273 replies to this topic

#201 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

3 DC's from 7 Games. Ping is constant. Not spiking or anything unusual. Not doing anything unusual in game either. How about halving the required scores for this Takeover event?

#202 ToeFuNinja

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

For me, about every other game is a disconnect with out a possible reconnect.

Im kicking a 266 ping from the East Coast to the Oceanic servers. Which I would suppose is within the limits.

I'm guessing that the 30 games that crashed that PGI is talking about... those 30 games... had 24 people in them that all just independently crashed... thus making the whole game crash.... with so many disconnections going on, there is bounded to be 30 games or so where everyone was screwed.

Toe

Edited by ToeFuNinja, 10 August 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#203 Leggin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, Ca

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

Getting dropped over and over today. It was bad yesterday but this morning is really bad. I hope you will extend this challenge or start it back up after you resolve the problem.

#204 MacKJames

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

I'm not only having an issue with getting dropped without the ability to rejoin but also this game seems to be crashing far more often.

#205 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

Apologies for the server frustrations over the weekend everyone. I can assure you that the engineering team were working through the weekend to resolve these problems.
I've updated the original post with the information below.

The engineers performed some work over the weekend in an effort to resolve the Oceanic server issues, but disconnections and general instability are still effecting the Oceanic servers as of this morning. The server crashes highlighted in the original post were a side effect of a greater issue that is currently being investigated.
While we are working with our hosting and server partners to resolve the ongoing issues, the Oceanic servers will remain active.
As a result of these problems, the Oceanic Takeover event will be extended until further notice.

#206 DERANGEDDM

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 10 August 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Apologies for the server frustrations over the weekend everyone. I can assure you that the engineering team were working through the weekend to resolve these problems.
I've updated the original post with the information below.

The engineers performed some work over the weekend in an effort to resolve the Oceanic server issues, but disconnections and general instability are still effecting the Oceanic servers as of this morning. The server crashes highlighted in the original post were a side effect of a greater issue that is currently being investigated.
While we are working with our hosting and server partners to resolve the ongoing issues, the Oceanic servers will remain active.
As a result of these problems, the Oceanic Takeover event will be extended until further notice.

Thanks for the update. We'll keep playing to provide data points...

#207 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

Awesome! I'm getting close to getting some flags, but wasn't sure if I'd have time to get them.

The double XP has been nice too.

I get DCed maybe once every 5 games. But only once was it just me. Every other time I've been DCed, so has everyone else on my team.

Some of the interesting odd things I've seen on the Oceanic servers:

- Had a friendly Thunderbolt just appear in front of me on Frozen City. I was headed for a gap between buildings when he just popped into existence there facing me. He looked around and then ran off. No one else was even close to me, I just about shot him by accident.
- Had a mech collision where I teleported around the map for about 5 seconds and took a lot of damage from it. Was the longest collision/teleport that I've run into so far.
- Blocked an enemy who was backing up while shooting at my team, and somehow he cored my front CT. (must be those back mounted weapons ;) ) Had something similar happen once a year ago when a friendly killed me while I was a few steps behind him and he was facing away from me shooting.

Certainly keeps it interesting.

#208 Phadrus Corpus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

now I've got a Mech stuck in a never ending match that crashed, won't let me rejoin, and won't let me move on; LOL GREAT!

#209 Phadrus Corpus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

and AGAIN! When this challenge is over I'm never playing Oceanic again!

#210 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

I know it's frustrating. At least there is an extension on this challenge.

Can something be done about the dreaded ping too?

This is worse than dial up speeds.

#211 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 10 August 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Can something be done about the dreaded ping too?
Only YOU and your ISP can do something against a ping too high !

You need a route to the Oceanic server with less HOPS and/or less LAG ... check it with TRACERT or other network tools.

MfG, MEX

#212 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

dunno if someone has mentioned it. The kick from game, exactly like on oceanic, and inability to return, appeared on NA server long time ago. Its somthing in the game.

#213 Heavenly war

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnited States, Michigan

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

Glad something has been worked on all weekend, but the Oceanic Server should have definitely waited a good month or so longer before it was setup. You just released the Euro server and could hardly keep up with that first and work out the kinks, so why put yourselves in deeper water and over your heads with the Oceanic almost a week or 2 after?

Should have waited to get more statistics and more solid information to upkeep and maintain these servers. Oceanic ping is also ridiculous. shouldn't be at a constant 250 for everyone in the world. Hell, i shouldn't have 150 for euro either...but that's another story.

#214 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Thanks PGI for extending the Comp, I had 8 out of 30 matches, lock up and most common was River City.

View PostTitannium, on 10 August 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

dunno if someone has mentioned it. The kick from game, exactly like on oceanic, and inability to return, appeared on NA server long time ago. Its somthing in the game.

I remember this issue, at the time my unit thought it was us as all in the AU/NZ zones with 220 ping or higher.

Question PGI: why did you
a) not public test the oceania server?
B) not plan that running the Comp on NA/EU servers for a week then trying to add oceania server on its own would flood the oceania with players who got flags on the other 2 servers and would not normally use this one?

Still we AU/NZ players thank you for the server as finally our Hit reg works.

#215 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostHeavenly war, on 10 August 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Glad something has been worked on all weekend, but the Oceanic Server should have definitely waited a good month or so longer before it was setup. You just released the Euro server and could hardly keep up with that first and work out the kinks, so why put yourselves in deeper water and over your heads with the Oceanic almost a week or 2 after?

Should have waited to get more statistics and more solid information to upkeep and maintain these servers. Oceanic ping is also ridiculous. shouldn't be at a constant 250 for everyone in the world. Hell, i shouldn't have 150 for euro either...but that's another story.

Thats what AU/NZ have had for ping from day one, we get 100-170 on oceania server so we happy. Welcome to our world.

#216 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostKnight2416, on 10 August 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

Question PGI: why did you
a) not public test the oceania server?
B) not plan that running the Comp on NA/EU servers for a week then trying to add oceania server on its own would flood the oceania with players who got flags on the other 2 servers and would not normally use this one?

Still we AU/NZ players thank you for the server as finally our Hit reg works.

Remember that time they set up a European test server, invited the community to take it for a spin and provide data/feedback, and nobody ever used it? I'm sure PGI does :)

#217 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

I am not sure what the status is, but the only time I have experienced these crashes is when I take a Panther. Every time I take a Panther, and never when I bring something else. Could be complete coincidence, but who knows.

#218 Ultor Akier

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGrimsby ont.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

OK - so far disconnects one at 8:38 PM EST and 8:39 both times in a jenner coupled with the 6 i expierenced yesterday...30 out of 3000 games sorry the numbers are much higher maybe some people are just not getting the message out that the disconnects are more frequent....O will just keep posting here DC's edit-
9:02
9:50 - ALPINE PEAKS

Edited by Ultor Akier, 10 August 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#219 MannishBoy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:32 PM

Just had another round where my team wins, I get the scoreboard and results screens, disconnect normally, yet my mech is stuck in rejoin and I won't get credit for the match. That's the worst. Bad enough to lose connection mid match, but that's all for nothing now as far as the event goes.

EDIT: I may have actually gotten credit that time. Previously when that happened, I didn't.

Edited by MannishBoy, 10 August 2015 - 05:50 PM.

#220 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

2 games, 2 disconnects with Oceanic at 8:45 and 9:20. Both times with the reward CN9-AH. One disconnected before I even dropped, the other disconnected when I was halfway through awesome match on Crimson with cool brawl under the carpark. I had mech and ammo left and fight was going hard :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users