Custom Geometry Poll (Update: Response From Pgi)

172 replies to this topic

#121 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:20 AM

Those aren't just eagles those are eagles with sunglasses dude!

#122 Goatboss81

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

I would love to see this in the game ! and Decals .

#123 Clayrock

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

I would potentially be interested in custom geometry, though it is unlikely I would buy a new mech chassis just because of a particular custom piece. For example - I would not start the Atlas chassis, even if it got 10 new head options. But I would support the 10 head options, because I do think it would make a lot of other pilots happy.

And of course, as a die-hard Steiner pilot, no possible custom anything would entice me to buy a Clan mech.

I would be interested in cockpit glass colors. And shoulder pad options for my TDRs and WVRs.

Tinted lenses for lasers might allow for a little pop of color.

I would definitely be interested in WWII-style nose art, though that might fall in the "decal" category. And not all nose art was Rated "R"; tasteful examples could be found to base a few options off of.

And last but not least - I would be buying more colors and camouflages if I could choose "for X map, use Y scheme".

-Clayrock

#124 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

How about something like this?

Posted Image

Other thread is located here

#125 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

I just want the rounded legs for my Warhawks and Mad Dogs. I really like the look of them, and would pay to have them- just not the $240 asking price.

#126 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

The more actual microtransactions there are, the better. They need more stuff to get people to spend a couple bucks on here and there rather than rely entirely on big $90 - $120 packages.

#127 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

View Postilikerice, on 22 August 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

If I could make my UAC's shooting out of an Eagle's mouth wearing aviators................that would be some custom geometry I would be willing to pay for.

Untold amounts of money would be given.

Posted Image

Heh that looks like a mad dog

#128 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:14 AM

Will admit, haven't tracked the entire thread...but there's a couple of extra incentives I don't know if people have considered yet.

1.) A custom geo system would entail the ability to swap geo out, which in turn would need the ability to turn geo on and off. If such a system was added to the game, it would provide players who, as an example, hate the Cauldron-Born's Invasion geo to turn it off and run their Prime (I) as a stock-geo machine with a C-bill bonus, if they liked.

2.) I can't think of a better way to get things like the Yen-Lo-Wang's original gun arm, or the CPLT-K2's mega-PPCs, or other bits of art lost to Standardized Weapon Geo, back in the game. Most of those pieces are already rigged for the existing camouflages. It might be tricky getting Piranha to accept that their standardized weapon geo is just going to have to be forced off on those designs...but if you have the ability to swap geo in and out at will, you're about 300% closer to getting some of those beloved old sculpts back.

Anyways. As for what I'd pay for? Heh...well, depending on price, of course, I'd enjoy custom cockpits for certain 'Mechs, though not all 'Mechs are really rigged for custom cockpits. Shields for Cents/Executioners/Black Knights and such. Most of the suggestions here could be fun, really. One thing that comes to mind for me is custom hand geo, actually - does your BattleMech have hand actuators? Add a 'thumbs up' geo, just for kicks.

Then you can get the glowing-eyeskull head geo for your Atlas, the thumbs-up hand geo, drop on Mordor, jump into the lava pit and play out the end of Terminator!

GO AHEAD. I DARE YOU TO TELL ME B33F WON'T MAKE A SHORT CLIP DOING JUST THAT.

Edited by 1453 R, 24 August 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#129 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

I would love a camo net or ghillie for my mechs. Let me blend into the walls of Viridian Bog.

Also custom geo in general is great. I love the -AH look (just wish I could apply it to my YLW)

Also my resistance mechs need luggage for their luggage racks

#130 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

just announce it already...(decals too plsssss)

#131 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostFireBlood, on 22 August 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

How about something like this?

Posted Image

Other thread is located here

I think similar items would be popular. Those are not my style but right direction I think.

#132 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostFate 6, on 24 August 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

I would love a camo net or ghillie for my mechs. Let me blend into the walls of Viridian Bog.

Also custom geo in general is great. I love the -AH look (just wish I could apply it to my YLW)

Also my resistance mechs need luggage for their luggage racks

Camo net could be a consumable which is colored and patterned depending on the map. Find a spot to hide, pop camo net and you get ECM cover limited to your 'Mech in addition to being covered by an actual camo net tailored to the map as long as you don't shoot. Move (except arms), shoot, or take damage and the camo net is spent and your 'Mech walks around with the tattered remains of the camo net until it is shot or flamed off.

Be kind of cool moving through Forest Colony and passing a bush like mound against a cliff only to realize that isn't normally there after you pass it. Then the mound becomes a Dire Wolf covered in netting and all guns blazing.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 24 August 2015 - 09:41 AM.

#133 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

Since we're talking about more than just custom geo, how about customizable mech bays?

#134 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

I want side pipes for my locust and Jenner.

They shoot flames when you engage masc.

PS

Put MASC on locust. We already have the hot rod skin. lets go all the way!.

Oh and a drag shoot. For when you need to slow down. maybe.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 24 August 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#135 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

Whatever you do, no "silly" sh-t. If you try and put a santa hat on my Atlas, I'm out.

#136 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

To be honest... I'm not sure if I'd rather have the art team work on mech customized visuals or more maps.

Bit of a toss up.. but BOTH are certainly needed.

#137 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostRoboPatton, on 24 August 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Whatever you do, no "silly" sh-t. If you try and put a santa hat on my Atlas, I'm out.

Oh, for sure. The only silly thing I would accept would be some samurai-inspired geometry for the Kurita mechs. I mean, it's kind of silly that they actually have robots with samurai helmets and banners, but... well, Battletech was never a 100% realistic believable universe anyway. I'm not suggesting that all humanoid mechs should have samurai helmets, of course. But if they gave us samurai helmets for the Victor as a surrogate for the Hatamoto Chi, which we're probably never getting in MWO, I'd be ok with that.

#138 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

Ooooohhh I just thought of one. I want a laurel wreath for my mech's head and then special hands that start as thumbs to the side, and then turn to thumbs down right before I fire

Posted Image

Edited by Rizzelbizzeg, 25 August 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#139 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

Mech art is the one really good thing about this game that I can point to and say honestly that PGI did really well. this would be an excellent way to earn some more money.

Interesting..... i think the MWO forums has actually come to a general consensus and over agreement.

Edited by Tombstoner, 25 August 2015 - 11:15 AM.

#140 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

Ohh yaaaaaa

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users