Cw Doesn't Use Psr But Will Affect Your Psr Rating.

69 replies to this topic

#61 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Again, you may be declining in score, just not as quickly as you'd like.

Sorry, that's the nature of this beast. The more games you've played, the more it takes to move up or down the rankings.

Wonder how many ppl arent willing to wait that long and are less lenient than I am

#62 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 24 August 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Wonder how many ppl arent willing to wait that long and are less lenient than I am
Someone suggested contacting support and asking for a personal PSR reset, there's always that I suppose.

Me, I'm happy to continue letting my scores move me where I rank.

#63 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Because how they are scoring you is mostly reliant on your own skills, and not necessarily on the 11 other people on your team, or the 12 people against you.

AND that the fact this scoring methodology applies to everyone, equally, meaning the lack of a PSR MM in CW affects EVERYONE playing CW EQUALLY.

But you can join Cw as a solo puger and be set up against a top tier group. Which will most likely result in a very low score and loss, hence drop in PSR and it has nothing to do with how goo you are or are not because PSR wasn't used in creating that overly one sided match.

It's an utterly stupid concept to have a competitive ranking affected by a gamemode that in no way tries making competitive matchups.

It's like sports champoinships instead of being based off the top teams facing off it you have the top team face the worst team to decide who the best team of the season is.

It's flat stupid.

#64 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 24 August 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

But you can join Cw as a solo puger and be set up against a top tier group. Which will most likely result in a very low score and loss, hence drop in PSR and it has nothing to do with how goo you are or are not because PSR wasn't used in creating that overly one sided match.
I play as a lone pug filling in groups in CW often, and very often I've gone against top tier 12 mans, I have NEVER, EVER scored under 400 points at the end of a match.

Considering how rarely that occurred too, I'm not worried that it had a significant affect on my PSR rating.

It's an utterly stupid concept to have a competitive ranking affected by a gamemode that in no way tries making competitive matchups.
It's intended to create competitive matches by ensuring top tier players aren't being matched against bottom tier and noobs. Even with the worst CW scoring, it would be difficult for a Tier 1 to stay in a low queue for long beating up on noobs and low skill players.

Yeah it might possibly happen occasionally, it doesn't invalidate using it though.

"Unless it's perfect, **** it, don't do nuffin'" In that case, let's turn off the MWO servers, ain't nothin' been perfect for a long ass time.

It's like sports champoinships instead of being based off the top teams facing off it you have the top team face the worst team to decide who the best team of the season is.

It's flat stupid.
It's like racing, where every scorable race run affects your ranking. It doesn't matter what the other 30 to 50 cars on the track did, it's based solely on what you did.

#65 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

But in all seriousness, it's not just losing that will knock you down, it's losing with a really bad score. PROBABLY you're losing but coming away with average/good scores. If you lose with a pretty good/great score, chances are you're still increasing your PSR, too...
  • If a players' team loses, but the player does exceptionally well (achieving a very high Match Score), the player will go up slightly in skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player performed well (achieving a high Match Score), the player will not move in skill rating.
You'll only go up slightly with a loss and excellent match score. Otherwise if you do good then you'll just hover there

Edited by KharnZor, 24 August 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#66 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 24 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

I play as a lone pug filling in groups in CW often, and very often I've gone against top tier 12 mans, I have NEVER, EVER scored under 400 points at the end of a match.

Considering how rarely that occurred too, I'm not worried that it had a significant affect on my PSR rating.

It's intended to create competitive matches by ensuring top tier players aren't being matched against bottom tier and noobs. Even with the worst CW scoring, it would be difficult for a Tier 1 to stay in a low queue for long beating up on noobs and low skill players.

Yeah it might possibly happen occasionally, it doesn't invalidate using it though.

"Unless it's perfect, **** it, don't do nuffin'" In that case, let's turn off the MWO servers, ain't nothin' been perfect for a long ass time.

It's like racing, where every scorable race run affects your ranking. It doesn't matter what the other 30 to 50 cars on the track did, it's based solely on what you did.

Lol.. ok so why do only top world drives race F1 not Cart kids... because they aren't the same level and they are sorted out.

If CW isn't going to try sorting quality then it shouldn't have an impact on rankings. It's like playing a ranked match in any other FPS but they don't try to balance the teams. Your rank will be effected but you can be tossed it well above or below your personal level.

#67 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 24 August 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

But you can join Cw as a solo puger and be set up against a top tier group. Which will most likely result in a very low score and loss, hence drop in PSR

Hey thats a great idea. All I have to do is farm CW as a pugger to get my psr where I apparently need it to be

#68 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Hey its not a bad idea, ppl like me can go get farmed in CW and drop to a tier they need to be in after all

#69 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 24 August 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Lol.. ok so why do only top world drives race F1 not Cart kids... because they aren't the same level and they are sorted out.
If the times and scores from Cart kids counted towards their score they would.

BUT, calling CW the MWO equivalent of 'Cart kids', seriously? That kind of comparison makes me wonder if you've ever played CW. Maybe the REVERSE is true, dropping in the solo queue vs CW, solo queue being the 'cart kids', but then it makes using CW as part of the measure on creating balanced matches in the solo queue make that much more sense.

If CW isn't going to try sorting quality then it shouldn't have an impact on rankings. It's like playing a ranked match in any other FPS but they don't try to balance the teams. Your rank will be effected but you can be tossed it well above or below your personal level.
Why not? That's not the function of CW to put 'like skills vs like skill' the purpose of CW is to have multiple factions battle for control of a planet, good and bad pilots alike.

Grading their performance and applying it to a ranking harms no one.

View PostKharnZor, on 24 August 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

• If a players' team loses, but the player does exceptionally well (achieving a very high Match Score), the player will go up slightly in skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player performed well (achieving a high Match Score), the player will not move in skill rating.
You'll only go up slightly with a loss and excellent match score. Otherwise if you do good then you'll just hover there
Yes it allows the loss of a match to NOT be overly burdensome to your ranking. The only way you can go down is to lose a match AND do badly (not score well) in that match.

This applies to solo, grouped, and CW match scoring.

#70 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

Per Russ:

Sept. 8
"PSR change - we will be removing CW matches from games that effect your PSR. We feel only MM matches should effect your PSR. So this will mean your PSR is only effected by your public queue matches both solo and group."

http://mwomercs.com/...11#entry4646011

Glad to see that they realized it doesn't make sense, and that they're going to fix it. Bravo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users