So Why Hasn't -Ms- Won? What Left Is There To Do?

News

165 replies to this topic

Poll: And the winner is.... (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it over? Who won?

1. Yes, -MS- (94 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Yes, Clan Wolf (25 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

3. Yes, The Clans (29 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

4. No (56 votes [19.86%])

Percentage of vote: 19.86%

5. I dont play CW / Dont care about CW (78 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ackstorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

-MS- ha already proven how easy it is for a single merc unit to completely destroy the IS, and yet they dont even reset CW.

What is left to take? Terra is all but taken. -MS- won.

Posted Image

and no I dont mean, why hasn't Clan Wolf, or the Clans in general won. Look at the map, its all too clear.

Edited by ackstorm, 19 July 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#2 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Who cares?

#3 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Oooh, a big unit PUG stomping through an empty game mode... So impressive.

(Heavy sarcasm)

CW is a broken unpolished mess. Nobody cares any more.

Edited by The Mechromancer, 19 July 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#4 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Why would the reset the map? The intent is to have the map be persistent. They reset it last time because some major changes had been made, not based on the progress of any given faction.

#5 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

There really isn't a defined objective yet.
Also MS is a merc unit and it would be "Clan Wolf" if there was to be a victory (Why does everyone forget CWI or SWOL? Those guys ain't push overs ether). Furthermore I see that every other inner sphere house still has their capital planet. It's going to take more than that just to win you know ;)

Anyways its Beta and there will be more resets to come. So just play the game and have fun :)

View PostRouken, on 19 July 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why would the reset the map? The intent is to have the map be persistent. They reset it last time because some major changes had been made, not based on the progress of any given faction.

Map is in beta. More resets before full "launch" to be expected :)

#6 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostCainenEX, on 19 July 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Map is in beta. More resets before full "launch" to be expected :)

Indeed, but "MS has lots of planets" is not going to be the reason for those resets.

#7 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostRouken, on 19 July 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Indeed, but "MS has lots of planets" is not going to be the reason for those resets.

True enough, and I concur with your reasoning. You seem like a sensible person. What are your thoughts on community warfare and/or Mechwarrior Online overall?

#8 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 19 July 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Oooh, a big unit PUG stomping through an empty game mode... So impressive.

(Heavy sarcasm)

CW is a broken unpolished mess. Nobody cares any more.

Who you calling nobody?

#9 Balilaika

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

The only reason Ms has destroyed the IS is because of thinking like in the first two replies.
Less ignorance and they'd have more opposition.

#10 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostKarlyle, on 19 July 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

The only reason Ms has destroyed the IS is because of thinking like in the first two replies.
Less ignorance and they'd have more opposition.

Liked this.

Please come and fight harder, turret drops and PUG stomping are fun for no one.

#11 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostCainenEX, on 19 July 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

True enough, and I concur with your reasoning. You seem like a sensible person. What are your thoughts on community warfare and/or Mechwarrior Online overall?

He really is sensible, in fact we all call him Mr.Sensible.

#12 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 19 July 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

Who you calling nobody?

Himself.

#13 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

What if there was a war, and nobody (else) showed up?

#14 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostCainenEX, on 19 July 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Thats a pretty broad question. So I'll just pick a few points. The two biggest issues I see in CW are no value attached to owning a planet and extreme wait times. I don't know the answer to either problem. In fact, many of the problems in this game seem to have no easy answer, despite what one might read on these forums.

Cbills would be the easy way to give value to planets but how to award the cbills and to which players becomes murky. Logistics may hold the answer but we know nothing of that yet.

The other problem is time. 10 min countdowns to unrewarding ghost drops (even worse if it a defense ghost drop) is a long time to wait. Add to this any time spent in queue forming a team and the 30 min duration of the match and it becomes hard to get more than a few drops in each night. Not sure how to change that without increasing the likelihood of ghost drops.

One things that should change is that all ghost drops should impact the capture percentage if at all possible. If a team is queued up for a defend mission and gets a ghost drop the game needs to check to see if there is an available square for an invasion/counter attack ghost drop instead. Waiting that long for no match is bad, waiting that long for no match and not helping capture a planet is just dumb.

Another thing that might help is not moving lone wolfs around when building teams. I spent 45 mins in the queue once with a team of 7. During that time our unit's other group of 9 dropped 2-3 times. Each time they requeued they snatched all of our lone wolf players to fill out their team. Also, pugs, if for no other reason this is why you should join a unit. 12 mans do less waiting.

It sounds like in the future each faction will have only one attack each time, so that may reduce much of the waiting by concentrating the players into fewer games.

Edited by Rouken, 19 July 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#15 ackstorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

Frankly I think merc units should not have as granular of selection on where they fight as they do now. They are supposed to be told where to fight by their employer, not pick it for themselves.

#16 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

View Postackstorm, on 19 July 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Frankly I think merc units should not have as granular of selection on where they fight as they do now. They are supposed to be told where to fight by their employer, not pick it for themselves.

Wolf has been paying us. We also do some pro bono work from time to time.

#17 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,992 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostRouken, on 19 July 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

The reason for the reset is Clan Wolf won! They won Terra

Just like the game Risk or Monopoly when the game gets to the end it’s the end

Clear the board and let’s play again "I will get you this time"

#18 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

-MS- pretty much *IS* the community of CW at this point; a few other units keep a showing and all but...

Honestly I just don't think it's time to worry about CW, not until other parts of the game are shaped up first, namely:
  • gameplay balance
  • map overhauls (god new River City is gorgeous)
  • Single player/co-operative tutorials and (!)hopefully a campaign
  • Steam release, which in tandem with a single-player mode (and the aforementioned balance/map overhauls), will - most likely - help the MWO population skyrocket
Now, that also means that once these goals are accomplished, the overhaul of CW will need to happen & happen *quick*...no rest for the weary, as it were (unfortunately enough).

BUT! Once it all happens, the game will, I believe, be amazing and resemble more closely what we've all been imagining since 2011; Russ, Paul, and the PGI team will be able to realize their dreams and visions of their game; the players will be able to rejoice (and likely find new arguments and start unit rivalries and so on); everything will be better.

The biggest problem now...is time.

#19 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

Funny thread. Bet the MS guys are having a giggle.

#20 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

o7 to MS

With that said the tags can be misleading as it doesn't give the % of the split in terms of victories. Both CWI and SWOL were typically fielding 1-2 12 mans a night in support of the effort. Delta rolled a huge concentration of European players that allowed planets to be seized in that time zone. MS has a high concentration of skilled vets that were able to smash through the lines a lot quicker than our average group which has a mixed skill level of players. If you could see the split it would probably not be as dominant as the map might allude to in terms of being "only" an MS effort. They were a dominant force in the drive south but it took huge numbers on many different time zones to reach terra.

Edited by Blueduck, 19 July 2015 - 07:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users