• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

snip

These are all MLMW matches. Almost all of them have been recorded, as have the vast majority of RHOD matches, where the prevailing assault is the Direwolf.

But since I doubt you play comp at all, that'd be like me trying to talk to a civilian about Battle Drill 1A.

But hey, I guess your

I go to 1 high end meta unit and there prefference is SRM vomit Ice ferrets.
I go to another meta unit and they ***** and whine when there is a direwolf dead weight on there team to baby sit.
I go to another unit and they hate people who put 5 instead of 4 er medium lasers on a timberwolf.

outweighs any actual proof I post.

Especially since you're discounting the RVN-2X and 4X as bad mechs which until the Cheeto came out, was the defacto best poking light.

But hey, keep on keeping on with your bad "info."

#62 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,658 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

The timberwolf has high mounts.

Yes, it has high mounts now, but it was considered the best heavy long before it got them.

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

For instance the mechs that are not that good for clans all have low mounts. ie Kitfox, summoner, executioner, etc.

Im going to disagree that the Executioner and Summoner are bad, Mad Dog and Gargoyle would be better contenders.

That doesn't mean that is solely why they are bad though, sure that is possibly a contributing factor, but not the only reason.

#63 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

Been running the Sexocutioner with a cERPPC and 5xcMPLas, what a beast of a mech!.
Its everything Mr Gargles wishes to be!.

Edit: Hmmm seems theres a bug where MASC will not turn off, had it happen 3 times now.

Edited by KHETTI, 02 September 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#64 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 02 September 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

These are all MLMW matches. Almost all of them have been recorded, as have the vast majority of RHOD matches, where the prevailing assault is the Direwolf.

But since I doubt you play comp at all, that'd be like me trying to talk to a civilian about Battle Drill 1A.

But hey, I guess your

outweighs any actual proof I post.

Especially since you're discounting the RVN-2X and 4X as bad mechs which until the Cheeto came out, was the defacto best poking light.

But hey, keep on keeping on with your bad "info."

If you are seriously going to start telling me now the raven #X's are good all of the sudden after years of being "sh*t" and being slower then nearly every IS light in game and poor hardpoints compared to something like a jenner (which is faster then the 2X, has better overall poking, jumpjets, etc) then I am starting to doubt your legitimacy overall- especially when the 4X is the other mech you stated as 'good poker', which has even more problems then the 2X and has nothing over the 3L (which has more E hardpoints, ECM, faster, etc). Then I do not really know what to say to you or can decern if you are serious enough about what you say- or just serious enough in an attempt to try to derail the topic and/or to annoy/troll me. Which isn't really working unless your goal was me to simply leave instead of malicious joy.

#65 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

If you are seriously going to start telling me now the raven #X's are good all of the sudden after years of being "sh*t" and being slower then nearly every IS light in game and poor hardpoints compared to something like a jenner (which is faster then the 2X, has better overall poking, jumpjets, etc) then I am starting to doubt your legitimacy overall- especially when the 4X is the other mech you stated as 'good poker', which has even more problems then the 2X and has nothing over the 3L (which has more E hardpoints, ECM, faster, etc). Then I do not really know what to say to you or can decern if you are serious enough about what you say- or just serious enough in an attempt to try to derail the topic and/or to annoy/troll me. Which isn't really working unless your goal was me to simply leave instead of malicious joy.

RVN-4X
  • +30% Energy Weapon range
  • -30% Energy beam duration
  • runs 130 using 255XL

RVN-2X
  • -20% LL heat gen
  • +plethora of armor/structure quirks
  • runs 140 using 275XL
But hey... don't take my word at it. Since you're basing your perceptions on the viability of a mech on their pre-quirk performance.

I guess according to that basis the TDR-5SS is still a **** mech.... :rolleyes:

#66 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 02 September 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

Yes, it has high mounts now, but it was considered the best heavy long before it got them.

Im going to disagree that the Executioner and Summoner are bad, Mad Dog and Gargoyle would be better contenders.

That doesn't mean that is solely why they are bad though, sure that is possibly a contributing factor, but not the only reason.

[thank god for the most reasonable debate I had on these forums all day. thank you so much]
Yes: but wasn't the timberwolf the main best mech before the hellbringer then?

I picked the summoner and executioner becasue I wanted something that wasn't an obviously bad mech like the gargoyle and mist lynx (however the mad dog worse then summoner part in your comment does confuse me).

other conttributing factors? like how the executioner has most of the same high hardpoints of the hellbringer and also has low arms and only ferro and no endo?

Edited by Nightshade24, 02 September 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#67 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 02 September 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

RVN-4X
  • +30% Energy Weapon range
  • -30% Energy beam duration
  • runs 130 using 255XL
RVN-2X
  • -20% LL heat gen
  • +plethora of armor/structure quirks
  • runs 140 using 275XL
But hey... don't take my word at it. Since you're basing your perceptions on the viability of a mech on their pre-quirk performance.

I guess according to that basis the TDR-5SS is still a **** mech.... :rolleyes:

Isn't a twin ER large laser adder better then those builds if we're going by duel large laser performance then? :huh:
Or arctic cheetah?

And pack on the topic: 2 large lasers is better then 2 large pulse, 2 gauss rifles, and 4 ER mediums how?

#68 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

Isn't a twin ER large laser adder better then those builds if we're going by duel large laser performance then? :huh:
Or arctic cheetah?

And pack on the topic: 2 large lasers is better then 2 large pulse, 2 gauss rifles, and 4 ER mediums how?

Watch a comp match. Priority targets are always the Whales. Once the whales are down, the next target is the heavies. Once those are down, it's mop up time on mediums and lights.

Lights have the lowest DPS, but they live the longest so they get good damage numbers. Whales have the most damage output, but they're the priority target. Always. No exceptions. First three mechs dead are almost always Whales.

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 02 September 2015 - 10:55 PM.

#69 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 02 September 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Watch a comp match. Priority targets are always the Whales. Once the whales are down, the next target is the heavies. Once those are down, it's mop up time on mediums and lights.

Lights have the lowest DPS, but they live the longest so they get good damage numbers. Whales have the most damage output, but they're the priority target. Always. No exceptions. First three mechs dead are almost always Whales.

so to a degree, it's just slower version of twin Nascar in practice?

Both have the slow mechs doing some of the medium to least damage and die first.
Both often have some of the more slower heavies dying rather due to being the next slow targets left behind in Nascar, or htey are alone in the front lines. both then move down to the mediums and the fast light mechs that was busy killing the unfortunate and such and were to fast to be a priority target.

of course I am not saying that comp matches ARE Nascar... but it has similar end results either way but less frustration I would imagine.

#70 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:06 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

Or arctic cheetah?

No adder is even slower, c/er-llas has a very long burn and adder is basically a bullet sponge, you can see it coming because of the torso hood so by halfway through a burn you are eating gauss.

Its basically a low armor medium in practice. It only works if its ignored and its easy enough to kill to start with that I makes an attactive target for random pot shots, because it does have a decent bite.

#71 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 03 September 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

No adder is even slower, c/er-llas has a very long burn and adder is basically a bullet sponge, you can see it coming because of the torso hood so by halfway through a burn you are eating gauss.

Its basically a low armor medium in practice. It only works if its ignored and its easy enough to kill to start with that I makes an attactive target for random pot shots, because it does have a decent bite.

isn't the raven also good when not ignored? or any light mech to that matter?

#72 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 03 September 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

isn't the raven also good when not ignored? or any light mech to that matter?

Exactly a laser raven is a nuisance since its harder to spot coming, generally further away you aren't going to get a shot at it if he's doing it right.

However, that damage adds up over the course of a match, back in the ealier days it was raven -3Ls scrapping it out to start the match, whoever won the light battle generally won the match, because the lights would then go hunt the assualts with the backup of their entire team.

Difference now is there is so much firepower on the field, the light battle doesn't happen, its find the assaults, kill the assaults, they are to dangerous to let live.

Ever land on the receiving end of Twinky in a Dire? dude don't miss a lot.

#73 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

5) 2-3 more hardpoints? for what? this thing can already do 13E hardpoints (more then effectively be possible to use), or can do 10E + 2M, or 10E+ 1B, or 8E + 2B + 2M, or 8E + 3B. etc.
If you want more ballistic hardpoints then the Executioner C is the last Executioner in timeline available, it has a UAC 20, LRM 20+ A and a small laser with a targeting computer... oh I forgot to say what's cool about this thing- it has the UAC 20 on the energy arm (right) instead of the left arm. Allowing people to duel arm UAC 20 on the executioner (and when quirks comes- the C UAC 20 arm and the A UAC 20 arm may give interesting quirk combo...) and with the D's E hardpoints in the ST's, you can throw in 3 er mediums with that build and get very heavy on the ammo and the heatsinks and the armour.
Beyond that nothing much can be done.

I meant "slots" not "weapon slots"... you know, room for ammo, heat sinks, targeting computers, BAP... it has plenty of weapon hardpoints..

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 02 September 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

"You chose the hard way to learn how to pilot an assault. Respect.
I prefer the easy way, and far better assaults.

I actually prefer to do some things "the hard way"... that's the only way you get to "achieve" something worthy of note in life..

I think the Executioner is one of the better assaults in the game, and certainly the all-round best buy of all CLAN assaults. I only have clan mechs on this account, and I was not going to invest cbills and nerve endings into a box slug like the Direwolf.

(which was my apsolute favorite mech in all MW games EXCEPT MWO - the sloooooow motion it has here is simply to slow to play against live, non-AI players. It would be better if we could install bigger engines into it, but we can't)

Edited by Vellron2005, 03 September 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#74 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 September 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

I meant "slots" not "weapon slots"... you know, room for ammo, heat sinks, targeting computers, BAP... it has plenty of weapon hardpoints..

I actually prefer to do some things "the hard way"... that's the only way you get to "achieve" something worthy of note in life..

I think the Executioner is one of the better assaults in the game, and certainly the all-round best buy of all CLAN assaults. I only have clan mechs on this account, and I was not going to invest cbills and nerve endings into a box slug like the Direwolf.

(which was my apsolute favorite mech in all MW games EXCEPT MWO - the sloooooow motion it has here is simply to slow to play against live, non-AI players. It would be better if we could install bigger engines into it, but we can't)

typically a good counter to lack of space is using heavier gear, ie large pulse lasers and er ppc's which are quite heavy for 2 tons, pulse lasers are nearly double the tons for the same crits nad such, some ballistics are weight heavy. etc. I haven't ran out of space on any exe yet and wouldn't mind putting an endo on them or so .

#75 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 03 September 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

typically a good counter to lack of space is using heavier gear, ie large pulse lasers and er ppc's which are quite heavy for 2 tons, pulse lasers are nearly double the tons for the same crits nad such, some ballistics are weight heavy. etc. I haven't ran out of space on any exe yet and wouldn't mind putting an endo on them or so .

I'd kill to get the extra crap out of the RT on the prime, can't even get a proper big gun in there with two B slots.

#76 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 03 September 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

I ran out of space on my first trip to the mechlab with my EXE-D :P

I wanted to do a nice 9 x ERSLAS+2xLRM10 build, but ended up with waaay to little heat sinks. Had to cut that down significantly, and eventually settled on the 4 x ERSLAS + 2 x ERLL + 2 x LRM10 with 2,5 tons of ammo (gotta try to squeze in one more ton somehow)

The current build rocks though.. Last night did 600+ damage with 2 kills, 8 assists on River city.. (which is great considering I've been playing the EXE, and assaults in general, for litteraly 2 days)

LOVE the two torso mounts for my ERLL's... they get me nice cover while sniping.. and not to mention the LRM's.. nice harrasment there...

I actually menaged to take down a full health LYRA MUROMETS by taking it head on - no dodging, just str8 up walking up to it and punching it down.. proud of that. I was on some 70-ish % health when it started and cored afterwards, but alive..

I think the pilot of that one must have been like "oh..wait..he's not dodgin.. HE'S HEADING STRAIGHT FOR ME, HELP, HELP, HE...transmission cuts out"

Edited by Vellron2005, 03 September 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#77 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostKhobai, on 01 September 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Direwolf isnt really a comp-level mech IMO. its so friggin slow. I would actually say the Executioner is more competitive than the Dire Wolf since keeping up with your teams timberwolves/stormcrows is pretty important. Having jumpjets/MASC can help it hillclimb a lot better than the Direwolf too.

It's clear to me that you've never played in a competitive league or even watched any competitive matches. Skirmish? Bring DWF. Assault? Bring DWF. Conquest? Bring DWF. Limited to 3 clan mechs per drop? Bring 3x DWF and the rest all IS.

Basically, the DWF is the best competitive assault mech in the game. It doesn't care about the fact that it has the mobility of an obese turtle, all it has to do is sit out in the open surrounded by its allies and shoot things. And it does that job very well and competitive teams take advantage of that quality and abuse it. STK might have better highmounts, but the DWF doesn't care, it blasts the STK away when it tries to ridge peek because the DWF has a bigger alpha. While the EXE has mobility, it lacks in firepower. It can't pack 2x Gauss + 2x LPL +3x ERML and deliver ~70 dmg alphas at 500m. You can't speedtank enough to brush off a hit from that. Not to mention that when you fill it to the brim with UACs and take it to the public queue it makes a laughing stock of anything that gets in front of it. Not other mech can really do that and a good DWF pilot knows where to go to abuse that quality without getting left behind.

#78 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 September 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

I ran out of space on my first trip to the mechlab with my EXE-D :P

I wanted to do a nice 9 x ERSLAS+2xLRM10 build, but ended up with waaay to little heat sinks. Had to cut that down significantly, and eventually settled on the 4 x ERSLAS + 2 x ERLL + 2 x LRM10 with 2,5 tons of ammo (gotta try to squeze in one more ton somehow)

The current build rocks though.. Last night did 600+ damage with 2 kills, 8 assists on River city..

LOVE the two torso mounts for my ERLL's... they get me nice cover while sniping.. and not to mention the LRM's.. nice harrasment there...

I actually menaged to take down a full health LYRA MUROMETS by taking it head on - no dodging, just str8 up walking up to it and punching it down.. proud of that. I was on some 70-ish % health when it started and cored afterwards, but alive..

I think the pilot of that one must have been like "oh..wait..he's not dodgin.. HE'S HEADING STRAIGHT FOR ME, HELP, HELP, HE..."

9 small lasers? I can see where your tonnage issues came around xD

Anyway yea. I wanted an LRM executioner but I also wanted 2 small-sized lasers in 1 ST (ie 2 small pulse or 2 mediums, maybe 2 medium pulse or 2 smalls) and 1 er large in the other: and I want an arm that would go nice. But my problem was ER PPC would not sync up to well and it would be to simular to my exe A (which is 1 er ppc, 1 er large laser, 1 uac 20) so I decided to go with 2 x SSRM 6 on 1 arm and 2 er medium lasers in the ST and I still went with the ER PPC either way with 1 more medium pulse there

I kinda wish more variants come out for the executioner a lot because the last one in timeline is the Executioner C which has 2 UAC 20, 1 small laser, 1 LRM 20+A stock... what's so good about this? well the missile arm is in the same place as before, small laser is in a ST so doesn't matter to much we already got 1E, 1E + AMS, and 2E in ST... but remember- I said he missile is in the same arm and also mentioned a UAC 20 stock- the UAC 20 is on the opposite arm to where the other ballistics are meaning if this thing is out you can do like duel UAC 20 or duel Gauss rifles and some lasers and I really want to do 1 or the other build.

#79 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:33 AM

Personally, I like the UAC20, but I prefer lasers.. They do similar, even more damage when boated, but don't jam or run out of ammo..

That's why I went with 4 x ERSLAS... also nice 20 pinpoint damage, but no jammin, no ammo needed, and only 2 tons.. Wish I could cram more in..

Obviously, much shorter range, but the EXE excells in tight quarters like River CIty..

I mean, I could cram more in... but you know.. nuts cooking in the seat.. :P

Edited by Vellron2005, 03 September 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#80 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 September 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

12 man teams: which can oh I do not know: also make 3 x 8 flamer firestarters, 3 x 14 flamer novas, some flamer thunderbolts and another flamer spammed awesome be OP due to coordination and such en mass: even though it is the weakest weapon in game

No.

You are not just wrong, you are embarrassing yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users