81 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

Welcome to the MechWarrior Online Wiki. This wiki is a resource database that anyone can contribute to and is solely dedicated to MechWarrior Online. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, I can be reached on my talk page or on the MechWarrior Online forums.

Standard Legal Statement:

Warning, this is an off site link. Piranha Games Inc. and its associates cannot be held responsible for content of off site webpages.

Thanks for all your hard work Seth, we really appreciate it!

#2 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

I should be thanking you guys if anything!

#3 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Merc unit pages okay?

#4 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Yes, I was planning on adding them and listing them under their respective in game factions. You can use this page as a rough template if you would like.

#5 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Out of curiosity, just how in depth of a merc unit page would you want? I can go anywhere between a simple "about us" page with a logo and a link to your home page to pretty much a full blown unit site with its own forums.

#6 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'll go ahead and take advantage of this thread to post new feature updates.

Today I added a javascript plugin that displays all of the Inner Sphere News posts on a timeline. It gives you an nice perspective of how often the news updates are posted. You can see it here at the bottom of the MWO Wiki's main page.

Next up on my list is adding a feature that will let people upload decals or skins should MWO support that kind of feature.

#7 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Exciting News, is there anything that the Mechwarrior Registry can do to support your efforts? www.mechreg.org

#8 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

More than anything else, the wiki needs content or ideas for content that would be useful for MechWarrior Online or the MWO community. If you want to add something, go for it. You won't break it and don't worry about presentation. I've got plenty of time to organize anything you might add before the game comes out.

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

You could add a list of things that will probably get into game based on rare dev posts and Inner Sphere news. :P
Things like: Centurion, those artillery rockets used on Catapults, freedom of number of players playing against themselves (posted in some thread yesterday - 1v1,2v2,3v3,... Too bad they forgot to mention the limit of it.), beta in the first quarter of 2012, etc.

#10 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

Every mech that has been mentioned by name in the ISN feeds has been added to the rumored mechs section (including the Spector, Centurion, Shadow Hawk, & Mauler, let me know if I missed any). The Arrow IV system was first fielded in '44, so it "should" be available. I couldn't find the thread about the freedom of players. There's so many new threads and posts each day, I'm sure I'm missing some pretty cool stuff.

#11 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

In the immortal words of Rick Perry, "Oops!".

#12 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

New feature added: The wiki will now support file sharing at this page. If MWO allows people to create their own decals and paint schemes, they can be uploaded to this page so others can preview the decal or paint scheme, and people can download them if they like it. An example of how this works can be seen here at my MW4 decal sharing page. Only images can be uploaded so far and I will permit the file types necessary for the MWO files once we find out what they are. EXEs and ZIPs will no be permitted for example.

Next on my to do list: Making a page for people to share their mech variants. If MWO saves people's mech variants locally (and suspect it won't) then people will be able to share their variant files as well. Also on the list, setting up a facebook page.

#13 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

New feature added: Personal BattleMech Page. You will be able to create a page that shows the details of your personal ride. If MWO allows you to save your mech to your hard drive like MW4, then you will be able to upload it and share it with others. I get the feeling MWO won't allow that, so this page can be used to allow other to rate your mech. If MWO ends up displaying kill/death ratios, accuracy, ect... then those stats can also be fed to this page as well.

This page will be created through a form instead a blank wiki page. This will be quite useful to those who are unfamiliar with wiki text. The form page can be found here and example of a personal Mech page can be seen here.

Next up, Facebook.

Edited by Seth, 07 December 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#14 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostSeth, on 06 December 2011 - 02:23 AM, said:

Every mech that has been mentioned by name in the ISN feeds has been added to the rumored mechs section (including the Spector, Centurion, Shadow Hawk, & Mauler, let me know if I missed any). The Arrow IV system was first fielded in '44, so it "should" be available. I couldn't find the thread about the freedom of players. There's so many new threads and posts each day, I'm sure I'm missing some pretty cool stuff.

You're missing the Devastator 'Mech from an early ISN news feed:

"@InnerSphereNews: Wed. Oct 5, 3048: Marshal Harrison Bradford issued a personal thanks to Norse-Storm BattleMechs, Inc. for the receipt of a DVS-2 Devastator."

http://twitter.com/#...828820272689152

#15 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

View PostYoungblood, on 07 December 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

You're missing the Devastator 'Mech from an early ISN news feed:

"@InnerSphereNews: Wed. Oct 5, 3048: Marshal Harrison Bradford issued a personal thanks to Norse-Storm BattleMechs, Inc. for the receipt of a DVS-2 Devastator."

Wow, thanks for that. I had completely forgot about the tweets from before the mwomercs.com site launched. I also need to add some of those news flashes to the timeline.

EDIT: Added the Zeus to the list too.

Edited by Seth, 07 December 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#16 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Man, if there's going to be new Inner Sphere News every day when the game goes hot, the wiki's going to get huge!

Also, the Mauler has -two- tweets to its name so far--there's another pre-mwomercs.com tweet:

"Wed. Oct 12, 3048: Luthien Armor Works’ executives celebrate the final success against the debacle of the Daboku as the first Maulers ship."

https://twitter.com/...169580301139968

Edited by Youngblood, 08 December 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#17 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

View PostYoungblood, on 08 December 2011 - 03:14 AM, said:

Man, if there's going to be new Inner Sphere News every day when the game goes hot, the wiki's going to get huge!

Also, the Mauler has -two- tweets to its name so far--there's another pre-mwomercs.com tweet:

"Wed. Oct 12, 3048: Luthien Armor Works’ executives celebrate the final success against the debacle of the Daboku as the first Maulers ship."

https://twitter.com/...169580301139968

I would love it if it did get big. And I added that tweet to the Mauler's page, thanks for that. I'm not sure if the mention of the Daboku counts as a rumored mech hint. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the devs are gonna pass on that unfortunate mech.

I replaced that ugly stock wiki editor with something a little more user friendly. I also finally made a facebook page for MWOWiki here. Admittedly, I'm not good at facebook since I don't use it personally, but it wasn't too terribly hard to figure out. If grandmas everywhere can do it, so can I. I've also added a facebook section on the front page with links to MechWarrior Online's and No Guts, No Galaxies pages, as well as mine.

I think my next project will be to make a mobile version of the site.

In the meantime, I'm looking for editors to add content to some of the pages, namely the factions and rumored mechs. If you think it might be relevant to MechWarrior Online, throw it in there. I'll make it look pretty.

#18 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:45 AM

A mobile version of the site has been added. The look generally remains the same, but when people using mobile devices view the site, the text size will be about 50% larger than normal, which was just large enough for me to read it with my phone held vertically. I thought this was important because when I played games like Star Trek Online or God of War, I was almost constantly referring to their wiki's on my phone and I did not like having to tilt the phone to the side, zoom in on the text, or double tap boxes to enlarge them. The inner geek in me is happy. Please let me know if any of you come across a problem I overlooked with the mobile version.

Next project: Flesh out the rumored mechs section. It tends to be the most popular destination on the site (after the Atlas and main page) and that Devastator looks like a beast!

#19 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

Work is continuing on the background sections of the mechs and factions. My thanks to the new contributors. A new feature worth mentioning has been added to the timeline. In addition to the interactive scrolling timeline on the front page, there is a new way to filter through and search the news headlines now. Going to this page, you can see all the headlines displayed in order of postings. You can then click on a faction or character filter to display only the news items relevant to that filter, or click on a name in the news feeds to see each news headline they feature in since a couple appear in two now.

#20 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

I've added a Clan invasion timeline to the MWOwiki. I'll update it as events occur in the MWO timeline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users