Update: Oceanic Server Disconnects

273 replies to this topic

#241 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:43 AM

"The engineers performed some work over the weekend in an effort to resolve the Oceanic server issues, but disconnections and general instability are still effecting the Oceanic servers as of this morning"

Yah there's been noticeable improvement. I was getting dropped 1 in 4 last Thursday, now its like 1 in 12.

#242 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 11 August 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yep, Mechbay, Modules all are back to normal. Sorry.

Eh, nothing to be sorry about. I spent all of my cbills on modules already and all of my leftover MC on mechbays figuring the deadline was solid. I was just hoping to grind some more XP on my underused chassis and put the 3 million bonus from oceanic servers that I haven't earned yet on modules.as well.

#243 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

ALso, the clients hangs, sometimes and when the Repair Tools is ran it encounters random hash errors, I cancel the repair and I restart my PC and run the tool a gain and find no errors, I run it again and find some other files has hash errors. It's not my PC because I also play Planetside 2 and it's diagnostic tool finds no errors on its files after run twice, so I don't think so it's my hard Drive because the file would be corrupted permanently, if its surface were defective, I don't have overheating, not overclocking, you're doing something wrong IMO, check that repair tool again.

#244 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

I'm having similar problems when playing World of WarShips (their server is in Singapore as well), so it may be pathing to the server causing lag-spikes (or just bad netcode).

#245 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

Pretty easy to get 3x12pts, even with some games crashing. No big deal.

#246 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostWolf Kiarsen, on 12 August 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

PGI,...WTF,..seriously,..WTF. This is like some kind of warped social experiment.
You have either LIED about the problem all together or you didn't have a clue when you sent the 1% disco message. KNOW what your talking about, BE HONEST, and FIX this latest pile o doo doo server issue already. You do have programers right? You do have at least one person than can avoid issues instead of constently fighting fires? One?
Most unstable game I have ever played. The slow death of a game is coming,...(error shouldn't have paid a dime fort his broken crap)

PGI,...WTF,..seriously,..WTF. This is like some kind of warped social experiment.
You have either LIED about the problem all together or you didn't have a clue when you sent the 1% disco message. KNOW what your talking about, BE HONEST, and FIX this latest pile o doo doo server issue already. You do have programers right? You do have at least one person than can avoid issues instead of constently fighting fires? One?
Most unstable game I have ever played. The slow death of a game is coming,...(error shouldn't have paid a dime fort his broken crap)

I'm sorry. I couldn't quite hear that. Could you repeat it again for me?

#247 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

hater, troll, ranter... yawn.

#248 Lujasogi

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

The disconnects still occur and locks the mechs.

#249 Bitobux

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

About 25% disconnect rate for myself in Brisbane, Australia. Seems to be getting worse

Edited by Bitobux, 12 August 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#250 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

5th DC in 1 hour. Everytime winning with 2 or 3 kills in my cheetahs. This **** is ridiculous. Change your host country or something. These servers are just bad.

#251 Thor Eld

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Fletcher

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

dc's only on oceanic every second match no fun there

#252 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

This is very frustrating. I love this game and want to have fun which I do most nights but this kinda stuff just takes the joy out of playing. I have mechs I want to master and an event I want to complete but this is just painful. Maybe take the servers offline and continue the event again when the servers are relocated or fixed.

#253 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

2 matches on Oceanic this evening, 2× hard disco.

Will de-select Oceanic for good until it is proven fixed. Bye.

#254 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

about 1 in 4, guess that isn't too terrible

#255 Baldain

• Pip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

First Thank you for puting a server in the Oceanic region. But it seems worse than you are being told as I'm heading to 50% disconnects now. Premium time is ticking away and I guess I won't be getting my Australian flag from this event. Could you please re-run the event when they resolve their server problems. After all with 2 hours of disconnects a day even the extension wont help as I have a real life to deal with aswell you know.

#256 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:40 AM

Just got disconnected at the ready screen. This is getting comical.

#257 Brollocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStomping Mechticles

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:55 AM

I lose connection in every three of five matches on oceanic servers, to the point where I have given up queuing for them. Very frustrating since I have a 70 ping to the oceanic, 300+ to the US servers and 400+ to Europe. Never a problem disconnecting on the US or European servers.

#258 Brienne

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFrog heaven

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

It goes back and forth.
Managed to play several games without any trouble, but since a day, dc happens almost everytime.

Ok, I'm in Europe and get 300 ms ping.
Maybe it does mean only Oceania players can reach thoses servers.

PS: more annoying, once dced, my mech is stuck in the game for a while.

Edited by Brienne, 13 August 2015 - 02:00 AM.

#259 Salah Al din

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:01 AM

I'm in vacations to have some more time to play MWO but since PGI introduce the Oceanic server the crashs are constant. It's boring to play in such situation. I've bought some chassis to play along with my ally and I've seen that my collegues did not login for fight since the oceanic server appear. North American and Europeen fill ok for us in the ally, but if we have to play a CW game and crash, better turn off the game by the time we've lost trying to play.

#260 SNOW Scotti

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

HI,

I am glad your working on the problem with the oceanic servers.
If you got the solution you can just apply it to all others servers, as I am experencing same problem on all 3 servers since Tuesday 11.08.2015.

Game starts, "monn walking" mechs, error message "disconnected from game server", no rejoin possible and mech blocked for long time...

Pings (if anyone thinks that they may matter...)
North American: ~110
Europe: ~35
Oceanic: ~200

Thank you
SNOW-Scotti

Honor to Clan Wolf!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users