottonmouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyoming. AKA the Periphery

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostSkadi, on 11 July 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Best image, on these entire forums period.
Edit: If thats actualy you, you need it post it in the "Faces of Mechwarrior" thread.

Oh yeah.. Thats me stuffed in a trash can. I will get on that.

#222 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

#223 James Searcy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDCS The Dragon's Last Tear, Transfer Orbit, Al'Nair

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Palerider's UrbanMech Brigade will ride again.

#224 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Poor Urbie. So neglected and forgotten that it had to go hang out with Pac Man.

#225 Mattrixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 108 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Limitations? So, none of the other mechs have limitations then I take it? :D

#226 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I hope they put it in just to have more mechs, sure they could focus on all assaults but that would be boring. UrbanMechs have their place and can honestly be tough little shytes. Had one in the TT put xl engine in it and kept its speed, maxed its armor and made the guns even nastier :D. Then posted it in a city as a city scout hunter and ambush bug

#227 Titus Pullo XIII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNova Roma

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

"He was quoting the Bible, Revelations. 'Behold the pale Urbanmech. The man who piloted him was Death... and Hell followed with him' ".

Edited by Titus Pullo XIII, 12 July 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#228 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Can a moderator merge all these Urbanmech threads, though I know it would take up about of third of the whole forum and be 300 pages long. God I hope the devs offer a poll for players to choose which mech they want, an Urbanmech or Marauder, just to see how loyal all the Urbanmech fans are.

#229 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 12 July 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Can a moderator merge all these Urbanmech threads, though I know it would take up about of third of the whole forum and be 300 pages long. God I hope the devs offer a poll for players to choose which mech they want, an Urbanmech or Marauder, just to see how loyal all the Urbanmech fans are.

Wouldn't happen. Marauder is Unseen.

#230 Min0taur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'trashcan' is one of the few mechs that can torso twist 360 degree... Quite an advantage that maybe make Devs think it's a bit unbalanced (OP-like), compared to the others light mechs...

#231 Teutatis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Team mate came up with this after a few late night musings over the Jagermech.

BEHOLD!

Posted Image

#232 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostTeutatis, on 13 July 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Team mate came up with this after a few late night musings over the Jagermech.

BEHOLD!

Posted Image

oh...my...god... THE ARMS ARE REVERSED
Posted Image

#233 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

That Urbie with the arms reversed looked totally wrong, so I took it upon myself to fix it.

Posted Image

#234 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostBlackAbbot, on 13 July 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

That Urbie with the arms reversed looked totally wrong, so I took it upon myself to fix it.

Posted Image

Fry was here.

#235 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

He was easier to scale a beard off than ISS Spock.

#236 Deathman Kenshi

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostAeryk Corsaer, on 05 July 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

So many really want the UrbanMech...Why??? Truly useful only in urban environs, too slow and vulnerable otherwise in my opinion.

Still perfect target practice for rest of sane ppl which doesnt need LolTraktor [World of Tanks] alternative in MWO :D

Posted Image

Edited by Deathman Kenshi, 13 July 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#237 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostCalisrue, on 05 July 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

I know its not what will happen but I think it would be funny if the urbanmech was THE starting mech everyone had to start with unless you bought founders mechs.

Phew! Thank goodness I already bought my founders package with Catapult. I'll be able to pick them off from range or blast them with my medium lasers.

#238 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

View PostMin0taur, on 12 July 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'trashcan' is one of the few mechs that can torso twist 360 degree... Quite an advantage that maybe make Devs think it's a bit unbalanced (OP-like), compared to the others light mechs...

This keeps showing up, was this an ability in mektek or MW:LL? In the TT all mechs could torso twist only 1 hexside to either side. Nowhere does 360 degree torso rotation exist in canon or TT, so did this come about in one of the games?

#239 Foxmoan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 13 July 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

This keeps showing up, was this an ability in mektek or MW:LL? In the TT all mechs could torso twist only 1 hexside to either side. Nowhere does 360 degree torso rotation exist in canon or TT, so did this come about in one of the games?

Actually with "quirks" you could rotate more, and the Urbie does in fact have that quirk. I always liked the quirk system, added a little flavor to the games.

#240 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

UrbanMech walks into a bar. He slips on this huge pile of doodie on the floor, and falls to the ground. He looks around, hoping no one saw it to make fun of him, but luckily no one did, so UrbanMech goes and takes a stool and orders his beer. Just then, a huge Atlas comes into the bar, and he slips on that same huge pile of doodie, and falls to the floor. The UrbanMech swivels on his stool, looks at the Atlas and says "I just did that!". So the Atlas gets up, walks over, and beats the snot out of the UrbanMech.

This UrbanMech was leaving the bar to get on his dropship for the ride back to Tikonov, when he noted that someone had painted it pink with the words "STUPID URBS" scrawled on it. Totally pissed, he went back into the bar and shouted "Who's the dirty screw that painted my dropship pink?" A big burly Atlas stands up and says "I did. Got a problem with that?" "Nope" replies the UrbanMech, "Just wanted to let you know it's dry and ready for the 2nd coat".

Atlas collides with an UrbanMech. UrbanMech says "I am not happy." Atlas responds "Oh? Which dwarf are you then?"

Atlas asks an Urbanmech if he can borrow a dollar. Urbanmech replies "Sorry, I'm a little short."

I saw an Atlas pickpocketing an Urbanmech the other day. How could one stoop so low?

An UrbanMech and a duck walk into a bar.
The bartender says, "Where'd you get the pig."
The UrbanMech says, "That's not a pig, that's a duck."
Bartender replies, "I was talking to the duck."

UrbanMech walks into a bar. Says to the bar tender, "I'd like to buy some peanuts." Bar tender says, "Sorry, don't sell peanuts." The UrbanMech leaves.
Next day, UrbanMech walks into the bar, "I want to buy some peanuts." Bar tender replies, "I already told you I don't sell peanuts!" The UrbanMech leaves.
Next day, the UrbanMech walks into the bar, "I want to buy some peanuts!" Bar tender yells back, "I told you, I don't sell peanuts! If you ask one more time, I'll nail you to the wall!" So the UrbanMech leaves.
Next day, the UrbanMech walks into the bar, "Do you have any nails?" Bar tender says, "Sorry, don't have nails." UrbanMech asks, "Do you have any peanuts?"

Two UrbanMechs are walking their dogs, a black lab and a Chihuahua. Passing a bar, the "lab" walker says, "Let's get a beer." The other: "We can't take our dogs in there." The first: "Watch." In he goes and orders a beer. "Sorry, you can't bring your dog in here." "He's my seeing eye dog." "Oh. Sorry. Here's your beer." The other UrbanMech follows, orders a beer. Same response: No dogs allowed. "He's my seeing eye dog." "Yeah, right. A Chihuahua? Give me a break." "They gave me a CHIHUAHUA?!"

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users