So Why Hasn't -Ms- Won? What Left Is There To Do?

News

165 replies to this topic

Poll: And the winner is.... (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it over? Who won?

1. Yes, -MS- (94 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Yes, Clan Wolf (25 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

3. Yes, The Clans (29 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

4. No (56 votes [19.86%])

Percentage of vote: 19.86%

5. I dont play CW / Dont care about CW (78 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 HerHareHair

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

Before any limitation and splitting can be done we need a proper alliance mechanism. This will help the (now smaller) Units to be able to field 12 mans. A new tab next to Unit (called Alliance), which lists all players in an Alliance. In such a system, large units like SRoT or -MS- would become an alliance consisting of many smaller Units. Everything would work for them as now, but additionally it would now be possible to have (fairer) planetary events.

Also, add a "Faction" tab with all (online) players in a faction (with unit tags) so small Units without alliance can try to find more guys to drop with. And ability to find those without an Unit, for recruitment purposes.

Finally chat (chats) should be visible all the time while not in game (bottom of the screen).

God, I ran off-topic here....

#82 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

View PostRepasy, on 23 July 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Are you saying you are friends with every single person in YOUR unit? Pleeeeeeease. Most members of those superunits are grouped up for the sole purpose of being associated with one of the largest hardcore units, no matter what their skill level is or who their friends are. In fact, they probably joined one of the largest units around due solely to the fact that they DON'T personally know anyone who plays this game. "Hi! Howz it goin? Wanna group? :3" does not count as a 'valuable relationship' friend.

With the addition of population control per faction (ie. restricting players from joining factions that already have a surplus), that solves the problem of too many sub-units dropping on same faction. Some would be forced to drop on an enemy faction. Seeing as this would lead to a more balanced population and thus more games taking place, I think that's a small sacrifice for the good of a game that has been beaten down continually by the actions of its players.

Your arguments are invalid.

EDIT:

Forgot to make one more point. Losing membership in a unit =/= losing your friends. You would still be able to contact them all in-game via friend chat, so my solution does not restrict someone from making relationships in any shape or form.

Did I ever say I was friends with EVERY members? No, I didn't - try again. I said you consider them friends/family, at least I do and I know those that I play with do too. Thankfully, I am not in an uber unit, but large/small enough so that members are NOT some faceless person.

Of course lemmings do what they do, they are lemmings.

My arguments ARE valid because I play this mode and have concerns over the harm it will do to anyone and everyone that has formed a community of like minded people.

So, tell us all how many people you have to kick out? 100? 200? 300?

Sure you CAN stay in touch but have you ever had any human interaction face to face before? When was the last time you got kicked off a team and they said "yea, were still friends and we can stay in touch, you just cant play with us anymore".

There is a psychological factor here that you fail to see.

#83 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 July 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

Do you guys just wander the interwebs in packs or did you all just get a 30 day ban that stopped at the same time?

There was this total lack of NKVA hijinx for weeks, now suddenly you're all drifting back in.

One of the new mods not pay their protection money?

We're roaming ronin who fight for justice

#84 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

Okay...

Just to sum up in the most simplistic way...

-MS- conquered a huge chunk of the IS for Clan Wolf...

This begs the question: Why?

Do -MS- or Clan Wolf have some kind of advantage now? Or disadvantage? Does it make any difference? Do they have more ressouces or cheaper Mechs, now that they own more planets? Do they have a harder time defending their territory now that they are more spread out?

Do MS's conquests mean anything for the recent state of the war?

#85 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 24 July 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

We're roaming ronin who fight for justice

Lone Bird and Scrub?

Posted Image

Edited by MischiefSC, 24 July 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#86 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 24 July 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

Obviously yes. In context of the war that we have, they won (or are damn close LOL)

No they don't have any bonuses or perks, but that's not IN the current state of the war, so it's moot to ponder.

The current state of the war is who has the most dots on the map.....and that's them.

You know what I would do if I were MS (and I haven't been able to play much recently due to work so maybe they have already), but if I were MS I would flip factions to one of the IS houses....and start fighting back up toward the clans, just taking back the planets they already hold in Clan space.

LMAO

ZING!

#87 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 24 July 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

Okay...

Just to sum up in the most simplistic way...

-MS- conquered a huge chunk of the IS for Clan Wolf...

This begs the question: Why?

Do -MS- or Clan Wolf have some kind of advantage now? Or disadvantage? Does it make any difference? Do they have more ressouces or cheaper Mechs, now that they own more planets? Do they have a harder time defending their territory now that they are more spread out?

We were getting paid and we like working with Wolf. We also like leading in the planet count category, just like NKVA likes leading in the IS win % category. Different metrics for different....epeens, I guess. Couldn't think of a clever word to rhyme with "metric".

Wolf now controls the space around Terra, which is important to them. Win-win for the things that are important to each group of players.

If planets and territory don't matter to you, that's great, but all of this is around in-game achievements of one form or another. It has the same level of meaning as any other accomplishment in a video game.

Edited by Khereg, 24 July 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#88 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

View Postackstorm, on 19 July 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

-MS- ha already proven how easy it is for a single merc unit to completely destroy the IS, and yet they dont even reset CW.

What is left to take? Terra is all but taken. -MS- won.

Posted Image

and no I dont mean, why hasn't Clan Wolf, or the Clans in general won. Look at the map, its all too clear.

Terra

#89 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostKarlyle, on 19 July 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

The only reason Ms has destroyed the IS is because of thinking like in the first two replies.
Less ignorance and they'd have more opposition.

Well not to mention they play both sides of the ball... IS and Clan...

I hope people realize they are not just a clan merc unit lol

Edited by Saxie, 24 July 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#90 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

*Jade Falcon be like*

well, so long as no one's paying attention...

#91 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Is there really anything that can save Community Warfare at this point?
It was too little, too late, and now what they need is lots of new (or old) players to participate in CW.

PGI reeling in a massive amount of new players to make CW viable again, and then KEEP those new players for a decent amount of time (as far as F2P games goes) seems pretty impossible at this point.

They can get positive reviews from whomever it is from PC Gamer that has hard on for MWO, but I don't think the Steam launch, or more favorable reviews are going to do ****. If MWO (or at least the CW side of things) actually gets revived and we have a decent playerbase, I'll be astonished.

Edited by xeromynd, 24 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#92 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 24 July 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Is there really anything that can save Community Warfare at this point?
It was too little, too late, and now what they need is lots of new (or old) players to participate in CW.

PGI reeling in a massive amount of new players to make CW viable again, and then KEEP those new players for a decent amount of time (as far as F2P games goes) seems pretty impossible at this point.

They can get positive reviews from whomever it is from PC Gamer that has hard on for MWO, but I don't think the Steam launch, or more favorable reviews are going to do ****. If MWO (or at least the CW side of things) actually gets revived and we have a decent playerbase, I'll be astonished.

Right. And comments and attitudes like this and just walking away......that'll make the game better and more developed. LMAO

Yeah, this game will never get better, everyone should just walk away............and make sure that the prediction comes true.

Personally.......

Posted Image

Edited by Thumper3, 24 July 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#93 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostThumper3, on 24 July 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Right. And comments and attitudes like this and just walking away......that'll make the game better and more developed. LMAO

Yeah, this game will never get better, everyone should just walk away............and make sure that the prediction comes true.

Personally.......

Posted Image

1.) Who said anything about walking away?
2.) Actually, yes, from what I've seen, people bitching and complaining on these forums en masse is actually what gets the community the changes they want.
3.) Those of us who have criticism, and are generally disappointed by how the game has turned out so far are allowed to feel and post as such, sorry my opinion of this game isn't the highest. I've given it a chance after every major update, but it still falls below the bar as far as the mechwarrior I know and love is concerned.
4.) For the record, I'm with you, people should keep playing CW if they want it to get better, and believe me, I've tried, but not everyone has time or patience to sit around waiting for 20-30 minutes to play one match, when they having limited gaming time to begin with.

#94 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 24 July 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

4.) For the record, I'm with you, people should keep playing CW if they want it to get better, and believe me, I've tried, but not everyone has time or patience to sit around waiting for 20-30 minutes to play one match, when they having limited gaming time to begin with.

I obviously misunderstood your intent. The tone seemed to imply CW was dead and gone already. An implication that leads toward walking away.

I feel you on game time, right now with my current work schedule I get maybe 2 hours a night twice a week to play, and then whatever time I can cram on the weekends which is almost never in "prime time" so I get very limited CW time right now.

But it's the trying that's important. In my mind, even my 30 minutes in que without a game before I have to quit and walk away (I usually am handling emails, watching a show, or reading forums so it's not totally wasted LOL) helps....because it shows PGI the number of players in que, and how long it takes, and what happens when it just doesn't work. It's all information, that's how I stay sane and cherry. :D

#95 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 24 July 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

I disagree. People should play CW if they have fun doing so.

#96 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? It's Beta 2, no body won.

#97 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

Since we were mentioned, I'll just add my 2 cents... Skye Rangers of Terra are currently already split up and organized into regiments. We only operate under a single tag because it is simpler and more convenient in-game. Capping units only nets you 7 or so smaller new units - and we will still be dropping together regardless of tag. Still on the same TS. Still for Steiner. Unit cap does not bring any change or improvement.

What CW is missing is any kind of incentive to play - there is virtually nothing to be gained in CW. That dot changing color just makes no difference.Not even all of the dots.

Currently we have summer - apparently this has lowered member activity quite significantly. Also a lot of people are just burned out from CW - and have very little motivation to play the game mode. And there's even less motivation to play if you can't get a proper group rolling...

#98 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 July 2015 - 03:14 AM, said:

Did I ever say I was friends with EVERY members? No, I didn't - try again. I said you consider them friends/family, at least I do and I know those that I play with do too. Thankfully, I am not in an uber unit, but large/small enough so that members are NOT some faceless person.

Of course lemmings do what they do, they are lemmings.

My arguments ARE valid because I play this mode and have concerns over the harm it will do to anyone and everyone that has formed a community of like minded people.

So, tell us all how many people you have to kick out? 100? 200? 300?

Sure you CAN stay in touch but have you ever had any human interaction face to face before? When was the last time you got kicked off a team and they said "yea, were still friends and we can stay in touch, you just cant play with us anymore".

There is a psychological factor here that you fail to see.

You contradict yourself. You say you aren't friends with every member of your team, but you can put a face to them? treat them like family? Perhaps you simply don't think highly of your biological family, but where I come from, family > friends. Friends come and go, but family is everything.

Also, I think you still aren't grasping what I'm trying to say. Yea, people can stay in touch. And if they can stay in touch, they can still PLAY TOGETHER. I've played quite a bit with people who aren't even in the same unit as me, and we get along fine. I don't require my 'friends' to have the same unit stamp to continue to be chummy with them, lol!

And from a psychological standpoint, I believe it's impossible to make friends via online. Maybe with facetime/skype, but until you physically meet someone you can't really say you know them like a friend, let alone FAMILY.

Say, hypothetically, this game shut down today. Would you stay in contact with everyone in your unit? Even a fraction of your unit? Would THEY stay in contact with YOU? You might stay in contact for a while, but I doubt it would last. If they were your friends, the OBVIOUSLY you would not lose contact with them, but I can't see anyone staying in contact with a person that they met solely on one online video game when the associated game is no longer around. You may feel like you could/would stay in contact right now (and in your defense, it's very easy for young people to confuse friends with like-minded strangers, especially via online settings), but the feeling won't last, or at least it won't be mutual.

Of course, you won't even care if this happens, because like I said, these online relationships people make are ones with little meaning and are easily forgotten and replaced. Their sole purpose is to over-compensate for a deficiency in real relationships, thus their face value is negligible. The 'friend' tally number is all people really care about when it comes to online friendship.

Edited by Repasy, 27 July 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#99 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

You forgot the MS won but I don't care because I don't play CW option.

#100 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

A map that is going to be reset on minor or major changes is meaningless. You either have community warfare and have it going for years without any resets or you don't. PGI is so unsure of their product they still have to beta test major parts of it - years after official game release. Competitive gameplay is only possible if the company stays clear of making changes on a cosmic level. No major improvements to CW on the roadmap but another reset? Why?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users