Displaying Pilot Skill Rating (Psr)

767 replies to this topic

Poll: Displaying PSR (5463 member(s) have cast votes)

What option do you like the best when displaying PSR Tiers?

1. Full disclosure - All players must display their Tier. (1516 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. Opt-in - Players can choose to publicly display their Tier. (3350 votes [61.38%])

Percentage of vote: 61.38%

3. Gun Shy - I don't feel my Tier should be displayed publicly, only visible to me. (592 votes [10.85%])

Percentage of vote: 10.85%

Vote

#21 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostDeath Proof, on 19 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Something to think about for those that voted opt-in: If it's opt-in, nobody will display it unless it's tier 1 or 2...in which case players will realize that you're probably mid-low tier.

So, you not really "hiding" your tier level anyway. B)

I'd display it at all times, proudly, regardless of Tier. I do think people should have the option to not show their ranking if they please. Besides, if Tiers are to be grouped together as population allows, there should be no shame since everyone else in the match should be +- one rank from you.

Edited by t Khrist, 19 August 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#22 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

I would see a Seperate Rating that's Public when ever Solaris VII is a Thing. But now I'm Passive. Can go ether way.

#23 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

I'll throw my vote in with Option 3 - I want to see MINE but don't really want them public...

It's like that certain "tank" game a lot of us play/played (haven't touched it in months or more here now)... stats are public... can't count the times I'd out perform someone with better "stats" than mine in a battle, then after get trashed talked/stalked how that players are so much better than man blah blah blah...

Let people talk, let them speculate... if you want to screen cap your Stats and share, be my guest... but private is my vote...

And yes, I love watching my stats personally...

#24 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

Imagine a big sign around your neck that read LOSER and then losing to a bunch of losers.

#25 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

I would say 1 just becouse people should be aware if the reason they lost was due to poor matchmaking

#26 King Curt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts

I think it's a bad idea in regarding naming and shaming. These public numbers will inevitably be used as a cudgel against someone by the more exclusive. I can see it having a not-so-positive influence on this community.

#27 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Regardless, if the tiers aren't straight quantiles (and I dearly hope they aren't) of the population, give us counts of how many pilots are in each tier.

#28 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Voted full disclosure right now. It would be a good way to know what rank has what problem etc. Maybe we would have less "im tired of X" with "X never happen wth u talkin bout"

Might also prevent a single rank from pushing something unto others with lots of repetitive threads making people believe their views are generalized.

2 weeks is a long time to wait.

Edited by DAYLEET, 19 August 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#29 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Lets play gang up on the winner....there's Phil lets go get him

Edited by Old Mechdonald, 19 August 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#30 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Lots of games have ranking systems. It's a good thing to display your skill level or tier so long as everyone understands how the ratings are achieved and have something to work toward and can learn how to improve themselves as a pilot and increase their ranking. We can display our CW LP ranks in game we should also be able to display our tier rank in game as well.

You either have the skills, are willing to learn the skills, or just like to talk too much about your own magnificence on the battlefield.

#31 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

Full disclosure. I'm tired of people trying to tell me off with their crappy strats. I can just say this is why im in t1 and you're not. (will lol if im t2)

#32 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

I really just want to be able to see my own, but I'm not opposed to an Opt-in public list. I won't hide mine, but I don't really care to show it off. I just want to know what it is.

#33 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ier-visibility/

instead 3 options I got 4.

Edited by Titannium, 19 August 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#34 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

Full disclosure. Maybe some will realize the need for some personal growth (me included).

#35 Kanya Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

Who wouldn't want to know their own Tier?

Information is Ammunition. These ranks should be available on the forums for everyone... I think the only debate may be whether they should show in game at the beginning of a match. It would be helpful to at least some extent to know who on your team needs help and who on the other team should be eliminated first. It may also help establish credibility for those pugs who want to lead a team on coms if they are Tier 1 or 2.

#36 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostViges, on 19 August 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

And you are wrong. There are a lot of people that are not tryhards and ok to be 4-5 tier, and also people that don't think that they should show off their tier 1. So no, you won't be able to 'realize' what tier player is if it's hidden. And you can take a guess about it even now anyway.

I realize that. I myself don't care if people know I'm low tier...I'm just saying that most people will assume you are low to mid tier if you don't display it.

Which is something to consider if you are afraid of people knowing what your tier is and you think opting out will "protect" you from the scrutiny of these types of players.

#37 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

Opt-In!...

I'm sure, it will be helpfull, when my teammates can see clearly, that I am T4/T5.. They won't think: "This guy can make it.." Just wait silent, till at last I die..

Edited by Sky Hawk, 19 August 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#38 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

I would bet it is mostly people thinking they are in T1 or T2 that want to see everyone's Tier. I personally don't care if mine is bad and ppl talk trash to me, but some people do. I will never back something that is only likely to lead to more bullying of people. I vote opt in, if people want to show it cool, if not don't force them. It is hard for some to understand, but some people actually just play the ******* game for fun.

#39 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

A lot of games have league displayed. but that stuff is seasonal, whereas this seems to be a permanent number attached to your account

#40 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

Opt-in is fine. If someone talks big but refuses to voluntarily show his tier then he shows his real character...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users