Patch Notes - 1.4.3.0 - 18-Aug-2015

384 replies to this topic

#261 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

So I have had my current forum signature since the introduction of the Elo system. And I stayed true to it, I didnt spend a single dime on this game since they would not allow us to know our Elo. If they know let us know our new score at least privately I might have to actually spend money. Would be awesome.

#262 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

New map, the PSR thing (controversial but in a good way), ongoing 'Mech release stuff, and a swathe of UI improvements.

I'm lovin' it~

edit: I can see it now, a new thread in GD titled: "PSA: If games take too long to find, start sucking on purpose"

Edited by Telmasa, 18 August 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#263 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 18 August 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Pug/group queue are not about winning. They ARE about farming.

What kind of farming? C-Bills?... So you better win a game to farm C-Bills right.

The only reason I see is that player just don't group up, they don't equip usefull consumables like UAV and their overall situational awareness is crap. Thats the only reason why PUG is a 50/50
Just put me into a TIER where players want to win and let those who just want fun or sightseeing outside.

#264 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

Where can i see my "TIER" level?

#265 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Removing the Clan sale right before you release the Ebon Jag for MC.... You dirty ********. :P

#266 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Ok, so this is all great but I have two complaints about Forest Colony. Great work overall but 2 details are freaking me out.

1. There is a razor sharp horizon line. It should be blurred a little and it should fade out in the distance. I think it's pretty easy to fix.

2. Sky lacks details, it's too dull - maybe a few more smoke pillars in the distance, some clouds, a little color variety. Also some islands or mountains in the distance wouldn't hurt.

This is just a bit of constructive criticism, love the rest! Hope you guys can find time to work on this.

#267 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

And why do you want to see your TIER-Level? I don't get it...

It is not a kind of achievment, this is just a mirror of your ingame performance, if you act stupid you'll be in TIER5 - if you perform good your in a higher.

#268 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostSidefire, on 18 August 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Removing the Clan sale right before you release the Ebon Jag for MC.... You dirty ********. :P

The Clan sale was only for all the non-Wave 3 mechs.

You wouldn't have benefited anyways.

#269 Man with Axe

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

I loved my first impression of the new Forest Country - good stuff, cheers!

#270 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostFrytrixa, on 18 August 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

And why do you want to see your TIER-Level? I don't get it...

It is not a kind of achievment, this is just a mirror of your ingame performance, if you act stupid you'll be in TIER5 - if you perform good your in a higher.

To know how well you are doing and to to know if you are improving. As you dont know the level of your opponents you can not really tell from match score if you are doing well as your opponents might just be bad.

Just looking at your last sentence, I actually want to know if I am overall acting stupid or if I am doing well. Knowing the Pilot Skill rating would allow me just that.

Edited by Redoxin, 18 August 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#271 GullyFoyle

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

Well...
Considering the upcoming steam realease this change will at least protect the newcomers better then the old MM, and it also gives more tweakability to make matches more even. ( although I think that even the best MM can only do so much, and that we will still se a lot of stomps )

Nice new map too!

#272 Windgazer

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

Again with the dumb oversized trees?!?!?!? WTF?!?!? If you want the illusion of running around in a huge ass robot, don't stick us in a forrest that puts the robot back into human-sized scale!!!!! Damn, you ruined the whole idea of the forrest :(

#273 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

New Forest Colony is great. Same old familiar paths your team can take, but with a lot more places to poke and move. So youre whole team can't be locked down at 1 corner.

Fog at dawn looks a bit weird though.

View PostWindgazer, on 18 August 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Again with the dumb oversized trees?!?!?!? WTF?!?!? If you want the illusion of running around in a huge ass robot, don't stick us in a forrest that puts the robot back into human-sized scale!!!!! Damn, you ruined the whole idea of the forrest :(

Please stop..... The 'oversized' (they are not) trees in conjunction with the smaller trees, other details and small roads are a huge step forward in the design of this game.
Perhaps if you stopped staring at the 'oversized' (they arn't) trees you'de notice the other details, tiled and downscaled textures and increase in 'fluff' objects and see how these new maps are so much better at giving you a way to judge scale.

These 2 new maps are the ONLY maps that make me feel like i'm in a huge walker.

The way it was previously was moronic. Everything was scaled down (with overscaled textures) , and it didnt make you feel like you were in a mech at all - it makes you feel like you are a guy walking through a toy village.
Things of huge scale (dropships, massive buildings and huge trees) are essential to convey a sense of scale, along with other smaller details.

People that say things like the what I quoted from you seem to think mechs are bigger than they are. They are not robotjox or godzilla sized.

Edited by Axeface, 18 August 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#274 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostRedoxin, on 18 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

To know how well you are doing and to to know if you are improving. As you dont know the level of your opponents you can not really tell from match score if you are doing well as your opponents might just be bad.

Just looking at your last sentence, I actually want to know if I am overall acting stupid or if I am doing well. Knowing the Pilot Skill rating would allow me just that.

I just think that most ppl think that this a kind of goal to reach the best TIER, but first of all it is a thing to protect newbies, let casual player meet casuals and pros compete against pros.

What I can read from all those comments is the hidden whish to see a sense or a reward for the time and the effort they play and I totally agree with them.

#275 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

No opinion here on rankings. Makes finding games longer it seems. Only complaint about it. Casual player here with good and bad designs. Won't reflect my rank as it will fluctuate depending on my mood... troll, kill, or farm... mu ha ha

#276 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

Thank God, ELO is dead.

#277 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

was there a stealth nerf to cbills and xp earnings?

#278 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 August 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

You do realize that "the system" is overworked and somewhat unreliable in everyone's eyes, right? All it takes is an explanation....I apologize, I had an emergency, my child cut himself....and you're good. It is what it is.

do you seriously think that would work 5 games in a row?

it is the regular offenders who that system should penalize, if it happens one game in 100 then no problem, if it happens 1 game in 10 that is starting to get a bit excessive but could be legitimate, but if it happens 1 game in 3 then it is clearly someone disobeying the rules, and that player will be dealt with, provided PGI know about it.

#279 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

This has probably been covered, but my "invalid" tags are gone.

#280 Fast Eddie

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

I'm not sure how much larger the game files are now compared to the previous version, but when I'm trying to install this I'm running out of space on my SSD. I had over 25GB of free space but this doesn't seem to be enough!

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users