Top 5 'mechs For Re-Scale Vote! (Part 2)

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Top 5 'Mechs for Re-Scale (2397 member(s) have cast votes)

Top 5 'Mechs to be re-scaled vote.

1. Kit Fox (281 votes [11.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

2. Raven (28 votes [1.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

3. Adder (21 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

4. Centurion (229 votes [9.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.55%

5. Voted Nova (477 votes [19.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.90%

6. Voted Shadowhawk (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

7. Voted Quickdraw (258 votes [10.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.76%

8. Voted Catapult (396 votes [16.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

9. Grasshopper (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

10. Voted Awesome (458 votes [19.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.11%

11. Victor (41 votes [1.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

12. Stalker (42 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote

#261 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

Posted ImageViper Alt. Config. U

Intended to support boarding operations, this version of the Viper carries additional reaction mass in a Liquid Storage tank. An ECM Suite makes it more difficult to hit while approaching the target vessel. An Anti-Missile System swats down any missiles that come near the Viper U. Two ER Medium Lasers allow it to breach enemy armor from a distance, while the Hatchet in the left arm allows the Viper pilot to smash through armor.

(Boys dream) :3

Anyways..That is what the nova is supposed to look like.. Its more then esthetic purposes. It is tactical. Helps Brawling up close int he pocket (300m - 90m).

Edited by I R O N, 15 July 2015 - 03:07 AM.

#262 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostI R O N, on 15 July 2015 - 02:45 AM, said:

Posted ImageViper Alt. Config. U

Intended to support boarding operations, this version of the Viper carries additional reaction mass in a Liquid Storage tank. An ECM Suite makes it more difficult to hit while approaching the target vessel. An Anti-Missile System swats down any missiles that come near the Viper U. Two ER Medium Lasers allow it to breach enemy armor from a distance, while the Hatchet in the left arm allows the Viper pilot to smash through armor.

(Boys dream) :3

Wrong thread.

And Melee combat is usually frowned upon by the clans, as far as i can recall. (even the claws on the Kodiak are just aesthetic and can't be used as a weapon)

#263 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:23 AM

Lol the Raven, how the hell did the raven get up there. I'm in hysterics..

#264 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 15 July 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

Lol the Raven, how the hell did the raven get up there. I'm in hysterics..

well... afaik raven nose is of the size of spider

#265 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:52 AM

The current poll results make me a little sad and disappointed.

People are voting to rescale the Catapult instead of the Stalker.

The Catapult is PERFECT as it is! It is MEANT to be that big.

The Stalker however is TOO SMALL, it needs to be made 1.5x -> 2x as big.

Until the Stalker is fixed to make it larger then you will hardly ever see Highlanders, Victors, Battlemasters, Awesomes and Atlas in CW.

#266 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

Voting LOL. I would vote for the one I like to play, not for the one that is the most miss sized. Players don't want balance, they want their favorite to give them more wins. So voting for balance changes is the dumbest thing PGI has come up with...

#267 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

Regardless of the results, Centurion needs to be redone, even if it doesn't quite make top 5. It's been in the game just as long as the Awesome and Catapult!

Also, Trebuchet is in the corner shedding tears :(

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 15 July 2015 - 05:14 AM.

#268 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:41 AM

Rescaling the Awesome is not going to help it; the model itself needs to be adjusted. Scaling would just be blowing it up larger/shrinking the whole thing down. It won't change the profile/hitboxes.

#269 _MONGO_

Rookie

• The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

I see people voted with what they owned. The Treb is a walking barn door that needed a fair shake WAAAAYYyyyyyy before the 'hawk.

MONGO

#270 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

Here's where we stand; I don't see the list changing much within 24 hours. It seems like the top 5 are all but determined, but with many pushing hard for the Centurion.

1) Nova - 391
2) Awesome - 390
3) Catapult - 354
4) Kit Fox - 253
5) Quickdraw - 225
6) Centurion - 185
7) Grasshopper - 66
8) Shadowhawk - 63
9) Stalker - 36
10) Victor - 30
11) Raven - 22
12) Adder - 18

My take: I mostly agree with this list. The top 5 are some of the worst scaling offenders in the game, with the Nova being sized closed to mechs 15-25 tons heavier, the Awesome a mobile barn, and the Catapult sized closer to Assault mechs, even when you count the K2.

The Kitfox is nearly double the size of other 30 tonners, and the Quickdraw is awkwardly large, actually taking up as much room as 75 and 80 tonners. (60 tonners in general are gigantic and need downscaled)

I'm happy with this as a FIRST rescale, however I really do want to see an additional one soon. The Centurion and Treb need shrunk badly, as do most mediums that aren't the Hunchback, Blackjack and Enforcer. However, I'm happy to see PGI addressing this and giving us a voice to pick which mechs are chosen. Thanks PGI!

View PostSjorpha, on 14 July 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

Those graphs seem to support what I've been saying all along, the grasshopper isn't actually oversized. People are just obsessed with height and don't look at the actual size and volume of the model.

I voted for Victor, but I hope the kit Fox, Centurion and Nova makes it as well.

The grasshopper was a hard sell for me as well, as I actually put it in my top 3. The chart is damn accurate, no matter how much people want to deny it though. I changed my vote to the Kitfox because size is most important for a light, especially a slow light.

However, it's obvious that around half the mechs in the game are in need of a resize.

View PostEGG, on 14 July 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

The height of the mech is what makes the Grasshopper a target. People see it and prioritize it over smaller mechs.

This is real problem with the hopper. It's Atlas/Shaq tall, which makes it stand out worse than a Direwolf in many cases. It can roll that damage and avoid some decently, but it's not a nimble mech, and has bad quirks. It's the red headed step child of the 1st resistance pack, and the most disappointing by far.

Edited by Greenjulius, 15 July 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#271 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

So the Kit Fox is getting an overhaul, but not the Grasshopper?

Wtf...they both need scaling, but I think the Grasshopper needs it more.

EDIT: How did the Atlas not make it? Power creep has turned the mech into a piece of garbage thanks to the DWF and KGC! It needs to be thinned out.

Edited by Pezzer, 15 July 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#272 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 15 July 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

Here's where we stand; I don't see the list changing much within 24 hours. It seems like the top 5 are all but determined, but with many pushing hard for the Centurion.

1) Nova - 391
2) Awesome - 390
3) Catapult - 354
4) Kit Fox - 253
5) Quickdraw - 225
6) Centurion - 185
7) Grasshopper - 66
8) Shadowhawk - 63
9) Stalker - 36
10) Victor - 30
11) Raven - 22
12) Adder - 18

My take: I mostly agree with this list. The top 5 are some of the worst scaling offenders in the game, with the Nova being sized closed to mechs 15-25 tons heavier, the Awesome a mobile barn, and the Catapult sized closer to Assault mechs, even when you count the K2.

The Kitfox is nearly double the size of other 30 tonners, and the Quickdraw is awkwardly large, actually taking up as much room as 75 and 80 tonners. (60 tonners in general are gigantic and need downscaled)

I'm happy with this as a FIRST rescale, however I really do want to see an additional one soon. The Centurion and Treb need shrunk badly, as do most mediums that aren't the Hunchback, Blackjack and Enforcer. However, I'm happy to see PGI addressing this and giving us a voice to pick which mechs are chosen. Thanks PGI!

Fully agree the Centurion should make it, however, at this point that would mean it would have to edge out the Quickdraw, and that's just wrong. If you ask me the Kit Fox should trade places with the Centurion. Yes, the kit fox needs help but not as bad as the Centurion and in either case the Arctic Cheater will take its place regardless so it would just be a waste anyway.

Also agree about the Trebuchet, though shockingly that didn't even make the list. There are others that IMO should have been on the list, like the Dragon and Thunderbolt, but because they have variants that are well quirked they got instantly skipped.

Lastly, as many other have said, I agree the re-scaling will not help some of these mechs, however, I think it is better than nothing.

#273 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostWronka, on 15 July 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

Fully agree the Centurion should make it, however, at this point that would mean it would have to edge out the Quickdraw, and that's just wrong. If you ask me the Kit Fox should trade places with the Centurion. Yes, the kit fox needs help but not as bad as the Centurion and in either case the Arctic Cheater will take its place regardless so it would just be a waste anyway.

Also agree about the Trebuchet, though shockingly that didn't even make the list. There are others that IMO should have been on the list, like the Dragon and Thunderbolt, but because they have variants that are well quirked they got instantly skipped.

Lastly, as many other have said, I agree the re-scaling will not help some of these mechs, however, I think it is better than nothing.

I voted for the Treb in the medium poll and thought it was listed highly, but it must have been pushed out by the Shad. I don't understand why... the Shad has some of the best hitboxes out of all mediums, and XLs incredibly well. The Shad has many fans however, and is technically the largest 55 tonner in the game.

What I'd like to see happen to the Centurion is the return of it's zombie hitboxes. It's CT used to be incredibly small, lending to the hilarious twisting and turning that would usually follow it losing its arms and side torsos. However, reducing it's width would definitely make it not only perform better, but would make it look much better too.

The Kitfox will always be a beloved of mine that I find hard to play anymore simply because it melts instantly to any mech over 40 tons. I really think shrinking it will make it still have a place in the clan lineup. The Arctic Cheetah will never be able to do my favorite ECM/LPL/2xERML + 5DHS build because it's stuck with 6xJJ and XL240. The Cheater will definitely stay the competitive mech, but the Kitfox can still be worthwhile if it's more fun sized.

Edited by Greenjulius, 15 July 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#274 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

Why is the Nova winning?

The Awesome has been broken for years... :(

#losehopeincommunity

#275 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 15 July 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Why is the Nova winning?

#losehopeincommunity

Awesome kinda needs a whole remodel, and not just a rescale.

#276 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 15 July 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Why is the Nova winning?

#losehopeincommunity
Be a useful, objectively as possible, the Nova is one of the most heinous extremely out of scale models as per the comparison? The Awesome is still basically right there, and has a garaunteed seat for rescaling too.

I mourn for the Trebuchet though.

#277 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 15 July 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

Regardless of the results, Centurion needs to be redone, even if it doesn't quite make top 5. It's been in the game just as long as the Awesome and Catapult!

Unlike the Awesome and Catapult, the centurion isn't hurt by its size; it's still one of the toughest Mediums in the game. It certainly is way too big, but it's an aesthetic problem.

Also, Trebuchet is in the corner shedding tears :(
This, so much this. Rescaling would actually help the Trebuchet be a usable mech, but nobody cares :(

#278 paladin yst

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTerra Inner Sphere

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

come on guys, we all know nova deserves this.

#279 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

Seems like a lot of people are misunderstanding what this poll will achieve... this is a rescale in terms of overall scale, not width, height, etc etc. You can't just take a model and shrink or stretch it in a certain direction.

So why the Awesome is there, I do not know.

#280 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 15 July 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

Unlike the Awesome and Catapult, the centurion isn't hurt by its size; it's still one of the toughest Mediums in the game. It certainly is way too big, but it's an aesthetic problem.

This, so much this. Rescaling would actually help the Trebuchet be a usable mech, but nobody cares :(

I have no clue how the trebutchet did not make it onto this list... and the centurion did.. A mech that is arguably one of the best mediums around.. with some of the best hit boxes, and pretty much best medium for a XL outside of a cicada..

The size/scalling has zero effect on how well this mech works, Outside of my TDR-5ss, my cent AH is my best performing mech and the others aren't to shabby either.. How a mech that can be considered one of the best be up for this is beyond me. This is suppose to help under performing mechs, Not take very good ones and make them tier 1.

Edited by JC Daxion, 15 July 2015 - 08:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users