113 replies to this topic

#101 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

First things first:
If I would have known the "Loyalist Atlas Head" that had the red-eye in it was a test I would have voted straight away for the team to add more these & to different mechs!
- I thought it was just a custom skin *on the whole Atlas*, but if the heads are changeable... This changes the whole field.

Say, something with "Banshee having battle damage/red glowing eye and its teeth 'punctured'", making it look like a half-metallic walking dead, would more than make my day.
- I mean this is a great idea and I would sure as hell pay some MC for this kind of "customizable mech skinjobs". It's technically what "the other mech game that had Health Points" in it did, and in my opinion it would float as an idea.

I would even go as far as "not including these in the mech mastery packs", but... Geez... This could make the outlook of various mechs significantly more personal/different in a way that would be at least more enthusing to me(and a lot of other people I believe as well; even more than the Cockpit Items right now).
- So I apologize I didn't get it the first round when the "Loyalist Atlas' head was released". If I only would have known I would have raged more about it that "I want this in the game". For truth be told... Say... having a similar cockpit head in the Jägermech as was in the Mech Commander series would give me the feel of a "Retro Mech" that I'd love to have.

These could be even just small adjustments here and there, but believe you me; this is what would make each a lot more "personal" on the field.
- "I wants me 'master to have a cupola/longer cockpit/head!"

Edited by Hellzero, 21 August 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#102 Schnitzel Bob

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostSereglach, on 19 August 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

Yeah, I would have loved to get more lore based items. The annoying part is that the suggestion for the Kerensky hologram was using that as an example to ask for holographic cockpit items of ALL the faction leaders (everything from Archon Steiner and First Prince Davion to dear Coordinator Kurita and the zealot Blake or the ComStar Primus).

Agreed, except the big problem is that there WERE serious suggestions made. However, it seems like they didn't decide upon any to look at until the last 5 minutes or something. They should have ignored all the stupid stuff and only pulled the many good suggestions out there. I seriously thought the hanging pistol in its holster was going to be a winner.

On the other hand, the letter from a loved one with a lipstick kiss not serious?!? I've been to war, and apparently those people don't understand how precious something like that is to the soldier. I'd imagine it'd be just as precious to a MechWarrior who's been sent half-a-galaxy away as either a house soldier or as a merc on a contract.

Again, the big problem here is that there were plenty of truly serious suggestions in the competition thread. However, they decided to pretty much ignore them.

I don't mind some of the silly stuff, and they can be fun once in a while. However I really do want more lore based items, and more serious items. They had lots of great suggestions, and they failed to choose them . . . or even really talk about them.

Instead I personally think they proved to be just as childish and pathetic as the trolls who intentionally bombarded that competition thread with stupid ideas that didn't even remotely qualify. I was thoroughly disappointed and quite pissed off.

I was the one who made the suggestion about the IS leader holograms. Glad someone else noticed it :) . It was kinda frustrating.

But anyways, CONGRATS to all the winners.

#103 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:03 AM

A serious thing a bout cockpit items would be, make a few achievement gained cockpit items.
Free.

Real CW-map hologram
Command orders, official-seal etc.
Family-item was oke.
Battlefield-commander COMM-set if you take command in CW of pugs.

#104 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 21 August 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

Oh well these advances are rather minimal...

I'm pretty burnt out on MWO right now. There is just nothing to do but more grind. CW does nothing add, new mechs? Is this pokemon? No thanks. New MM makes matches unfun... Not happy atm.

MWO always was a grind. It's about playing with mechs shooting mechs, of course CW burns out if you play the same builds over and over, and do the same stuff over and over. The way to play MWO is finding the mehc you love with the gunsetup you love and playing this no matter what the meta wants.

#105 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

I guess all the serious, lore-based cockpit item suggestions were considered to be in jest?

#106 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

If you are making pictures of ladies do not forget men. No need to alienate a portion of the player base.

#107 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 21 August 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Also feminists want to be against this "stay at home" mentality. Shouldn't that also be every womans own choice?

I absolutely agree with your question.
I do not think that all feminists are against "stay at home" (even if some think so, there are enough counter-examples), but against "stay at home, because you are the woman and the society and/or your husband expects this of you".

But I think we are getting too much off-topic here, this is no longer about cockpit items or the vlog.

#108 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

Went on twitter a while ago to suggest this:
Spoiler

Posted Image

Ok... where is my free set of clocks ?

Edited by Navid A1, 21 August 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#109 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Skull and crossbones Tallies on the edges of the cockpit glass , kill callouts or notches IIII.

Futuristic Boom Box That flashes and plays music like a warhorn when you Kill a mech.

A set of Cowboy spurs that Klang and Clank together when the mech walks making the old spur noises.

A rattlesnake"s Rattle Warhorn.

An alien animal skull trophy. say's in a strong rustic voice," KILLED it with My Bare Hands I did!" when you mouse over it.

An ashtray with a BIG FAT Slobbery Half Burnt down Cigar smoldering leaves a smokey haze graphic in the cockpit.

Open Bottle of Hooch! Rot Gut! and the whisky moves around in the bottle when the mech moves.

I MP style music device that hangs and plays The Origional Terminator or Conan the Barbarian theme song's the whole time and can be toggled on or off! BOM bom BU BOM Ba Ba Ba Ba BU ba BOM!!

And Finally A Big Ol' Bag Oh! BEEF JERKY! If you are in a armored unit today and bring a Bag of Beef jerky onto the tank you are a God if you share it at least until the bag runs out.

What do I win!

Edited by SaltBeef, 23 August 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#110 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

View PostGumon Choji, on 21 August 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

If you are making pictures of ladies do not forget men. No need to alienate a portion of the player base.

What! The Kerensky Hologram not GOOD ENOUGH for you EH!

#111 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostIgor Kozyrev, on 19 August 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Great! But there's one thing you're wrong about. Actually, we DO want all those cool stuff you're talking about (like avalanche) to impact the gameplay. Slow down mech when hitting trees, reduce damage when shooting throung trees, take damage from avalanche, hide under large volumes of water, slow down a bit when under water, etc, etc. Make us happy, add this stuff please.

YES!!!
My DWF kan be destroyed by MGs, but have no problems wading trough lava? Environmental hazzards are welcome, but I dont need that one huge BF event changing the map. I need the random small stuff that just might happen. Burning lava streams, random avalanches on a smaller scale, but at more places...

#112 Sp4rtan

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:21 PM

admit it ! The real winner is the Toilet Papper . . . . . . . and we all know that if you ran out of toilet papper then it's getting serious......

#113 Vrel

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

Another idea would be a figurine of the Celtic Morrigan, the goddess of war.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users