1 Day Until The Countdown To The Shadow Cat And Arctic Cheetah Begins

129 replies to this topic

#81 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

I Think PGI is Inner Sphear Because The Inner Sphear is Really Not That Strong The Clan Side Mechs Are Allot Better But IS Cry's Like Babies So PGI Can Help Them Atleast PGI You Can Make The Clan Mechs Beautiful And Effective If Not This Game is Broke

#82 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostThorn Fidelis, on 14 July 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

I Think PGI is Inner Sphear Because The Inner Sphear is Really Not That Strong The Clan Side Mechs Are Allot Better But IS Cry's Like Babies So PGI Can Help Them Atleast PGI You Can Make The Clan Mechs Beautiful And Effective If Not This Game is Broke

When people capitalize the first letter of every word like that I can't help but read everything they say in monotone.

#83 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:44 PM

It looks cool, but it should definitely raise its leg more. More exaggeration in the steps.

#84 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 13 July 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

NOPE. I wish.

Returning foot scoops doesn't raise up like that. The toe doesn't bend down.
They barely use the length of the leg to extend any amount behind the mech, or in front to create any kind of fluent stride. They hardly bend the knee. It's just paddling across the ground and tip toeing like the stupid Direwolf. Isn't this a medium mech? The animation looks stiff. But w/e I'm not surprised. All chicken walkers have been a major disappointment from PGI. Save for the Timberwolf and Maddog. Those mechs have a good stride.

Edit: As tennex posted, the catapult is also a great example of a good walking animation. The feet are lifted up on the return rather than scoop down.

They dont bend right now....Did you guys forget they adjusted the adder a while back to that its FEET WORKED!

Just relax....if you are that upset about its toes then how are you here with all the other issues visibly in this game?

#85 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 14 July 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

I suppose this is kinda premature nitpicking, but maaan PGI why did you have to make the gauss rifle barrel so short?
The length was perfect in the concept art, why did you change it? :(
Looking at the image of the Shadowcat on the main page kinda kills the hype for me.. Probably one of the weakest and unintimidating looking Shadowcats I have ever seen.

You're spot on with the gauss rifle. I have no idea why, but PGI loves short gun barrels. The gauss rifle is too short on almost every mech in the game, and it's comically short on the new Shadowcat.

And the screenshot on the main page wasn't very cool at all. The fist looks pretty corny and childish from that angle as well.

#86 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 14 July 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

They dont bend right now....Did you guys forget they adjusted the adder a while back to that its FEET WORKED!

Just relax....if you are that upset about its toes then how are you here with all the other issues visibly in this game?
I would be more worried about the gauss slug the Scat is going hit your cockpit with while it dfa's your mech.

#87 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 July 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

Considering the HBK is the shortest 50 tonner and shorter than the 45 tonners... this isn't surprising at all.

that pic looks wrong anyway
as somebody said, he placed the focus point way too close
if you watch the instagram post, shadow cat looks a bit smaller than hunchback

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 14 July 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#88 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostPaigan, on 14 July 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Nonsense.

Fraps.
F10.
Wait.
F10.
Convert.
Upload to Youtube.

Takes about 1-2 minutes of overhead work to publish a proper result.
Even for a sneak peek that should be doable.
Otherwise it makes a very unprofessional impression, as I said.
A "Generation Facebook" like impression like someone isn't even capable (or too lazy) of pushing a button and uploading a file.

Except myself, and several others have asked them to do something like this. Informal, spur of the moment kind of thing, and these videos are the perfect example of what we wanted to see. This is not an announcement, or some major reveal. It's just them being laid back, and sharing some pics, and clips with us.

#89 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 14 July 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

You're spot on with the gauss rifle. I have no idea why, but PGI loves short gun barrels. The gauss rifle is too short on almost every mech in the game, and it's comically short on the new Shadowcat.

And the screenshot on the main page wasn't very cool at all. The fist looks pretty corny and childish from that angle as well.

I think they tend to vary barrel length based on what's stock to an extent... The best example I have of this is the Highlander. (I'm referring to my Heavy Metal specifically, but reasonably certain it's true of all of them) The Gauss barrel ends at the same point the little side-shields does when mounted in the right arm. But, if you stick an LB10X in it, the barrel sticks out PAST the little shields. Despite the LB10X being significantly shorter relative to the Gauss on any mech that doesn't have either weapon stock

The Shadowcat comes stock with a Gauss, so the arm is designed to incorporate more of its components. Like the Highlander....

Perhaps ^^; Just a theory

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 14 July 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#90 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 14 July 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

I think they tend to vary barrel length based on what's stock to an extent... The best example I have of this is the Highlander. (I'm referring to my Heavy Metal specifically, but reasonably certain it's true of all of them) The Gauss barrel ends at the same point the little side-shields does when mounted in the right arm. But, if you stick an LB10X in it, the barrel sticks out PAST the little shields. Despite the LB10X being significantly shorter relative to the Gauss on any mech that doesn't have either weapon stock

The Shadowcat comes stock with a Gauss, so the arm is designed to incorporate more of its components. Like the Highlander....

Perhaps ^^; Just a theory

It's possible. The longest gauss barrel in the game is on the Warhawk, which comes with really long PPCs as stock. I always wondered why they didn't f*** that one up.

#91 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 14 July 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

It's possible. The longest gauss barrel in the game is on the Warhawk, which comes with really long PPCs as stock. I always wondered why they didn't f*** that one up.

The MDD-C has pretty long barels with Gauss for some reason... kind of flies in the face of my theory... It actually has a little block behind the barrel that bumps it out further.

#92 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

That Cat needs to go on a diet for those thunder-thighs and fankles.

#93 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

It might just be the way it looked on the screen, but it seemed like the side profile of the Shadowcat is thinner than I would think it would be. Like from nose to back.

#94 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

http://static.mwomer...5a263a7955a.jpg

Side torsos look huge.

#95 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 14 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

Side torsos look huge.

Pretty sure that's a perspective illusion... Remember the C torso sticks out much further than the two side torsos. So that big swath of orange you see between the vents and the cockpit is only visible from the side, not head on.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 14 July 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#96 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 14 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

I don't know. I think they seem to be about the same size as the CT. I think that over extended Right arm is making it seem bigger.

#97 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 14 July 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Oh, thank you for telling me to just relax. That was relaxing to be told that.
The adder/kit fox were bugs/the animation for the toes were missed. This -is- animated, poorly!, so this is not the same.

How am I still here? I'm here because I appreciate the game as a whole, and I'm ok with overseeing some of the other flaws (but you'll never catch me playing CW.). But that doesn't mean you have to be bent over with your pants down, pressing your buttcheeks against the MWO logo with a piece of duct tape over your mouth to keep you from voicing your disagreements.
People around here keep trying to make it a black/white choice - "You like MWO or you don't! If you don't like everything about the game, you can just leave!" - C'mon. Really? That's not how things work. That's a very narrow minded way to look at a problem.

Shadow Cat was the one mech I've been most passionate about and have held my expectations high. Just because I haven't said anything about the looks of the mech means that I'm fine with that. I've consoled myself and accepted how it looks. However, I've continually been verbal (and optimistic) about PGI taking this opportunity to infuse the Shadow Cat with a deeper sense of a predator through its walking animation, which would add a lot towards the persona/character of the mech. However that opportunity has been completely glazed over, and the quality of the animation is sub-average/average. It's the same tippy-toe hippity hoppity animation that most clan mechs have.

What you're seeing is my colourful passion come out for the mech; a different type of passion than the one I have which blankets the overall franchise. I've very strong opinions about how CW should be, and I think PGI is just wasting their time on it. That doesn't mean everyone has the same opinion, and of my opinions is that CW should have been implemented to phase out solo queue, but it wasn't (not many people are going to agree with that one, but I think it's largely due to not knowing what I have in mind for what CW should be inorder for it to phase out solo queue).
But like I said, I like the other part of the game (not cw), so I play it. I don't like the shadow cat, and even though I bought it. I'm not going to play it.

#98 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

Shadow cat my other love! You are about to arrive.

#99 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:34 PM

For those saying the Scat is too wide, look at the first Instagram teaser where you get to see it running from the front, it's not as wide as it looks from the front page.

#100 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 14 July 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

When people capitalize the first letter of every word like that I can't help but read everything they say in monotone.

Was going to say something similar in the line of when you type like that do you really expect to be taken seriously.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users