128 replies to this topic

#61 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

So i should rush out and upgrade from my panther and jump in for R2, so $200 and i can have a badge and cockpit item? yeah sound reasonable to me, no more fence sitting for me i'm full in . honest, no lies, will do asap. :P

#62 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

Well, I hoped we would get some Fleas or something, since Clanners got Mad Dog... Ok, I get it, we got 4 additional variants to R1, but Clanners got a whole new chassis, so at least a Flea would be good addition, just for those laughs :D

But still, this is a nice addition, that camo pattern actually looks cool, imagine putting on some black colour and then some bright green for the blood... Gonna look creepy on Halloween :D

#63 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostIqfish, on 12 August 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

Consider me underwhelmed. Russ even announced the announcement, for another low-res texture? That doesnt even work on my 30% C-Bill variants, which are all that matters tbh?

Thanks but...

Because of this tweet I expected more too but I bought the packs anyway so no need from me to be pissed because of some free stuff.

#64 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 12 August 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

So i should rush out and upgrade from my panther and jump in for R2, so $200 and i can have a badge and cockpit item? yeah sound reasonable to me, no more fence sitting for me i'm full in . honest, no lies, will do asap. :P

Why $200?
A 60 dollars plus 80 dollars = 140 dollars, quiaff? ;)

#65 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 12 August 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

You forgot about those loyalty hanging items for CW. Does not seem much, but still I like them. The question is are those worth the extra cash?
Everybodys own wallet has to answer.

Bottom line is however: there is free stuff and you guys complain.

the loyalty hanging items?

Not sure exactly what you mean but if you mean...

1) faction hanging items: this is standard of all packs after Clan wave 1, however the IS get more.
2) hanging items that give loyalty bonus: this is only after 1 event and I think it was only One loyalty hanging item, I do not think events count for this...
3) early birds hanging items occur for the IS as well.

Edit: and I am not complaining about getting free stuff, just complaining over the people complaining about free stuff.

I'm just pointing out the fact that IS have tenfold the amount of free stuff over the clans and that the equality between clans and IS is quite needed in terms of treatment.

Edited by Nightshade24, 12 August 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#66 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:49 PM

Nightshade, if you bought all Waves top tier packages in time, you got loyalty rewards. That badge, a title and for each Clan one loyalty hanging item, giving a 5% adding to your CW points per match.
You could get ONE during Tukayyid for your Clan, so for Jade Falcon I got two of them.

Edited by latinisator, 12 August 2015 - 11:50 PM.

#67 Windschreiter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:49 PM

Great free stuff!

To all those cash grab guys: PGI has to earn money. They put up two new servers recently. if you check their vids there are quite some people working there. Those people need to get paid. Paid for making this game. That's why this game should fund their salary - simple as that. You don't like the game? Don't pay! It IS free to play - sure you have to wait on some shiny new Equipment, but you don't have to pay to get that at all.

But don't blame them for charging something for all the work that has been done.

Game is far from perfect true enough, but even though it is still a fun experience which has kept me(and a lot others too) going since 2012 - that's three years now. Not many games in my book that keep me coming back over and over again. So all in all I'd say they did a good job and don't deserve the attitude people give them.

Thank you PGI for this game, your time and compassion that has gone into it. Keep it up!

#68 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostWindschreiter, on 12 August 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Great free stuff!

To all those cash grab guys: PGI has to earn money. They put up two new servers recently. if you check their vids there are quite some people working there. Those people need to get paid. Paid for making this game. That's why this game should fund their salary - simple as that. You don't like the game? Don't pay! It IS free to play - sure you have to wait on some shiny new Equipment, but you don't have to pay to get that at all.

But don't blame them for charging something for all the work that has been done.

Game is far from perfect true enough, but even though it is still a fun experience which has kept me(and a lot others too) going since 2012 - that's three years now. Not many games in my book that keep me coming back over and over again. So all in all I'd say they did a good job and don't deserve the attitude people give them.

Thank you PGI for this game, your time and compassion that has gone into it. Keep it up!

Quoting only since just liking does not suffice.

#69 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:00 AM

In love with that camo

Too bad all I got is the panther I never drive anymore... have to dust it off.

#70 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

Bleed harder IS

#71 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:20 AM

Bleeding Mechs? Sorry. IS is not Chaos from WH40K.

#72 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Those cosmetic items are of zero interest to me. Also, maybe they should sort out the potato quality of existing camo patterns before adding new ones.

#73 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:36 AM

View PostCommander Kruge, on 12 August 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Wouldn't mind another shot at getting that Legendary Atlas, again. Missed it the first couple times around.

what legendary atlas ? (L) or (F) ?

#74 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

Maybe if R2 would have a better variety of mechs, then I would have invested (and invested early for those nice extra mechs), but it's almost all laser vomit, which I'm actually partial to but come on, some variety for variety's sake eh?

So I decided that I might just get myself the Crab once it came out for C-bills.

Then Russ' tweet made something stir within me. Maybe this might lure me in? Much like how I upgraded from the Grasshopper to the Zeus because it got me the Loyalty Atlas and King Crab?

But no. Badges, a cockpit item and a camo. All with non-final art.

And frankly I'm still disappointed in the special Resistance geometry and the badges (Yes, I sport the Spear, it's orange, like the House of Orange? I'm Dutch ok...), so I'm not eagerly going for art assets that might change wildly from the concept art shown.

Nice mechs could have convinced me, especially the actual line-up of the R2 mechs. Oh well, maybe there will be an R3 or P2 that will shake its behind in an enticing manner...

#75 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 12 August 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

You could get ONE during Tukayyid for your Clan, so for Jade Falcon I got two of them.

That was the Clan Invasion Event.

#76 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:33 AM

View PostPreyzer, on 12 August 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

any chance we can get that fist to flip people off every time we get a kill ?

Somone ANIMATE this. Show PGI how to do it :) Unlikely they would have the stones to DO IT but that would be an EPIC cockpit item.

#77 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:20 AM

Please PGI I beg you, this camo is behind a 160$ paywall please make it at least 2K sized, I am sick and tired of the ugly, pixely 1K camos.
It works for the clans too, so please!

(And an alternative client for 4K textures would be neat, by the way)

#78 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 13 August 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

Somone ANIMATE this. Show PGI how to do it :) Unlikely they would have the stones to DO IT but that would be an EPIC cockpit item.

you mean raising the middlefinger ? xD

#79 Preyzer

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 August 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

you mean raising the middlefinger ? xD

if you want to get fancy you can get that thumb out there too

#80 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostTennex, on 12 August 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

I think its just their way of tying together/putting an end a series of mech packs. Like the rainbow badge for clan wave 1,2,3. Kind of like how once your favorite series finishes airing, they tie them together and sell it as a volume or w.e.

Posted Image

Means maybe the upcoming IS mech pack won't be a Resistance III pack.
(Personally hoping next IS mech pack will be Phoenix II)

Phoenix II gets my money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users