73 replies to this topic

#41 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

Target info is no slot, no weight. Take both if you can for missiles.

#42 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:19 AM

Does it stack with BAP? I did not know. I'm saving up for Radar Deprivation, I think it's a fairly important module. I have Target Decay 1, and it's awesome for LRMs and SSRMs.

#43 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostChados, on 29 August 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

IW-

How do you feel about BAP as opposed to Target Info Gathering? I know there is a weight/crit penalty for the BAP but it's ECM-debuff abilities make it a must-carry bit of kit on my missile Catapults.

As Kjudoon said, TIG is a module, it takes no slots on the mech itself (takes a mech module slot though), and will set you back 5,000 GXP, and several million C-Bills). While BAP is a component you put on the mech itself.

TIG + BAP means you get almost instant information on whatever you lock on.

Btw, you an add a command console for even faster info gathering, and the three bonuses stack.

Also, BAP is mandatory for LRM and streak mechs, while TIG isn't. So if you are conserving costs, BAP is a must have for your mechs.

Oh, how's the Jester working out for you? Still a problem child?

View PostChados, on 29 August 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Does it stack with BAP? I did not know. I'm saving up for Radar Deprivation, I think it's a fairly important module. I have Target Decay 1, and it's awesome for LRMs and SSRMs.

Yes it stacks with BAP.

Radar Dep, and Seismic are among the first modules that anyone should get. So save up for those. TIG is very useful on brawlers, and snipers.

#44 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:17 PM

I'm going to echo Night Thastus here. The Warhawk is fun, pretty manueverable, and has a really heavy weapons load.

What's more, is that with the chassis you can do any kind of specialized role - sniper, laser vomit, SRM brawler, LRM boat, whatever. It's a super versatile chassis.

#45 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:03 AM

An other module that stacks with Beagle Probe is Advanced Sensor Range.
Beagle increses your sensor range by 25% and ASR as well....so 50% more sensor range.
Normaly you would be disrupted by an enemy ECM within 180m but you are able to "see" the ECM Mech while unable to relay target information. With Beagle you are able to detect ECM Mechs up to 200m and counter one ecm within 180m.
With ASR your ability to detect ECM Mechs is increased even further.

#46 Chados

• 1,948 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, my Jester is still a problem child and my K2 is still cursed. But I love them both and I'm keeping them as long as MWO is around and I have an account. I haven't spent the Cbills on an assault chassis yet because I only have just enough for a Battlemaster right now and I still have plenty to learn. We're upgrading my computer, I have a new HP laptop coming. MWO is the first game that's really sucked me in, in a long time and my husband is thrilled about it :) . We'll see if I get better when my hardware gets a little better.

#47 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

So how are you doing so far?

Edit: Ah! Things should start getting better soon!

Edited by Sarlic, 30 August 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#48 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

had a guy today.. in a atlas... he had some med lasers. ac 20. 4 lrm5 with artemis. *try it, fire them in chainfire, its good!* he said.... ye well.. its not... really... not...

dont listen to such things. ever. really. its. not. good. if you want nice atlas loadouts go to sarlic.
or me. just laugh at such loadouts as i wrote first, smack the dude who drives it for beeing terrible and having no clue about a assault.

#49 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostAlienized, on 30 August 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

had a guy today.. in a atlas... he had some med lasers. ac 20. 4 lrm5 with artemis. *try it, fire them in chainfire, its good!* he said.... ye well.. its not... really... not...

dont listen to such things. ever. really. its. not. good. if you want nice atlas loadouts go to sarlic.
or me. just laugh at such loadouts as i wrote first, smack the dude who drives it for beeing terrible and having no clue about a assault.

That build is actually pretty good in pug drops,troll the enemy to check you out with the LRM:s ,then pop their face full of ac20 + laserbarf.And if the enemy does not have ams,it is actually pretty effective suppression weapon to use when you lumber into ac20/laser range. i use 2 large lasers 2 medium lasers and ac20 in mine though,and its pretty slow,since its not elited.

#50 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 30 August 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

That build is actually pretty good in pug drops,troll the enemy to check you out with the LRM:s ,then pop their face full of ac20 + laserbarf.And if the enemy does not have ams,it is actually pretty effective suppression weapon to use when you lumber into ac20/laser range. i use 2 large lasers 2 medium lasers and ac20 in mine though,and its pretty slow,since its not elited.

it sucks. as soon as the meds and heavies have to do a atlas' job then it sucks and nothing else.
the times 4 lrm5 in chainfire work is so small and wasted potential that you could just walk up the next best enemy instead with 4 srm's instead and blast his face away together with the ac 20. rather put a damn ppc or er ppc instead than lrms as ranged weapon.

#51 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

Well, just speaking generally here as I only own atlases, if you buy an assault you will enjoy some of the most frustrating games, and some of the most exciting matches.
You will be much more dependant on your team than when playing your catapult. So for this reason, communicate!
I have had my favorite games in my Atlas D-DC.

#52 Light-Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Going to repeat what many others have said.

If you know how to use it properly, a Warhawk with UAC5s and SRMs is deadly. It is almost a jack of all trades but is just very good at many. The UAC5s give you some reach (though you shouldn't expose yourself from fire at range for long), the SRMs wreck face, the elited 71.3 kph is more than you need, it has a relatively high amount of armor, and a very fast torso twisting speed to go with the armor. The only thing it is missing is JJs.

Of course, a Cheetah can still facehug you multiple times and make it off with yellow-orange armor, but hey, you can't have everything right?

#53 Chados

• 1,948 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Today I bought the Victor Mastery pack. What I really wanted was another heavy mech...but one that has more armor. That's why I'd been looking at Quickdraws. Basically, I wanted a tough heavy 'mech that runs in the assault queue, one that I can drop in an IS drop deck if my unit wants to run a CW match, but that has jets and plays like a Catapult Jester with a little more stuff, but not as much as a Stalker. The Victor at 80 tons really isn't a classic assault 'mech, it's more of a 70 or 75 ton heavy in spirit and plays like one. I ran the Victor champion trial mech so many times in PUG solo queue before I went ahead and bought the mastery pack that I almost had enough MXP to basic it out when I bought the pack :). I've barely changed that build, I like it a lot.

I like the Victor's speed and agility, and I really like the AC20 slot on two of the three I have. The hero mech is more of a challenge but I basiced it out today running a u/AC5, 2xLPL, and one ASRM6. Now...the 9B. It'll take some thought because it needs a rebuild.

#54 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

-_-

seriously, you like challenges

victor is one of the hardest to play assaults... gman on metamechs actually counts it relatively high, mid tier 3 on his http://metamechs.com...meta-tier-list/ but it's very hard to play regardless

for 80 ton assaults zeuses and gargoyles would be better...

#55 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

Chados, here is the setup I have for my Victor 9B

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c6f70ddeacae936

#56 Chados

• 1,948 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

You're right, I've never gone for the easy button. Urbans, Catapults, and now Victors.

Maybe the Marauder will break the mold....

Thanks for the build suggestion-I like that very much.

Edited by Chados, 14 September 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#57 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

if you check the link in my previous post it has some build suggestions for every victor model (actually for every mech in the game), recent ones, his victor guide is kind of old and that list is fresh

#58 Chados

• 1,948 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

I saw it, I just didn't catch who posted it. I appreciate the link; the DS is tough to get. I like the 9SC very much; with the DS, you can't just shoehorn in an AC20 and call it "done," tho :)

Had a lot of luck with a u/AC5 for the longer mid range, and adding in 2xLPL for mid range, with ASRM6 for when things get in close. But that AC10 + PPC build...intriguing.

Edited by Chados, 14 September 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#59 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:16 AM

Well, you already did your purchase. I was thinking about getting a hero mech or two during this sales weekend but after spending some time on the test server i won't buy any mechs for real money until PGI is done with the mech re-balance.
Victors have been my favorite mechs before clans and quirks. Maybe they will see some new glory after the new quirk system is finalized.

#60 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostJalthibuster, on 14 September 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Well, you already did your purchase. I was thinking about getting a hero mech or two during this sales weekend but after spending some time on the test server i won't buy any mechs for real money until PGI is done with the mech re-balance.
Victors have been my favorite mechs before clans and quirks. Maybe they will see some new glory after the new quirk system is finalized.

I think the chassis which were strong before quirks will remain strong. Most of all, pilot something you like running. Most pilots do better in a build they are confident and comfortable in. I'm holding off on a new chassis as well, but I still have a few variants to master.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users