Top 5 'mechs For Re-Scale Vote! (Part 2)

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Top 5 'Mechs for Re-Scale (2397 member(s) have cast votes)

Top 5 'Mechs to be re-scaled vote.

1. Kit Fox (281 votes [11.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

2. Raven (28 votes [1.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

3. Adder (21 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

4. Centurion (229 votes [9.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.55%

5. Voted Nova (477 votes [19.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.90%

6. Voted Shadowhawk (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

7. Voted Quickdraw (258 votes [10.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.76%

8. Voted Catapult (396 votes [16.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

9. Grasshopper (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

10. Voted Awesome (458 votes [19.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.11%

11. Victor (41 votes [1.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

12. Stalker (42 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote

#41 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

How the F#$% the Trebuchet did not make this is just crazy.

#42 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:09 AM

Well, the 1 vote doomsayers seem to may have been worried for nothing. Looking like a good spread among the worst victims: Nova, Quickdraw, Awesome, and Catapult.

2 way tie for fifth. Kitfox or the cent... I like both, but kinda hoping for the Cent.

#43 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

I don't understand this poll at all. Only 1 vote per account means that you basically have to game the system, like it's some kind of vote for parliament. I don't vote for the Awesome, even though it's the most deserving, because it's going to be in the top 5 no matter what. So I'll vote for the Centurion, even though it's not my number one priority, because it needs more votes.

You won't actually get an accurate representation of what the players want with this sort of vote. I'm guessing that you did it this way because the forum doesn't allow multiple choice with a maximum of 5 boxes checked. I understand, but it's kind of sad that such an important poll is fundamentally flawed due to simple technical limitations on the forum. Why not just create a proper poll on your website?

View PostGoatHILL, on 11 July 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

How the F#$% the Trebuchet did not make this is just crazy.

Yeah, nobody cares about the Trebuchet. It's kind of sad. But the 3D team really did f*** up the art on that one, IMO. The concept art by Alex Iglesias is gorgeous, the actual in-game model looks terrible.

#44 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

How the hell did the shadowhawk beat the Treb? I mean just compare the two for a sec,
They are boat hugely Tall, but at least with the shadowhawk its a shinny ***** of a mech where as the treb is as wide as two double doors.

Guessing the shadowhawk is simply a more popular mech.

Well enough is enough the Treb demands justice!
I call out to all you Treb pilots take to the fields and hunt down every last shadowhawk you find take them apart for this injustice!

#45 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

I love my kitfox the way it is. But the race is between it and the Centurion...

Kitfox vs. Centurion: Which would you rather drive as is?

View PostFanto, on 11 July 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

Guessing the shadowhawk is simply a more popular mech.

Yes, the Centurion and the Trebuchet won't make it because people have already given up on them :D

At least we *might* save the Centurion if we can get people to help it beat the Kitfox...

#46 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

As an example, my struggle before casting a vote:

* Smart Guy emerges from the Left Brain.
* Mad Gamer emerges from the Right Brain.

SG: Ok, here's a vote, but we have only one now. Let's go with an Awesome...
MG: No way. I've never liked this thing.
SG: Sure, but it's the worst offender. It's a goalkeeper, which catches balls of fire.
MG: Who cares, people just don't understand how to keep distance. I'll go with a Catapult!
SG: What? Really? Scaling it down not gonna solve anything. There's too little hardpoints for it to work anyway, and you know it.
MG: Not a problem for me. It's a Liao mech, and I have three of these. I want them to do things and shenanigans.
SG: Oh, come on! Don't be a douche now, it's for the better of the game. You can run your Cats just fine...
MG: Let's go with Quickdraws then...
SG: No way! Do you remember how you tried to master them and sold all three before finishing Elites?
MG: Yeah, I also remember how cool it were looking on a concept art. And we need a 60t brawler for Commodity Waffles.
SG: Let's be neutral and go with the Nova. Have you seen it's arms? If MWO had melee combat, Nova would need no weapons.
MG: Mph... Clanners has their Storm-screws, they wont use Novas anyway. What a waste of dev's time.
SG: Whoa! They even got a Shadow Hawk... What The Hell!
MG: We're going with Catapults, period. *click*
SG: YOU SON OF A *****!!!

Edited by DivineEvil, 11 July 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#47 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

The Kit Fox currently has more votes than the Centurion!

The KIT FOX has more votes than the CENTURION!

What the...

Posted Image

Y'all do realize that there is a mech coming that will render the Kit Fox utterly irrelevant, right? Same tonnage, bigger engine, better hardpoint locations, more hardpoints and doesn't get its ECM blow off when it loses its arm. Even if the Kit Fox wins this vote, there's absolutely zero people who will prefer the Kit Fox to the Arctic Cheetah.

In ten days, the Arctic Cheetah will turn the Kit Fox into a distant memory. Unless PGI shrinks the Kit Fox to the size of a thimble, this rescaling won't change that.

#48 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

I voted for the Stalker. It needs a slightly larger torso profile. Right now it has the torso of a low-end heavy and the legs of a most-heavy assault.

#49 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostAvimimus, on 11 July 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

I love my kitfox the way it is. But the race is between it and the Centurion...

Kitfox vs. Centurion: Which would you rather drive as is?

Yes, the Centurion and the Trebuchet won't make it because people have already given up on them :D

At least we *might* save the Centurion if we can get people to help it beat the Kitfox...

hmm hmm yes OR we could save the kitfox if we could make sure people beat out the cent.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 July 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

What the...

Posted Image

Y'all do realize that there is a mech coming that will render the Kit Fox utterly irrelevant, right? Same tonnage, bigger engine, better hardpoint locations, more hardpoints and doesn't get its ECM blow off when it loses its arm. Even if the Kit Fox wins this vote, there's absolutely zero people who will prefer the Kit Fox to the Arctic Cheetah.

In ten days, the Arctic Cheetah will turn the Kit Fox into a distant memory. Unless PGI shrinks the Kit Fox to the size of a thimble, this rescaling won't change that.

Actually it's the Shadowcat that's going to replace the kitfox, not the cheatah. Kitfox has a smaller engine and thus more pod space, they fill very different roles. Shadowcat on the other hand is 50% bigger and does everything the Ktifox does better... cept maybe AMS boat...

#50 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

Actually it's the Shadowcat that's going to replace the kitfox, not the cheatah. Kitfox has a smaller engine and thus more pod space, they fill very different roles. Shadowcat on the other hand is 50% bigger and does everything the Ktifox does better... cept maybe AMS boat... 

The shadow cat is a 45t medium, it will be a fast striker like the ice ferret. The Cheetah will replace the fox sine it can carry ecm, faster engine and jjs. Can mount the same amt of lasers while carrying the ecm as the Fox, but with more room for heatsinks and TC due to 5t advantage

#51 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNear Dallas, TX

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

I would start with any medium mech that is taller than any assault mech.

Wth.

#52 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 July 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

What the...

Posted Image

Please tell me you are just trolling in this. Please tell me you know that not EVERYONE has the Arctic Cheetah on pre-order. :huh:

#53 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 11 July 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

If tonnage or weight class is of no importance, then you mas well trade your Kit Fox for a Hellbringer.

View PostNathan K, on 11 July 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Please tell me you are just trolling in this. Please tell me you know that not EVERYONE has the Arctic Cheetah on pre-order. :huh:

Filthy casuals... :P

#54 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 July 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

If tonnage or weight class is of no importance, then you mas well trade your Kit Fox for a Hellbringer.

Filthy casuals... :P

Do I look casual to you? <_<

Edit: Still, why does the Catapult have sooooo many votes? :huh:

Edited by Nathan K, 11 July 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#55 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

I'm kinda curious - if someone tweets that the only question is whether the Kitfox or the Centurion will get 5th place - what will happen to the numbers?

#56 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostDracol, on 11 July 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

Well, the 1 vote doomsayers seem to may have been worried for nothing. Looking like a good spread among the worst victims: Nova, Quickdraw, Awesome, and Catapult.

2 way tie for fifth. Kitfox or the cent... I like both, but kinda hoping for the Cent.

The problem is needing to vote for the Cent instead of say the quickdraw which is clearly a worse offender just to push it over the kitfox which needs it less... also if the kitfox gets resized so should the adder, those 2 shouldn't be separate options (they both need it but not as badly as some of these others).

#57 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 11 July 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

The problem is needing to vote for the Cent instead of say the quickdraw which is clearly a worse offender just to push it over the kitfox which needs it less... also if the kitfox gets resized so should the adder, those 2 shouldn't be separate options (they both need it but not as badly as some of these others).

You know what REALLY needs it less? The Catapult.

#58 arcangelS7

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

I did some number crunching and posted my results over on reddit: https://www.reddit.c..._on_mech_scale/

TL;DR: Here are the numbers for the worst offenders:
Black Hawk/Nova at 56% oversized
Catapult (Missiles) at 38% oversized
Dragon at 30% oversized
Quickdraw at 29% oversized
Centurion at 28% oversized
Catapult (Cannons) at 26% oversized
Uller/Kit Fox & Trebuchet at 23% oversized
Shadowhawk, Griffin & Vulture/Mad Dog at 22% oversized
Spider at 23% undersized

The much voted for Awesomes is only about 7% oversized, The problem there is hardpoints and hit box, not scale.

Based purely on their sizes, the Black Hawk/Nova should weight around 80 tonnes, and the Catapult As & Cs should weight 90 tonnes. Based on it's front and side profiles, the Catapult is actually larger than the Awesome. This is what needs fixing.

Edited by arcangelS7, 11 July 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostDracol, on 11 July 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

Why? The Cent only needs it visually, the Kitfox needs it for gameplay balance. Seriously, the Cent is my second most run chassis, and it's still tough as heck, as long as people know how to twist. I even run all mine with XLs. I think so many people got lazy running STD Engine SRMZombie Cents, they never really learned how to twist. I have never really seen YLW or Big AC carrying Cent liots complain, probably because we ALWAYS had to be cautious, to protect our right arms.

View PostNathan K, on 11 July 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

You know what REALLY needs it less? The Catapult.

um....LOL, no? It's one of the easiest cored mechs, and that is exacerbated by it's huge size.

#60 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

um....LOL, no? It's one of the easiest cored mechs, and that is exacerbated by it's huge size.

nope. its not because of its size. its because it looks how it looks. just like the timberwolf and direwolf has that round huge center. thats the only reason. you can see on the raven that this look is the main problem, not the size of the mech. jenner has the same problem.
its simply because it looks how it looks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users