Cw Doesn't Use Psr But Will Affect Your Psr Rating.

69 replies to this topic

#41 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

You may or may not be, so that wasn't directed at you necessarily.

Regardless, did I tell you how much I love 5 minute matches against groups of 8 guys that play this game like it's a full time job, after waiting 10+ minutes for a game? About as much as I love overheating myself to death just to get the hell on with another game

I'm looking forward to the Steam release, for the influx of new players (hopefully, but who knows, lol) is gonna mix the queues up a bunch. Granted I can't see many of them staying that long.

But yea, catering to esports wannabes and ignoring your weekend warriors (who in all reality spend the $$$ here) is gonna boost this game to the top. Right into the hole of that sh*t donut

Edited by cSand, 24 August 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#42 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostcSand, on 24 August 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

You may or may not be, so that wasn't directed at you necessarily.
Oh I know, but I wanted it on the record.

It's just a silly term to try and use as an insult...

Regardless, did I tell you how much I love 5 minute matches against groups of 8 guys that play this game like it's a full time job, after waiting 10+ minutes for a game? About as much as I love overheating myself to death just to get the hell on with another game
Well, there are people that LOVE this game and will play it with passion. I know I do. Then there are others that are too intent on winning and have incorporated third party applications to allow them non-standard abilities (in other words, Hey PGI, next round of bannings please!).

As far as waiting 10 minutes... Really? I thought the maximum time to search for a match was 5 minutes. Has that changed? I can't recall ever measuring a time waiting for a match to exceed 5 minutes. If we're talking CW, that's a whole other banana and yeah it sucks getting stomped, but fortunately I can't recall any CW match being lost in less than 10 minutes... so... PLUS, for CW queue, PSR has no affect on who you're matched against.

I'm looking forward to the Steam release, for the influx of new players (hopefully, but who knows, lol) is gonna mix the queues up a bunch. Granted I can't see many of them staying that long.

But yea, catering to esports wannabes and ignoring your weekend warriors (who in all reality spend the $$$ here) is gonna boost this game to the top. Right into the hole of that sh*t donut
I too am eager to see the affect Steam has on this game. Steam has A LOT of various FPS, and even 'mech battle games already present, so for any players new to MWO, it'd be interesting to get their perspectives on the game...

#43 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Oh I know, but I wanted it on the record.

It's just a silly term to try and use as an insult...

Well, there are people that LOVE this game and will play it with passion. I know I do. Then there are others that are too intent on winning and have incorporated third party applications to allow them non-standard abilities (in other words, Hey PGI, next round of bannings please!).

As far as waiting 10 minutes... Really? I thought the maximum time to search for a match was 5 minutes. Has that changed? I can't recall ever measuring a time waiting for a match to exceed 5 minutes. If we're talking CW, that's a whole other banana and yeah it sucks getting stomped, but fortunately I can't recall any CW match being lost in less than 10 minutes... so... PLUS, for CW queue, PSR has no affect on who you're matched against.

Agreed with the first statement.

As for the second, yes, 10 minutes. I was watching this video of this band playing Megaman 2 songs (was awesome btw, lol) while a guy played it on a nintendo. He got through 3 levels before I found a match!!! (approximately 10 minutes). And this happens a lot. Granted it's on slower nights (weekedays, Sunday nights) later at night but I never used to have this issue before the new MM. Unless there are jstu way less people playing these days or something

Edited by cSand, 24 August 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#44 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostcSand, on 24 August 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

As for the second, yes, 10 minutes. I was watching this video of this band playing Megaman 2 songs (was awesome btw, lol) while a guy played it on a nintendo. He got through 3 levels before I found a match!!! (approximately 10 minutes). And this happens a lot. Granted it's on slower nights (weekedays, Sunday nights) later at night but I never used to have this issue before the new MM. Unless there are jstu way less people playing these days or something
My only guess for your experience is that you're Tier 1 and the amount of available opponents and team mates to match you with are more restricted.

Just sit back and enjoy your elite-ness, maybe?

#45 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

My only guess for your experience is that you're Tier 1 and the amount of available opponents and team mates to match you with are more restricted.

I guess so!

Obviously the sh*t donut comment was more for dramatic effect but.. sometimes after a bunch of steamroll losses you're just like "how long do I have to put up with this?"
I mean, is 1 good match in there too much to ask?

Oh well, fist bump for our eliteness (while mine lasts anyways...) :lol: I have no business being up there if that's the case, caues I'm no where near as good as those guys. It's madness I tell you. At the same time though, like I said before, the solo queue is great fun. Great players and great matches!

Edited by cSand, 24 August 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#46 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostcSand, on 24 August 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Obviously the sh*t donut comment was more for dramatic effect but.. sometimes after a bunch of steamroll losses you're just like "how long do I have to put up with this?"
Brother I feel your pain.

But, since PSR was introduced, I admit I have had LESS pain than before!

Oh well, fist bump for our eliteness (while mine lasts anyways...) :lol: I have no business being up there if that's the case, caues I'm no where near as good as those guys. It's madness I tell you. At the same time though, like I said before, the solo queue is great fun. Great players and great matches!
LOL! Fist bump indeed, though I guess since I've not had a 10 minute wait, at best I am only Tier 2, and have more potential 'play mates' than you.

IF TRULY you are in the wrong tier, EVENTUALLY (and maybe unfortunately) your score will knock you down to the rest our levels. ;)

#47 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

IF TRULY you are in the wrong tier, EVENTUALLY (and maybe unfortunately) your score will knock you down to the rest our levels. ;)

Well get in there and start kickin me around will you!? :P

#48 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostcSand, on 24 August 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Well get in there and start kickin me around will you!? :P
Heh! See you on the battlefield then!

#49 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

Meh, while Reddit content is entertaining, to paraphrase Obi Won Kanobi - 'You'll never find a more wretched hive of villainy and trolling...'

I thought that was here

View PostcSand, on 24 August 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

I can not tank my score fast enough. It is a sh*t donut up there, with a creamy tryhard filling.

In the group queue, anyways. In the solo queue it is pretty damn good times. My problem is I like to play with 1-2 friends.

I seriously think group of 2 should be allowed in the solo queue, and I used to be totally against that

me too. Exact same issue. Sad when if you want good games in a team game you have to drop solo

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

No because T1 gets matched 2 tiers below them and both of those SHOULD have more players than T1

View PostcSand, on 24 August 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

I guess so!

Hence the thread I made asking how many games you have to lose to get to your tier when I was on a 3 hour losing streak

#50 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 24 August 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

I thought that was here
No, you have to take that quote literally, there are others, but Reddit is THE worst!

;)

No because T1 gets matched 2 tiers below them and both of those SHOULD have more players than T1
That's my point actually. Because he's possibly Tier 1, the MM is going to have a harder time, and take much longer than normal to place him in an appropriately skilled match.

Hence the thread I made asking how many games you have to lose to get to your tier when I was on a 3 hour losing streak
Only 3 hours?!?! Seriously, dude, how long have you been playing this game? If 3 hours is even 1% of your total time in game, I and quite a few of the rest of us, have every right to call you 'noob' in comparison.

But in all seriousness, it's not just losing that will knock you down, it's losing with a really bad score. PROBABLY you're losing but coming away with average/good scores. If you lose with a pretty good/great score, chances are you're still increasing your PSR, too...

#51 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Only 3 hours?!?!

Ive never lost consistently for that long in this game before ever. And its pretty easy to see how long Ive been here (click on the name) then add the time from the profile buddahcjcc - cause I didnt want that name and went with this one instead

#52 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 24 August 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Ive never lost consistently for that long in this game before ever. And its pretty easy to see how long Ive been here (click on the name) then add the time from the profile buddahcjcc - cause I didnt want that name and went with this one instead
Well we're back to the point of your being matched with/against more players closer to your skill level...

#53 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

Well we're back to the point of your being matched with/against more players closer to your skill level...

Apparently not or I wouldnt have lost for hours straight... Even elo made it 50/50

#54 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 24 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Apparently not or I wouldnt have lost for hours straight... Even elo made it 50/50
This is one of those 'YMMV' things then.

Elo for me was a lose for hours straight while the MM apparently used me to raise the average elo of the 11 other bad players into something that didn't look so hideously out of whack.

I am abso-*******-lutely tired of getting the highest score of the entire match but STILL ending up on the losing side because I had 11 other people incapable of playing with some level of intelligence. In the world of elo, because we still lost the match, even though I did nothing but kick ass and take names, I still drop in rank.

In the world of PSR and can take solace in the fact that, at least with my really great scores on the losing side, I'll be INCREASING my PSR rank, not losing it.

That's the primary difference here: With PSR you can lose, but still INCREASE your PSR rank with an appropriately good score. The only way to continue a downward trend is to lose, and get a crappy score. The later is NOT a scenario 'skilled' players should fear.

#55 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

This is one of those 'YMMV' things then.

Elo for me was a lose for hours straight while the MM apparently used me to raise the average elo of the 11 other bad players into something that didn't look so hideously out of whack.

I am abso-*******-lutely tired of getting the highest score of the entire match but STILL ending up on the losing side because I had 11 other people incapable of playing with some level of intelligence. In the world of elo, because we still lost the match, even though I did nothing but kick ass and take names, I still drop in rank.

In the world of PSR and can take solace in the fact that, at least with my really great scores on the losing side, I'll be INCREASING my PSR rank, not losing it.

That's the primary difference here: With PSR you can lose, but still INCREASE your PSR rank with an appropriately good score. The only way to continue a downward trend is to lose, and get a crappy score. The later is NOT a scenario 'skilled' players should fear.

I want a system where when I lose, I drop in rank so I can get to a tier where Im matched against ppl of my own skill rank instead of being ranked against much better players because I apparently artificially inflate my match score by using LRMs and UAV

#56 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

This atrocity shall not stand!

To twitter everyone, we must tell Paul and Russ this is a bad idea.

CW doesn't use match making therefore it shouldn't effect match making. If I drop 100 clan war games and only win 20 of them because pugs vs premade I get screwed out of my solo queue tier?

BULL@#$%

#57 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 24 August 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

I want a system where when I lose, I drop in rank so I can get to a tier where Im matched against ppl of my own skill rank instead of being ranked against much better players because I apparently artificially inflate my match score by using LRMs and UAV

if you asked support maybe they could reset it and square you away at t4?
Not trying to be insulting here

#58 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostXetelian, on 24 August 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

This atrocity shall not stand!

To twitter everyone, we must tell Paul and Russ this is a bad idea.

CW doesn't use match making therefore it shouldn't effect match making. If I drop 100 clan war games and only win 20 of them because pugs vs premade I get screwed out of my solo queue tier?

BULL@#$%

Well aside from the colorfulness... this is the long and short of it.

How can you possibly reason it makes any sense to have the MM score effected by a gamemode that just has completely random opposition selection. It's rediculous, brough to you by the same people responsible for lack of heat effects, pinpoint lazervomit, ECM, and "Soon™"

#59 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 24 August 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Again, you may be declining in score, just not as quickly as you'd like.

Sorry, that's the nature of this beast. The more games you've played, the more it takes to move up or down the rankings.

#60 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 24 August 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well aside from the colorfulness... this is the long and short of it.

How can you possibly reason it makes any sense to have the MM score effected by a gamemode that just has completely random opposition selection. It's rediculous, brough to you by the same people responsible for lack of heat effects, pinpoint lazervomit, ECM, and "SoonTM"
Because how they are scoring you is mostly reliant on your own skills, and not necessarily on the 11 other people on your team, or the 12 people against you.

AND that the fact this scoring methodology applies to everyone, equally, meaning the lack of a PSR MM in CW affects EVERYONE playing CW EQUALLY.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users