Resistance I & II: Blood Pact Loyalty Rewards

128 replies to this topic

#101 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

In-Game Pattern version (this shot was taken from the editor!)

Posted Image

#102 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Does it come in black?

#103 ElricVonRabenfels

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 13 August 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

I would like these highres textures in my game now, thankyouvermuch.
The texture quality of MWO is lacking. It seems like there ARE highres textures though.

Some free modules along with the blood pack stuff would be greatly appreciated as well.
Modules are just so sodding expensive.

#104 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRight where I need to be...

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

TY PGI,

Always nice to get a few more toys but how about also getting something a bit more practical as well, such as each Mech (including the extras) comes with Modules, Radar Dep and Seismic. Now, that is something that saves time and cbills!

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for whatever is given, but there is just something weird about spending the top dollar and then having to grind all that out for 16 mechs...since your looking for people to get off the fence. Give them the reason they CAN'T say no. It has a strange S&M feel to it kinda. Especially with all these bloody cuts on the Mechs... :P

Breakin out the 'ol school Skid Row, and playing Slave to the Grind... once again.

;)

#105 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 13 August 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

Tina, Nice pic, so basically it's a Fresh Cut... ^_^ I had to, just couldn't Resist..ance. -_- Oh, a double... Somebody, stop me! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ekdikesis, 13 August 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#106 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 12 August 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

I can't wait to fist the enemy.

....wait. waitaminute...

Well DS, that IS the Steiner way, isn't it? ;)

#107 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:03 PM

I was on the fence, and this offer had no influence on the decision making process.
All it did was make me feel better about not rushing to a decision before the end of August.

#108 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

This is a better deal than what the Clam Wave 1-3 got ;X

#109 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:02 PM

Russ,

This whole pack is great, but it just cry's out to me that it needs just one more thing...

A Resistance Warhorn, and not just any old horn. I'm thinking a bloodied Carnyx of old (in keeping with the theme). It sounds similiar to Isobaric but should be a bit deeper and inspiring. Your sound guy could do some interesting work with this. For some examples check out John Kenny, the voice of Carnyx on YouTube.

For the Resistance,
Ekdikesis

#110 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

All is fine and dandy, but I get sponsored to play. Rather I was, but my sponsor will not support this game anymore. So I will stick to what I have here. Can't afford anything else here anymore.

Also the Black Knight looks so much like a Battle Tech mech aren't Battle Tech mechs Copy Protected?

#111 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:53 AM

View Postwhitelightshadow, on 13 August 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

All is fine and dandy, but I get sponsored to play. Rather I was, but my sponsor will not support this game anymore. So I will stick to what I have here. Can't afford anything else here anymore.

Also the Black Knight looks so much like a Battle Tech mech aren't Battle Tech mechs Copy Protected?
This is a licensed Battletech Game.
Using the right to the Mechwarrior Franchise leased from Microsoft, and in some association with Catalyst / IWM.

#112 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:57 AM

So I just bought oneshoot camos for my R1 mechs and now you come up with another free camo for them.
Dammit ^^

#113 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 August 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

well true, yet the wave 1 was 8 mechs not 4. you are hiding half the truth.
but anways a single chassis of a pakc on wave 1 and 2 was $30 while the IS had $20 eahc chassis for 3 variants. But the newly added rewards for early buyers make this 4 variants for early adopters.

I'm not hiding any truth. The fact of the matter is they gave out the Mad Dog to people who spent nearly double what Resistance buyers are spending. I mean if we're gonna put all the numbers down just to appease the "Um, actually!" crowd, then:

Clan Wave 1 & 2 (early adopter irrelevant): (8 Mechs x 3 Variants) + (4 Mechs x 3 Variants) = (12 Mechs x 3 Variants) = 36 Mechs @ $360 = $10/mech. Reward = 1 Mech x 3 Variants = 39 Mechs @ $360 = ~$9.25/mech

Resistance 1 & 2 (early adopter rewards for 2): (4x Mechs x 3 Variants) + (4 Mechs x 4 Variants) = 28 Mechs @ $160 = ~$5.70/mech. Reward = Cockpit item & Paint

Resistance 1 & 2 (no early adopter reward): (4x Mechs x 3 Variants) + (4x Mechs x 3 Variants) = 24 Mechs @ $160 = ~$6.67/mech. Reward = Cockpit item & Paint

We already know the amount of money per mech is higher on Clan mechs because they come kitted out with Endo Steel (if applicable), Ferro Fibrous (if applicable), Double Heat Sinks, and XL engines. Some IS mechs in these packages also come with upgrades (Panther w/Endo, Enforcer w/Endo&DHS, Zeus w/Ferro&DHS, Mauler w/Ferro, DHS, and XL).

That aside, clan spent a lot more money per mech even with the Mad Dog gift than Resistance only buyers. And of course, this is just for people who /only bought/ clan packs and not IS packs, or vice versa. People who have bought both are spending a lot of money to support the game.

I'm just trying to offer some insight as to why Clan got a free mech for buying two packages where IS isn't. The money difference is quite large, and companies do usually follow the money. I think complaining about "where's OUR free mech?!" here seems a bit off when the difference in money spent is, again, nearly double.

I'm not saying the rewards for this are underwhelming or overwhelming, good or bad. Personally I find it to be a rather bland reward, just as I think "The Ardent" title/badge for spending nearly 500 dollars on the game is an awful reward. I mean, something is better than nothing and I was going to buy all 3 clan packs regardless, but you can't expect me, personally to be that excited about it.

Some people might be, and that's great.

#114 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostExAstra, on 14 August 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

I'm not hiding any truth. The fact of the matter is they gave out the Mad Dog to people who spent nearly double what Resistance buyers are spending. I mean if we're gonna put all the numbers down just to appease the "Um, actually!" crowd, then:

Clan Wave 1 & 2 (early adopter irrelevant): (8 Mechs x 3 Variants) + (4 Mechs x 3 Variants) = (12 Mechs x 3 Variants) = 36 Mechs @ $360 = $10/mech. Reward = 1 Mech x 3 Variants = 39 Mechs @ $360 = ~$9.25/mech

Resistance 1 & 2 (early adopter rewards for 2): (4x Mechs x 3 Variants) + (4 Mechs x 4 Variants) = 28 Mechs @ $160 = ~$5.70/mech. Reward = Cockpit item & Paint

Resistance 1 & 2 (no early adopter reward): (4x Mechs x 3 Variants) + (4x Mechs x 3 Variants) = 24 Mechs @ $160 = ~$6.67/mech. Reward = Cockpit item & Paint

We already know the amount of money per mech is higher on Clan mechs because they come kitted out with Endo Steel (if applicable), Ferro Fibrous (if applicable), Double Heat Sinks, and XL engines. Some IS mechs in these packages also come with upgrades (Panther w/Endo, Enforcer w/Endo&DHS, Zeus w/Ferro&DHS, Mauler w/Ferro, DHS, and XL).

That aside, clan spent a lot more money per mech even with the Mad Dog gift than Resistance only buyers. And of course, this is just for people who /only bought/ clan packs and not IS packs, or vice versa. People who have bought both are spending a lot of money to support the game.

I'm just trying to offer some insight as to why Clan got a free mech for buying two packages where IS isn't. The money difference is quite large, and companies do usually follow the money. I think complaining about "where's OUR free mech?!" here seems a bit off when the difference in money spent is, again, nearly double.

I'm not saying the rewards for this are underwhelming or overwhelming, good or bad. Personally I find it to be a rather bland reward, just as I think "The Ardent" title/badge for spending nearly 500 dollars on the game is an awful reward. I mean, something is better than nothing and I was going to buy all 3 clan packs regardless, but you can't expect me, personally to be that excited about it.

Some people might be, and that's great.
This is not an amazing way to actually calculate this.
I lost my original work so I'll redo it later.

You need to take into account all the base items (mechs, mechbays, camo, cockpit, premium time, etc) and how much it costs, vs the total cost, for overall saving, and then how much of that value is actually mechs to get value-per-mech.

#115 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

thx for the pic Tina, camo is kewl...

#116 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostOvion, on 14 August 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

This is not an amazing way to actually calculate this. I lost my original work so I'll redo it later. You need to take into account all the base items (mechs, mechbays, camo, cockpit, premium time, etc) and how much it costs, vs the total cost, for overall saving, and then how much of that value is actually mechs to get value-per-mech.
Mechbays are essentially valueless in this scenario as I'm sure few people have the room to afford 12 mechs if they didn't come with the mechbays. All including mechbays would do to the calculation is reduce the numbers you're looking at, not the ratio between IS:Clan cost, which is what I'm trying to show. Yes it would technically lower the "value per mech" but the ratio would not change. That's why I haven't included it.

Clans got an extra 30 days (90+60 vs 60+60) premium time, which equates to about $12.45. That would reduce the price per mech on Clan 1/2 INCLUDING the Mad Dog to $8.91 ($9.65 not including it). This calculation is only done relative to the IS. For example, it is assuming that the IS is getting 0 days premium time and Clan is getting 30 days. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm trying to show that Clans spent a lot more than IS. This whole thing started over "CLANNIES GOT MAD DOG WHERE'S MY FREE MECH?!"

Both sets got a total of 12 Warhorns (8 generic + 4 faction for clan, 6 faction + 6 faction for Resistance) and so the warhorns are moot (but will be included due to a slight price difference). For other cockpit items, Clans got 4 + 8 (+2 reward) (4 hanging faction icons + 4 hangers/4 mugs + 2 Steins) and Inner Sphere got 12 + 12 (6 hanging faction badges/6 coffee mugs + 6 hanging dogtags/6 faction holograms). So that means Clans got 14 cockpit items and the IS got 24. It's actually 30 if you count in all the "order early" bonuses that I am excluding for the sake of simplicity. If we just assume that it's 250 for the Steins, 500 MC for the mugs, 750 MC for the faction holograms, 750 MC for the hanging medallions, and 1000 MC (clan warhorn) 750 MC (IS/generic warhorn).... then it was 18,500 MC for clans and 25,500 for IS. Again, comparing these relatively the IS won out with 7,000 MC extra ($32.74 value), dropping their price per mech down to $4.71 with the early adopter mechs for Resistance II or $5.30 without them.

Clans are still pretty much paying double so far. And to be honest I can't be bothered to keep going with this and figure out what the costs are with the paint. IS got more paints and paint schemes unlocked than the clans did, even if you don't include the bonus they're about to get with the Blood Pact.

Again, my point is just to show that Clans Wave 1/2 buyers have paid pretty much double what Resistance buyers have paid, hence it's not logical to assume that you automatically get a free new mech + variants. I think it would be great if they did give out a free new mech w/variants, don't get me wrong. I think that would be a fantastic reward. It'd make me a bit salty that all I got for buying all 3 Clan waves was a badge, sure, but other people getting free stuff is never something I'd try to discourage.

Not saying this stuff is super accurate either, that's not what I'm going for. General view is what I'm going for.

Edited by ExAstra, 15 August 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#117 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostEkdikesis, on 13 August 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

Well DS, that IS the Steiner way, isn't it? ;)

It is.

#118 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Does Blood Pact mean that they follow Khorne? In that case it would bee great to implant Axes and the upgrade: Demonic Possesion. Can fight without Cockpit.

#119 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

*twitches, hits refresh, twitches*

#120 Todo Sandybanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon