69 replies to this topic

#41 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostAutologus, on 06 August 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

This is the build I like to run, it is strictly a skirmisher since it's maximum range is 400m but it can flat put out the damage. My favorite target is light mechs, multiple ECM can be a problem sometimes but I try to stay at the maximum end of the range for the streaks that way I am out of their ECM range.

SHC-B

Have you considered running an active probe, so you can jam light mechs' ECMs while keeping your own up at the same time?

#42 Autologus

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

Your ECM will counter your own CAP, the only benefit to running them together is for the increased sensor range and target information acquisition time decrease.

#43 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

2 LPL, play it like the ERLL Raven or Cicada.

#44 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostJason Red Death, on 29 July 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

I use my Shadow Cat B with 3x SRM6 Artemis 2x ERM and ECM (Alpha is 50!).

Done this but started with 2 SPL.
After getting to Elite, switched to 2 MPL.
Went down to 3-4 tons ammo too.

Flip version is 3 ERML, SRM6, SRM4.

#45 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostAutologus, on 06 August 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Your ECM will counter your own CAP, the only benefit to running them together is for the increased sensor range and target information acquisition time decrease.

Right. Forgot about that part.

#46 Jason Red Death

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

I had my best games with 3xERL. With the modules you have 815m close range. Add a sniper module and ECM and you have a very nasty sniper.

Posted Image

Edited by Jason Red Death, 08 August 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#47 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

My builds take advantage of the cat's high jump and quick response;

jumpsniper; Cougar

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...29057532763e7a9

PPC +Uac5/w1.5t +ECM +TC.mk1

and my favorite skirmisher; Leopard

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5232d9b98a9a3cb

PPC +2xSPL +2xsrm4/1.5t +ECM

screw lasers, the cat just melts if anyone else beams you, since everyone else does it better, or equally.. the cat sprints to speed fast, and can reposition fast (work that MASC), meaning you can lob many small-hop rapid shots or shots from everywhere.

#48 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

My assement from fighting them is its not a knife fighter. I usually run IS mediums and the only build that really worries me is the 2x SRM6.

Some clan mechs pack alot of firepower the rest don't. Go for range or back staband run like hell.

#49 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

after playing all through elite, i have decided that that the stock builds are very good. except for the P it drove me nuts. snipe till out of gauss ammo and then play clean up never really worked for me. tried an UAC20 not too bad but way too short on ammo. finally went with an UAC10. seems to run well with the the MGs, 3 tons of UAC10 ammo is a bit light but not too bad. the duel UAC5 build was ok but you gave up having 6 MGs to do it. I mean what is the point of the P if you can't run 6 MGs?!

have yet to do any mix matching yet. hmm UAC20 and SRM6 not much ammo but what a nasty back stab....

#50 TwoFistsofFear

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest, USA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

Ive had decent luck running 3xERLL and an SRM-6. Chain fire two of the lasers for poking, pair the third up with the SRM for backup, short range pop. Though now that I think about it, I might try switching the third to a MPL just for the shorter recycle time on it.

#51 KMCA

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Orion, Milky Way, Virgo

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

2SPL
1ERLL
2SRM6 (with or without artemis)

Then heatsinks and ammo to taste.

Surprisingly you'll find yourself sniping with the single LL for half the match then joining in the fight towards the end as a finishing mech. Not going to break any records and excels at nothing but does many things well enough.

#52 Cynikk

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

Hey Guys. I'm extremely frustrated with this chassis. I just can't get a good feel for it. Some of what has to do with I haven't skilled it much yet I'm sure. It feels damn squishy even for a medium. With no real heat management. I*'ve tried 2 ERLL with both streaks and LRMS neither did I like. Tried 2 LPL's also with all the heat sinks I could fit and it still seems heat heavy. I dunno maybe after basic and getting elite on all three it will be better. Frustrating as heck atm.

#53 Zeriniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostCynikk, on 14 August 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hey Guys. I'm extremely frustrated with this chassis. I just can't get a good feel for it. Some of what has to do with I haven't skilled it much yet I'm sure. It feels damn squishy even for a medium. With no real heat management. I*'ve tried 2 ERLL with both streaks and LRMS neither did I like. Tried 2 LPL's also with all the heat sinks I could fit and it still seems heat heavy. I dunno maybe after basic and getting elite on all three it will be better. Frustrating as heck atm.

I love my ShadowCats, but they are hard to love. They really need to be Elited/Double Basic'd to really hit their stride, and they just aren't the mech some people want them to be. You have to be mobile, you have to abuse MASC for acceleration (hit it as soon as you hit the ground from jumping, instant go time), and you have to be invisible.

I run my Prime with ECM/1xCUAC-10/2xCERML
-A with 2xCER-PPC/ECM
-P with 2xLPL/6xCMG

I don't use the -P very often, MGs, even six, are horrible in this game, so it'd probably be better to just run 2xLPL with ECM and DHS.
I wasn't very fond of putting missiles on it, so the -B sits unused.

The SHC makes a great flanker/Striker/Harrasser type mech. Look at it as the clan Vinidicator. Great jumps, decent speed, moderate firepower. The ECM and MASC are there to keep the mech alive.

#54 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:37 PM

Masc really makes this mech play night and day better, remap MASC somewhere close to WASD, and map the 100% throttle close too, suddenly, you accelerate better then lights.

try pulsing the MASC when you are cornering for tighter turns

or

try burning the masc when you are standing still to snap your legs to the direction you want to go, and hit the 100% throttle key.

stop within a stride by hitting full stop with MASC active.

basically DON'T WASTE MASC FOR SPEED! a measly 10kph.
Myomer Accelerator Signal Circuitry is clearly an "accelerator" and as such the shadow cat needs to focus on Hit-and-Run.

Edited by zudukai, 14 August 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#55 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

I feel like this mech is a tech demo. ECM, MASC. I abuse ECM, sure. Otherwise, I'm kinda MEH about the tech. I'd honestly rather have more hardpoints, especially for energy weapons. 97.2 is a great starting speed for a medium mech (as fast as any clan light prior to the ACH), so MASC feels a little unnecessary and gimmicky to me (some folks seem to like it, and to be fair, I need to remap the key and spam it more before I call my opinion a firm one).

This mech has a low profile, great speed for its weight class. Given a better hardpoint layout, it would be a beast and a credit to its clan wave (which was otherwise pretty strong, with the EBJ and ACH being among the best anywhere in their weight classes). Right now, I feel it's uninspiring for sake of the limitations of the chassis's weapon configurations. :-/ Grinding up this mech is gonna be a tough slog, and I may end up putting it off for a while...

#56 Project Purification

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:23 AM

I'm trying the 3 ERLL build but I constantly overheat, pretty much all I can do to alpha once and wait 15 seconds, I'm not skilled up in it though so maybe it will change but for now I'm going 2 ERLPL

#57 Jason Red Death

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

With 3 ERLL you should never shoot all 3 at once. Only 2ERLL and then the 3rd. When your mech is hot. It is anyway time to change position.... so go in hiding look for a new sniper-spot and then shoot again...

#58 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

anyone want to duel?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...81b9e4e3cf1baa3

#59 Bacon Wan Kenobi

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

Ive been loving this chassis. 2 LPL has been fun, but also,

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...55d52b2ff0ddbf2
3x ERML, 2x SRM6. I try and stay low and get behind the enemy formation unnoticed

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7e717082be07301
3x ERML, 2x Streak-4. This variation is for specifically going after enemy lights.

#60 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 14 August 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

I feel like this mech is a tech demo. ECM, MASC. I abuse ECM, sure. Otherwise, I'm kinda MEH about the tech. I'd honestly rather have more hardpoints, especially for energy weapons. 97.2 is a great starting speed for a medium mech (as fast as any clan light prior to the ACH), so MASC feels a little unnecessary and gimmicky to me (some folks seem to like it, and to be fair, I need to remap the key and spam it more before I call my opinion a firm one).

This mech has a low profile, great speed for its weight class. Given a better hardpoint layout, it would be a beast and a credit to its clan wave (which was otherwise pretty strong, with the EBJ and ACH being among the best anywhere in their weight classes). Right now, I feel it's uninspiring for sake of the limitations of the chassis's weapon configurations. :-/ Grinding up this mech is gonna be a tough slog, and I may end up putting it off for a while...

apparantly it was supposed to replace the ice ferret... tho i think its may be suffering from the old magnetic CT, no matter what you do it always seems to end up cored and only loses a side if you turn like 100 degrees.

i mean the blackjack seems to tank more damage despite generally being slower

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users