129 replies to this topic

#61 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostTennex, on 14 July 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Its just instagram. Its an informal sneak peak. These informal things are easy to do. And are things we would not otherwise see if they had to put in the effort of booting up fraps and editing video etc.

Nonsense.

Fraps.
F10.
Wait.
F10.
Convert.
Upload to Youtube.

Takes about 1-2 minutes of overhead work to publish a proper result.
Even for a sneak peek that should be doable.
Otherwise it makes a very unprofessional impression, as I said.
A "Generation Facebook" like impression like someone isn't even capable (or too lazy) of pushing a button and uploading a file.

Edited by Paigan, 14 July 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#62 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostPaigan, on 14 July 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Nonsense.

Fraps.
F10.
Wait.
F10.
Convert.
Upload to Youtube.

A "Generation Facebook" like impression like someone isn't even capable (or too lazy) of pushing a button and uploading a file.

The function is built into Instagram. Its just easier. I wouldn't complain about it, otherwise we just would not get this info. This and everything else that is on instagram for that matter.

Remember, this is the "countdown to the countdown" its not the actual countdown. its something Tina is doing electively.

Edited by Tennex, 14 July 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#63 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostPaigan, on 14 July 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Nonsense.

Fraps.
F10.
Wait.
F10.
Convert.
Upload to Youtube.

Do also keep in mind that a lot of folks around the forum, and in fact players investing in the games industry as a whole, are clamoring for less professionalism. Suit-wearing guys reading pre-written, safely sanitized speeches consisting primarily of corporate buzzwords playing in front of a prerendered trailer just don't cut it anymore. People want to see inside the shop, they want to see if there are people working on their games and not soulless corporate money-vampires who are constitutionally incapable of committing to opinions, decisions, or courses of action.

I work in a professional industry. I hate professional people. Professional people have forgotten how to be people in their unceasing attempts to avoid offending anyone or coming across as someone who is, in fact, still human enough to potentially make an error.

People these days want less and less corporate professionalism getting in the way of actually accomplishing things or developing cool stuff, and this is one effort to do so. The Instagram feed is basically Tina going around the studio with her phone camera taking random snapshots of Piranha in their native environment, and for the most part it's been quite well received. It's not an Official Effort, it's a thing they do in their spare time just to see what happens. I've been enjoying it, even if I do wish they'd use their OFFICIAL FORUMS for stuff - but Tina, at least, has learned better and made an easily located thread with which to track Instagram posts, so hey.

Take what you can get, eh?

#64 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:19 AM

The hype is real

#65 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

The Shadow Cat is a Yen Lo Wang with JJs, MASC and CXL engine.

#66 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Good luck fitting cAC20 (not as viable as isAC20) and 2 er mediums on it!

#67 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostZolaz, on 14 July 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Well... Almost.... You can't really carry enough ammo to feed a CUAC20 without stripping off the lasers...

At stock armor levels, the Shadowcat has 17 free tons. 16 with ECM. So with 12 tons going to a UAC20 or Gauss, with 2 ERMLs for backup, that only gives you two tons of ammo. 20 shots is enough to justify the Gauss, maybe strip some armor and bump it up to 25 shots. But 12-15 rounds just isn't enough for a CUAC20... Not for me, anyway...

The UAC10 would net you 60-67 rounds though, which would technically have the DPS of the YLH, jist with more spread, so close enough I suppose. That's a pretty scary build, actually, now that I think about it...

My Prime will be almost stock, though. Gauss +2ERMLs +ECM, with 2.5 tons ammo.

#68 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

The Shadowcat is One Tough Cookie Buddy I Remember Destroying Heavy Mechs And Assoults With That Mech In The Colosseum

This Mech is Meant To Be A Sniper With ECM

#69 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 14 July 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Well... Almost.... You can't really carry enough ammo to feed a CUAC20 without stripping off the lasers...

At stock armor levels, the Shadowcat has 17 free tons. 16 with ECM. So with 12 tons going to a UAC20 or Gauss, with 2 ERMLs for backup, that only gives you two tons of ammo. 20 shots is enough to justify the Gauss, maybe strip some armor and bump it up to 25 shots. But 12-15 rounds just isn't enough for a CUAC20... Not for me, anyway...

The UAC10 would net you 60-67 rounds though, which would technically have the DPS of the YLH, jist with more spread, so close enough I suppose. That's a pretty scary build, actually, now that I think about it...

My Prime will be almost stock, though. Gauss +2ERMLs +ECM, with 2.5 tons ammo.

Does the Shadowcat even have the slots for a UAC20? Last I checked it, the space was pretty limited in the arms.

#70 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Why Do You Want A UAC20 On A Shadowcat...Wait I Wont Tell You.... Nevermind If You Can Carry A UAC20 2 Or 3 More On Different Mech? Shadowcat is Not A Brawler is A Sniper With Jump Jets Speed And ECM And Upper Level Hardpoints

#71 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 14 July 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Does the Shadowcat even have the slots for a UAC20? Last I checked it, the space was pretty limited in the arms.

Unless the right arm has a lower arm actuator (I don't think so... But not 100%) it can mount a UAC20

View PostThorn Fidelis, on 14 July 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Why Do You Want A UAC20 On A Shadowcat...Wait I Wont Tell You.... Nevermind If You Can Carry A UAC20 2 Or 3 More On Different Mech? Shadowcat is Not A Brawler is A Sniper With Jump Jets Speed And ECM And Upper Level Hardpoints

Because it would be fun? XD With MASC it could be a terror at close range. You'd never be able to hit it with an assault if it got within 100 meters.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 14 July 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#72 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:14 PM

I Have MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries If You Want To Check How The ShadowCat is And is Meant To Be Private Message Me And I Will Upload The File So You Can Play MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries With All The Patches MP 3.1 HD Edition

#73 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostThorn Fidelis, on 14 July 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I Have MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries If You Want To Check How The ShadowCat is And is Meant To Be Private Message Me And I Will Upload The File So You Can Play MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries With All The Patches MP 3.1 HD Edition

You.... Might want to reconsider that... I guess, even though the game was free for a while there, it's technically piracy, since only Mektek had the distribution rights, and the MWO forum people probably won't take kindly to you promoting piracy on their site... Silly though it may sound...

Plus... In MW4,my favorite Shadowcat build was to slap a Long Tom on it XD I called it my Tom-Scat, and it was hella fun. Amazing brawler, and you can bet I was damned good with those toms...

#74 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostZolaz, on 14 July 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

View PostMechB Kotare, on 14 July 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Good luck fitting cAC20 (not as viable as isAC20) and 2 er mediums on it!

View Postarmyunit, on 14 July 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

It can mount a UAC20 with 0 slots remaining in the arm.

4 tons for equipment remaining. You won't be taking a 12 ton ballistic effectively when you have 5 tons of hardwired equipment. With MASC removed, you can do a 12 ton Dakka, 2 ERMLs, ECM and 3 tons of ammo. Good enough for Gauss, but that's it.

UAC20 will be a terrible build on this. Save it for the Hunch IIC, which can do UAC20, 275 and 2MPLs with JJs.

#75 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 14 July 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

It can mount a UAC20 with 0 slots remaining in the arm.

Well that is a huge relief. :P

I know running a UAC20 on the Scat will be terrible, but still sounds crazy fun hehe. At least while it still has ammo.. :ph34r:

#76 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

God I really hope that if I put an ERPPC on that right arm that it'll get mounted where the Gauss rifle is and not in the regular Scat Energy slot.

#77 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Europe - The Final Countdown

QQQQQUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAACCCKKKK ! QQQQQQUUUUUAAAAAAACCK ! QQUAAAAK QUAACK ! :blink:

#78 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostTennex, on 13 July 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Tiny bit of heel-toeing going on there

Not all that
https://youtu.be/PKeK_IpQP2s

#79 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

I suppose this is kinda premature nitpicking, but maaan PGI why did you have to make the gauss rifle barrel so short?

The length was perfect in the concept art, why did you change it? :(
Looking at the image of the Shadowcat on the main page kinda kills the hype for me.. Probably one of the weakest and unintimidating looking Shadowcats I have ever seen.

EDIT: But don't get me wrong, I still think this Shadowcat design looks pretty decent, but it absolutely does not live up to the past designs in my opinion. Just kinda disappointing I guess.. I hope at least the ingame performance lives up to past titles.

Edited by armyunit, 14 July 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#80 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Goose Derp? Back To Square 1? Who Dares Wins? Bah LALALALALALALALA

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users