54 replies to this topic

#41 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

While I would certainly prefer a little bit longer TTK, the Call of Duty comparison is just a hyperbole. Even with the current state of the game, our robbits survive massively longer than you ever could in a typical infantry shooter.

The real question is whether or not we should be even more tougher, because we are already tougher by default.

Yeah, today's shooters are almost always one-hit kills. I hate it. I heard it described as "kill people who never saw you and get killed by people you never saw."

I remember playing hundreds of hours of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II multiplayer as a kid. You could get the drop one someone and it was an advantage, but it would always be a firefight before anyone fell. You could shoot at each other, dodge, shoot some more, use force powers, counter them with other powers, even decide you weren't going to win and run away to get health/shields/ammo, if you were good enough.

Knowing how, where and when to fight let me play team deathmatch 1 vs 3. That was back when 4-person multiplayer was a selling point on the box, hah.

#42 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostMystere, on 13 August 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

< :lol: :lol: :lol: >

No name ans sham... oh... theres no pumpkin on the dash, it's not me carry on!

#43 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 13 August 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

No name ans sham... oh... theres no pumpkin on the dash, it's not me carry on!

Are you telling me you have a twin?

Oh the humanity! :o

#44 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostKyocera, on 13 August 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Blimey, that time of the month is it?

Sexist much?

#45 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostMystere, on 13 August 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Are you telling me you have a twin?

Oh the humanity! :o

He's the evil one, you might see him after midnight.

#46 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 August 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

For this complaint it all hinges on the fabled balance update coming.

Also after reading alot of topics I am convinced the gauss needs a nerf and charge up change to allow for auto fire after charge up.

I expect the big balance update may nerf clan weapons by a damage point each also.

Also how will the Inner Sphere XL engine be improved because it makes so many mechs so weak.

All the points above are completly on topic.

don't take an IS XL engine if you thinks it's that weak. Or do you now think a IS XL should be on par with a Clan XL?

#47 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 13 August 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

All I can say is...

When you have weapons with a wicked low cooldown (4 seconds on a PPC, 4.75 seconds total with Gauss) and high alphas, any chance you are trying to boost durability/TTK is negated.

Even in MW4, they made strong weapons have a higher cooldown.

The CERMLAS will just be cemented as the ultimate king at that point, and mechs that can't boat smaller weapons will have even less of a seat at the table then they do now.

I also don't think heavy weapons like PPCs need to be nerfed further.
I also don't think increasing LLAS/ERLLAS/CLPL cool-downs so that they are less competitive vs. the ubiquitous CERMLAS is a good idea.

Would this also target "heavy" weapons like ballistics, and make them even less attractive than they are now? Especially single ballistics?

Should the AC 20 have a longer cooldown? A weapon that exists to fight at close range?

It's not as easy as you think it is to simply nerf cooldowns on big weapons, and it would likely create as many new balance problems as it would "solve".

What happens to mechs that are designed around a few, big weapons - who now have even longer cooldowns to deal with on top of trying to work around ghost heat?

Edited by Ultimatum X, 13 August 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#48 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 13 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

don't take an IS XL engine if you thinks it's that weak. Or do you now think a IS XL should be on par with a Clan XL?

Not that I am particularly worried about Clan vs IS balance right now, but I always get the kick out of this argument.

"Yeah we have a Clan XL, but YOU have the option to take a STD engine, which is basically just as good and has no downside!"

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 13 August 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#49 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

I'm pretty sure Counter-Strike is a better comparison, though certainly not any more positive. The problem is also in my eyes that TTK is very variable. Some 'mechs and players see your armour ripped off in a few seconds while other 'mechs are more down to earth and tend to present much more enjoyable firefights and brawls.

Like the Dire Wolf, while it should be able to output massive amounts of damage, it shouldn't really be able to output so much damage so quickly. Which, unfortunately, is where I can start to see the merit behind ghost heat... :P

#50 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

While I would certainly prefer a little bit longer TTK, the Call of Duty comparison is just a hyperbole. Even with the current state of the game, our robbits survive massively longer than you ever could in a typical infantry shooter.

The real question is whether or not we should be even more tougher, because we are already tougher by default.

Assault mechs should be tougher, cause right now, they dare not to poke their heads out for more than two seconds--cause they won't last much longer than that. :P The weapon systems need more overhauling--big alphas are an issue.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Not that I am particularly worried about Clan vs IS balance right now, but I always get the kick out of this argument.

"Yeah we have a Clan XL, but YOU have the option to take a STD engine, which is basically just as good and has no downside!"

Lol yeah. These Clanners should try IS Std engine on their Clan mechs and see how "good" it really is, and understand how the choice is not a choice at all!

Edited by El Bandito, 13 August 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#51 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

it is when you can take endo to make up for the weight issue.plus you can change the engine to suit your build just perfect, i'm sure a few timber, summoner and many other clan mechs would love to down grade there engine size.

But then thats typical IS biatching like a $2 ******, we want everything equal but still have over quirks, it's 1 way or the other pick a side and accept it and move on instead of biatching and moaning

#52 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostDiomed, on 13 August 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

I don't know what the exact solution is but the game is no fun right now.

Nerf ECM into the ground. Do away with quirks, all quirks. Ghost heat is stupid, flush it and fire the monkey who came up with that terrible idea. Convergence needs to die a gory, painful death.

p.s. what is with this laggy forum posting code losing keystrokes if I type too fast?

Sure, and then remove Clan mechs from the game, because they are why we have the quicks we do, because the best Clan mechs are better than any IS mech in the game.

#53 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 August 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Lol yeah. These Clanners should try IS Std engine on their Clan mechs and see how "good" it really is, and understand how the choice is not a choice at all!

Hardly.

#54 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostFate 6, on 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Just curious what comp team are you on?

Jup, because...

1. only comp players opinion matter
2. CW one-way gameplay matters
3. comp players alone generate enough revenue to keep the game afloat

...oh wait...3 times nay

#55 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

My only complaint and Hope is that when this new patch change happens they award every player a C-bill per mech amount because it will surely break or obselete many builds in our mechbays that we grinded out. Many mechs will have to be re-fitted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users