My Avg Game Score Is ~160 - When Will I Be Put Into Right Psr Tier?

109 replies to this topic

#101 PholkLorr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • LocationThe Best Player

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

Simple.

You are in the bottom 1 or 5% of the skill curve. If there are 5 tiers and they were evenly spread, each tier has 20 percent. If you're in the bottom 5 percent, that means that in a team of 12, 9 players will be better than you. Furthermore, you cannot drop any farther since you're already rock bottom of tier 5. There's just nothing the system can do to save you if you suck so bad you know. The system cannot nerf players individual skills, which is what you are asking for. If you don't like losing, play a single player rpg or single player fps. Competitive fps just isn't for you if you can't improve after 2 years of playing. And this mwo is ez mode compared to cs and cod anyway.

It also means that if I am in the top 5 percent of the skill curve, every game I play might result in me being the best player and I cannot tier up any farther, which seems to be the case I am experiencing, not that I am complaining.

Put me in tier 1 or tier 5, doesn't matter. The best player is always the same.

#102 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 29 August 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

The only way for you to get out of PSR Hell is to be a better TEAM player.

If pilots cannot be team players in a team based game where your score is based on how well you personally preform as part of team then they will be stuck with other pilots that play the same.

Playing a team/group based game as a solo-rambo sounds like Hell to me.

I disagree. This game does not judge your performance by the way you add to the team. It does judge you on how much damage you did. Not your team, you. There are some other minor factors like staying with your lance and such, but in the end it's damage that counts. So actually to get out of HSR hell all you have to do is do insane amounts of damage. This can only be done by playing a handful or so OP builds and skipping the rest. It doesn't matter if you play with your team or against it. You can do terrible amounts of damage by stealing kills/components/damage from your teammates, by letting them get shot to smithereens while you wait your time and reap the cored enemy mechs and so on. How is that good teamplay? Every second game I meet a fresh Timber Wolf coming out of nowhere after both teams being shot to bits, to shine and win. Months ago this was called the Late Atlas. Now we see Timbers or Dires doing this.

The goals and mechanics do not enforce good teamplay, they enforce selfish and reckless match point grabbing.

View PostPholkLorr, on 07 September 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Simple.

You are in the bottom 1 or 5% of the skill curve. If there are 5 tiers and they were evenly spread, each tier has 20 percent. If you're in the bottom 5 percent, that means that in a team of 12, 9 players will be better than you. Furthermore, you cannot drop any farther since you're already rock bottom of tier 5. There's just nothing the system can do to save you if you suck so bad you know. The system cannot nerf players individual skills, which is what you are asking for. If you don't like losing, play a single player rpg or single player fps. Competitive fps just isn't for you if you can't improve after 2 years of playing. And this mwo is ez mode compared to cs and cod anyway.

It also means that if I am in the top 5 percent of the skill curve, every game I play might result in me being the best player and I cannot tier up any farther, which seems to be the case I am experiencing, not that I am complaining.

Put me in tier 1 or tier 5, doesn't matter. The best player is always the same.

So what is PUG queue for then?

#103 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 29 August 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

i dunno why mad dog should be higher than a summoner when summoner is arguably better even as an lrm boat having more speed and jj for quick repositioning (and up to 5 launchers, but it's probably better to play it like 3 x 15) and as a streakboat too

also that person who made that tier seems to like poptarts (their summoner build is a poptart) and nimble heavies/assaults, note how high they placed victor

Hm, when I face a Mad Dog (any Mad Dog) I take cover or call for help. It's not like facing a Dire or Timber alone, but underestimating a Mad Dog means a quick death. If I face a Summoner though, I know I can handle it. In almost any Mech. I own a Summoner and have played it a lot. I like it but I know it's weaknesses. If the pilot can compensate them the Summoner can be a threat, but speaking generally I am not very afraid if I see one coming along.

#104 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

lol i dunno
even when i played kit foxes and didn't buy yet a new gpu (bought new cpu and stuff only) so had pretty low fps, almost every mdd which i met was an easy prey

#105 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 August 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

I shouldn't adopt to anything or improve any skill - it's MM, who should provide team mates and enemies with appropriate level of skill for me. That's the single thing, you all can't understand about MM.

Well ... for folks at the extreme ends of the distribution there just aren't enough equivalently skilled folks to match them up with. As a result, the folks at the extremes find themselves frequently matched up against players at different skill levels. For the bulk of the players in the middle of the more or less bell curved distribution, there is a much larger selection of players to choose from so the match maker can make better matches with more players near the same skill level.

Unfortunately, this won't change since there are always players at the extremes. However, those at the low end can learn to play better fairly easily (since it doesn't take that much to make incremental improvements in game play) and move themselves into the bulk of the distribution. Sadly, for the folks at the top end of the distribution there isn't very much that they can do.

#106 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

I personally think they should take away 2 tiers and just have 3 tiers. Good, medium and Bad.

#107 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 15 September 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

I personally think they should take away 2 tiers and just have 3 tiers. Good, medium and Bad.

Like THIS:

Good:

Tier1

Tier2

Medium:

Tier3

Tier4

Bad:

Tier5

Streakboats :)

#108 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:53 AM

300 points to qualify for a prize in the recent tournament so 160 doesn't sound that much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users