Resistance I & II: Blood Pact Loyalty Rewards

128 replies to this topic

#81 MightyBolamite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

I think the camo is pretty cool, but I have no draw to buy Mechs I wouldn't want to play just to get it.

#82 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:06 AM

This is a nice bonus but honestly it is only good for those who already bought these packs. A badge and a camo certainly isn't enough to make me go out and drop $160 for 2 mech packs, esp since I will be missing out on all the early adopter awards that others got by buying earlier.

#83 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:57 AM

Badge could be in 3d layoffs, it is possible to move the "hand" ?

#84 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostJetfire, on 13 August 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Phoenix II gets my money.

And mine, as long as it contains mechs currently locked by Harmony Gold. Hell, Phoenix II, if it contains anything, should have both standard and IIC variations of both Warhammer and Marauder. Call it... Phoenix IIC - Legends Reborn.

#85 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:13 AM

Oh no !
You fooled me with the Resistance 1 pack badges, so I won't do anything for a badge and a pattern that is not even fixed and will be changed to something terrible that nobody would like to have...

But maybe there is someone out there, who respond to this deal...

#86 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:44 AM

I just wished we would get something useful, not cosmetic stuff... oh well, still thanks I guess... :/

P.S.: There is still time to add in a bunch of modules to go with the 'mechs :)

#87 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

When the support of this game starts responding to e-mails or private messages regarding the bans of international players....you can have more money PGI....until then:

Nice try. Not good enough.

#88 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostWronka, on 13 August 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

This is a nice bonus but honestly it is only good for those who already bought these packs. A badge and a camo certainly isn't enough to make me go out and drop $160 for 2 mech packs, esp since I will be missing out on all the early adopter awards that others got by buying earlier.

Pretty much exactly. Without the early adopter rewards, I don't see myself forking over real cash for mechs available for Cbills to get a skin and a badge.

When they announced the Mad Doge reward, I upgraded to qualify. Just sayin'.

#89 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

Maybe this isn't supposed to make you guys upgrade.

Maybe this is "Hey, thanks for buying our highest tier packages twice. Here, we had our art team get you guys unique skins for your contributions."

Just saying. Sounds better than "HOHO LOOK A MAD DOG BUY OUR HIGHEST TIER PACKAGE NOW!"

#90 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostPreyzer, on 13 August 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

if you want to get fancy you can get that thumb out there too

for double kills.

actually what if it raises a finger per kill you did, that would be amazing xD. I mean we have the urbie cockpit item being animated, so we should be able to get more cool animated stuff, like a sexy chearleader figurine cheering up. Just becasue sex sells :P

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 August 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#91 Preyzer

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 August 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

for double kills.

actually what if it raises a finger per kill you did, that would be amazing xD. I mean we have the urbie cockpit item being animated, so we should be able to get more cool animated stuff, like a sexy chearleader figurine cheering up. Just becasue sex sells :P

i think i can go for a dancing atlas in a mini skirt

Edited by Preyzer, 13 August 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#92 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

nice reward.

I'd rather you unlocked the House patterns to be accessible across ALL Inner Sphere mechs, but only for those with both packs of course ;)

But restrict it to 1 pattern of a players choice.

More likely to use that Pattern again and again than I am to just use 1 special pattern only on some mechs...

#93 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 August 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

People are actually looking for a new chassis, not more variants.

This. You know what would make a good new chassis?

A Hatchetman.

#94 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostVashknives, on 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

So Wave 1 and 2 get a Maddog, and we don't get a shiny new mech?

Wave 1 cost 240 USD, Wave 2 cost 120 USD. Wave 1 alone cost more than Resistance 1 and 2 combined. 360 USD combined vs 160 USD combined, not exactly a fair comparison, as the 3x MDD reward was for more than double the monetary value of what you've purchased (if you've purchased it).

Edited by ExAstra, 13 August 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#95 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostExAstra, on 13 August 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Wave 1 cost 240 USD, Wave 2 cost 120 USD. Wave 1 alone cost more than Resistance 1 and 2 combined. 360 USD combined vs 160 USD combined, not exactly a fair comparison, as the 3x MDD reward was for more than double the monetary value of what you've purchased (if you've purchased it).

well true, yet the wave 1 was 8 mechs not 4. you are hiding half the truth.
but anways a single chassis of a pakc on wave 1 and 2 was $30 while the IS had $20 eahc chassis for 3 variants. But the newly added rewards for early buyers make this 4 variants for early adopters.

#96 13th Shaman

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

Well as far as it goes for me... I bought both resistance packages long time ago, and to tell you the truth I think this badge, cockpit item and camo is a waste of time and hard work of pgi's employees, and to tell more both this and the reward for clan package buyers I personally consider rather insulting than anything.

The whole thing, could have been resolved a lot easier and with a nice touch, at the same time not piling up more work for the people standing behind this. Like free modules, cbills, premium time, MCs, mechbays etc, but they choose some (not shiny), "Shines", and the camo, srsly there is someone who likes it?

But the cockpit item, useless as it is.. I like it! I would put it in the honorary place in my home, just next to toilet brush!

Well in the end, I'm simply disappointed. Maybe I overreact, but giving people after they throw up a hard earned cash (in large quantities) into this game, a title and a badge? (like the reward for the clanners) Is seriously kinda insulting. I would prefer them staying with those extra variants for the mechs. I don't even want that awful camo, badge and cockpit item, along with 'double' unsellable variants of the (L) mechs.

Edited by The13, 13 August 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#97 Souldrink3r

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

Keep the free stuff comin

#98 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Id rather join the the Ghosts :P

View PostYogSothoth, on 12 August 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Blood Pact? Are we joining the Sabbat Worlds crusade?

Reference: http://wh40k.lexican...wiki/Blood_Pact

#99 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

all the rewards are for only dual owners of a two mech packs that have mechs that fill the same role and use mostly the same weapons. i find no reason to buy both top tiers of both packs. i considered buying one mech form resistance 2 but decided not to. i think this is just slapping the people that spend 80-140 $ in the face, for not spending the 20-80$ more on the useless mechs in resistance two.

Also give me the damn titles already. i know that sounds really bitchy but if you look at the concept art there's a good reason we are upset about the in game icons and the lack of titles.

#100 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

So buy Clan Wave 1+2 = Mad Dog
2+3 = Nothing.
1+2+3 = Mad Dog + Icon and Badge, lose on the value of 12 duplicate colours.

Buy Resistance 1 + 2, get bonus 18 colours, plus additional cockpit items, and 8 extra premium camo specs.

Yes you get a ton of stuff in all the packs, but the base content for both Clan and IS works out similar (roughly 80% discount).
But when you add in the extra stuff, the IS just gets... more.
12 Clan Colours vs 36 IS colours, extra camo, extra bits....

I mean, I appreciate the extra stuff I get from it, there just seems to be a disparity, where those who have bought less, get more.
I'm not saying that the people who spent more should get more free stuff, but should get at least an equivalent...

I spent an insane amount on CW1+2+3 (Holycrap I spent $480 on that O_o)
But I get less bonuses that those that spent $160, and on top of that, I get less relatively than someone who just bought Clan Wave 3.

Even buying R1+ R2 to crab, I get as many (if not more) extra's than Clan 2+3.

First world problems I know, but it's a little wierd, and comes back to me feeling like I'm being penalised for buying so much, vs those that spend relatively little, which removes actual incentive for me to spend more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users