Top 5 'mechs For Re-Scale Vote! (Part 2)

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Top 5 'Mechs for Re-Scale (2397 member(s) have cast votes)

Top 5 'Mechs to be re-scaled vote.

1. Kit Fox (281 votes [11.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

2. Raven (28 votes [1.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

3. Adder (21 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

4. Centurion (229 votes [9.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.55%

5. Voted Nova (477 votes [19.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.90%

6. Voted Shadowhawk (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

7. Voted Quickdraw (258 votes [10.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.76%

8. Voted Catapult (396 votes [16.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

9. Grasshopper (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

10. Voted Awesome (458 votes [19.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.11%

11. Victor (41 votes [1.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

12. Stalker (42 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote

#281 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 15 July 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

Lol the Raven, how the hell did the raven get up there. I'm in hysterics..

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 15 July 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

well... afaik raven nose is of the size of spider

Yup. I saw it.

I saw a Raven lying on it's back with it's nose pointing straight up.A Spider stood so close it's clipped into the Raven a bit.
Ravens nose was slightly higher than the Spider was tall. So if we cut the legs off the Raven the torso alone would probably outweight the spider by quite a bit.
Add the legs and the Raven would be somewhere around 40 tonns when compared with the Spider.

Wish i took a screenshot of it. I didn't think about it and exited the match as soon as it finished.
I use Kit Fox and Firestarter so i wasn't interrested in how the Raven was scaled....so i didn't screenshot it.

#282 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 15 July 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Why is the Nova winning?

The Awesome has been broken for years... :(

#losehopeincommunity

Because Clans vs Inner Sphere pissingcontest. It seeps into every discussion, whether it's about weapon balance, quirks, mech balance, hitboxes, maps, concept art... people always manage to make it into a Clans vs Inner Sphere thing.

PGI probably expected the players to look past that Clan vs IS rivalry in this case, which is why they didn't have separate polls for Inner Sphere and Clan mechs. But in hindsight... we probably should have had separate polls.

Just compare the average distribution of Clan vs Inner Sphere players for the different mechs (it's a public poll) and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 15 July 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#283 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

as i forecasted.
kit fox has surpassed the QKD.

and the race between centurion vs kit fox still runs hard amongst the terribads.

the quickdraw has the highest potential of all IS heavies (and those that are to vote) but no. not when everyone is just blatantly voting decent mechs in no immediate need of rescaling.

fix your damn brains. it already hurts to see the votes.
it would be correct to swap the nova with the QKD but thats just how fkin off the people are in here.

#284 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostAlienized, on 15 July 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

as i forecasted.

and the race between centurion vs kit fox still runs hard amongst the terribads.

the quickdraw has the highest potential of all IS heavies (and those that are to vote) but no. not when everyone is just blatantly voting decent mechs in no immediate need of rescaling.

it would be correct to swap the nova with the QKD but thats just how fkin off the people are in here.

I already switched my vote from CN9 to QKD, seeing how it won't surpass the Uller.

I'd suggest others do the same.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 15 July 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#285 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostAlienized, on 15 July 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

as i forecasted.

Lol, nope.

First of all, the quickdraw is not going to get edged out by the Cent, so relax.

Second, terribad? Please, I'm one of the best KFX pilots in this game, and I'm none to shabby with the Nova either.

Lastly, it's a poll dude, how did you come into this thinking it wouldn't be a popularity contest? Nobody's brains are broken, people are making pragmatic choices by choosing mechs they like that have size problems. If PGI wanted to rescale the mechs that needed a resize the MOST, then they shouldn't have put it to a vote.

#286 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

Does anyone have a pic of the Centurion and Quickdraw side by side? Not mechbay pics but in the field if possible.

#287 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 15 July 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Lol, nope.

First of all, the quickdraw is not going to get edged out by the Cent, so relax.

Second, terribad? Please, I'm one of the best KFX pilots in this game, and I'm none to shabby with the Nova either.

Lastly, it's a poll dude, how did you come into this thinking it wouldn't be a popularity contest? Nobody's brains are broken, people are making pragmatic choices by choosing mechs they like that have size problems. If PGI wanted to rescale the mechs that needed a resize the MOST, then they shouldn't have put it to a vote.

unlike many others you didnt vote the fox purely to dismiss the cent and vice versa.
thats the point that is pissing me off and how a poll should not be decided.
the guys that *pick centurion so the kit fox doesnt win*. thats to what the terribad is directed.

#288 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostAlienized, on 15 July 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

*pick centurion so the kit fox doesnt win*

It's not "pick centurion so the kit fox doesn't win", it's "pick centurion so the centurion wins".

But now, if the centurion wins, that means the quickdraw - doesn't. And quickdraw needs it way more than anything else in this bloody poll.

#289 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

I'm hoping that these are simply rework priorities, and we will get another chance for re-sizing other mechs. Victor needs it.

#290 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

They have to reset the bones and walking/running animation for the mechs when they rescale them from what i've heard.
It's probably because of new angles.
Wonder if they can make the Quickdraw look less like it's taking a dump while they move those bones around.

Regardless of which mechs get chosen the losers will probably get chosen next time a rescale is done. So no worries.
That will probably happen somewhere around newyears i think if PGI focus on rescaling rather than making new mechs.
At least i think so.

#291 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

anything can happen but it looks like its gonna be the nova with top votes, tho awesome is very close behind it, so close that theyre pretty much guaranteed to be 1st and second! guess those 2 are just seriously hated with their current sizes

Edited by stalima, 15 July 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#292 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 15 July 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

They have to reset the bones and walking/running animation for the mechs when they rescale them from what i've heard.
It's probably because of new angles.
Wonder if they can make the Quickdraw look less like it's taking a dump while they move those bones around.

I've asked Russ on twitter about maybe changing the Quickdraw's stance (like they changed Jagermech's and Blackjack's. They used to have a similar, "i shat my pants" squat that the Quickdraw currently has, but were changed).
He never replied. And i asked multiple times.
I think the only time he ever replied to me, was when i asked if the older mechs will be getting the faction camos, to which he replied with a single word. "Yes."

#293 0111101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostSagedabluemage, on 10 July 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

so why did we pick more than 1 before? if we were gonna choose 1 all togther why didnt you have us do that in the first place...

My guess is that by narrowing it down to a top 12, and then having everyone vote for one of the top twelve, the worst offender will be made known and four others with the most votes will end up getting the re-scale as well.

A little backwards imo, but hey what can ya do. At least they're still gonna re-scale five of them even if all but the top offender are a crapshoot due to 1 vote per person.

EDIT: Had they given us five votes to pick our personal top five on this already narrowed-down list, I think we would have much more accurate results as opposed to the toss up that this is going to be for mechs 2-5

Edited by 0111101, 15 July 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#294 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 July 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

I've asked Russ on twitter about maybe changing the Quickdraw's stance (like they changed Jagermech's and Blackjack's. They used to have a similar, "i shat my pants" squat that the Quickdraw currently has, but were changed).
He never replied. And i asked multiple times.
I think the only time he ever replied to me, was when i asked if the older mechs will be getting the faction camos, to which he replied with a single word. "Yes."

I suppose mechs taking a dump is low on their priority list. But on the other hand fixing it and the running animation shouldn't take that long.

I stand kinda in neutral territory between the Cent and Quickdraw.
I want that Quickdraw rescaled too since i like it, but on the other hand i see the Centurions problem even though i've never used it even once.
If we could see them side by side....

Quickdraw isn't just tall but also fat both in width and the depth of it's gut. Seems to have a problem with it's leg hitboxes too.
Centurion is nearly as tall as an Awesome they say despite 30 tonn difference in weight and it also seems to have thick legs.

Hard to make a call when you look at it that way so i went for the Kit Fox since it (and Adder) are the biggest in their weightclass.

#295 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Yikes... the Centurion is within 33 votes of the Quickdraw for 5th place. As much as I am for the Centurion to make it, and as little as I care about the Quickdraw, I can be realistic and say that it needs it more. Lets not let the Quickdraw get edged out, switch your vote of one of the other popular mechs that can't lose to keep the Quickdraw on the top 5! Let's do this right.

#296 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostWronka, on 15 July 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yikes... the Centurion is within 33 votes of the Quickdraw for 5th place. As much as I am for the Centurion to make it, and as little as I care about the Quickdraw, I can be realistic and say that it needs it more. Lets not let the Quickdraw get edged out, switch your vote of one of the other popular mechs that can't lose to keep the Quickdraw on the top 5! Let's do this right.

Switched to the Quickdraw because Juodas seems to cling to it like he is permanently glued to it with two-component glue.
Besides that gut is so deep and wide.
Too bad they don't want to make the mechs slimmer....Smaller yes but the proportion will remain the same from what i understand.

#297 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

swapped my vote from Centurion to Quickdraw, as there's just no chance of beating the stupid **** KFX...

#298 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostWronka, on 15 July 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yes, double yikes. If it gets too close, I will change my vote from the Kitfox to the Quickdraw.

The Centurion is a viable mech. I know, because I own every one of them except the Yen Lo. I'm not great at them, but then again I've never been great in them. They definitely need resized however, just not as badly as some other mechs.

The Quickdraw on the other hand has some of the worst hitboxes I've ever seen, and has massive fatty legs. If it's shrunk quite a bit, it could be much more survivable.

Posted Image

Edited by Greenjulius, 15 July 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#299 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 15 July 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Switched to the Quickdraw because Juodas seems to cling to it like he is permanently glued to it with two-component glue.
Besides that gut is so deep and wide.
Too bad they don't want to make the mechs slimmer....Smaller yes but the proportion will remain the same from what i understand.

Aye.
The modelers surely molested the Alex's artwork on that. Kind of like the Centurion, just more... like a fat guy and less like a Football player.

The torso is visibly wider and the arms are much, much larger and more low-slung than in the 2d art.
Just look at how sexy and sleek the concept art is!
Posted Image
And this is the fatdraw we got:
Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 15 July 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#300 Ashvins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

Only problem with this poll is when it come's to the heavy's. First the poll was before the increasing of the lower Right arm the dynamic weapons pass did to the Dragon. Second, Dragon's have been in the "outhouse" so long no one vote's for them because no one (or very few) pilot's them. Third, heavy's have the most mechs that need re-sizing so limiting it to 3 is "Bad Form"

The way the poll is shaping up, if we get one from each weight class and the fifth being the next highest vote count of the remaining eight we'll get:

Kit Fox
Nova
Catapult
Awesome

Quickdraw

IMO Dragon should be the FIRST on the list but because they have been in the out house for so long it's unlikely it will ever see a re-size if polls are how they decide.

Edited by Ashvins, 15 July 2015 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users