favorite mech/build.

20 replies to this topic

#1 S Jet

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

I was just wondering what are all you guys/gal favorite mech and builds were for the mechs.

i had a few but my all time favorite one was when I played MW4 black knight and i had a Daishi with 5 er large laser 2 clan ultra ac 20 plus some clan lrm 15. that build could core a atlas in one shot but it was fun as heck to play in.

Yea i know it heat would have sucked but at the time i played it BK was all no heat no ammo so i just rolled with it.

#2 Kordo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Vulture (Mad Dog) alt. config. C - 2 gauss rifles. nothing else. Direct Fire Support, with style....

#3 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

4 med pulse lasers + whatever else fit on anything fast.

#4 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

a cat w/6 streak-2's and 2 ppc's,max armor and 5/8 movement.
oh ya and a bap for those sneaky hidden/shutdownmechs cuz you got to kill'em all just to be on the safe side lols

#5 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

I still want to mount a 20 foot long myomer tongue with water spouts to mimic saliva, mount it on a locust and nail assault mechs cockpits at 120kph plus screaming "DRIVE BY FACE LICK"

#6 CommanderOSIS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

kodiak with two light gauss. reach out and touch those lrm boats with impunity :P

#7 Steffenximus

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Fafnir with standard 2xHeavy Gauss. Because you will always feel this weapon when it hits you.

#8 Flinch

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostThorgar Wulfson, on 07 July 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

I still want to mount a 20 foot long myomer tongue with water spouts to mimic saliva, mount it on a locust and nail assault mechs cockpits at 120kph plus screaming "DRIVE BY FACE LICK"

That.... That is the best idea ever!

Sort of gives weight to the quote:
"...And the moral of the story is: don't run in the city."

"No, the moral of the story is: Locust pilots are the weirdest."
- Life In The Big City, CITYTECH Rulebook

I remember something about the locust pilot ejecting and yelling "whoopwhoopwhoop!" as he flies across the city, smashing into a building...

and i love any weapon that can knock you down...

#9 Adm Awesome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

so I started playing Mechwarrior 4 and messing around with mechs and builds... my question is why not use a bunch of weaker weapons instead of a few bigger ones? I found the ER lasers to actually be much more damage per tonnage, the lower you go. 1 ER small laser is only .5 tons but does 2 damage, that's 4 times as much, a medium does 3 damage while weighing 1 ton, and a large I think weighs 4 doing 7.5 damage, it just keeps getting lower. I found a Wolfhound which can only use lasers and he has 4 small lasers, 1 ER small, 2 ER medium and 1 ER large. The large is only for range shots since they do get shorter ranges the lower you go, which may be the only drawback to some people. Though if you are in a light mech such as the wolfhound, you can get in pretty easily anyway. well the only reason he even has the mediums is because I ran out of the smalls. He really kicks butt in the arena, I had a small coolant pod to keep things nice and down with all those lasers, especially ER lasers, but I replaced it with another laser seeing that if I pace my shots enough, I'll never come close to overheating, just have 3 groups, all the weapons for a giant hit, one for all the small lasers, and then the last for the large and mediums lasers.

If I'm going about this the wrong way or anything, or if you just have an opinion on my build, I would really love to hear it. I'm new at this, so don't think I'm trying to tell anyone how something should be built, just saying what my first thoughts just by a little bit of poking around, and I more than welcome criticism, as long as it's constructive.

#10 Lunchmeat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

For mid to close range, a Daishi "street sweeper" 6 clanlbx10.

#11 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Nova with as many ER Large Lasers as you can fit in. (Yes, I'm a guilty laser boater, it was the only way I could win MW2 when I was 9 years old.

#12 Teljaxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 143 posts
  • Location*ERROR* Location.txt not found.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

My favorite in MW2 is the stock Marauder IIC Prime, who needs ammo when you've got 3xERPPC carnage!

In MW4 I like my 2x UAC5, 2x UAC2, 2x Medium Laser, SSRM 6 Thor/Summoner custom. That thing will keep you rocking from long range so you can't hit back, then get in close and finish you with the lasers and SRMs. Plus with MW4's ammo amounts, I rarely run out of AC ammo before I die, and the 360* torso twist means you can't escape!

#13 Kristakis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Ditto on MW2 Marauder with 3xERPPCs. Loved that mech!

#14 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

My favorite is a Black Knight with 2 Clan LBX AC20s and 2 assault lasers.
Good speed, good armor, good firepower with the LBXs, but no heat syncs for the lasers and it's very short-ranged (hence the need for speed).
The assault lasers are just for finishing people off and the odd alpha-strike, 'cause there's no way to deal with their heat for any sustained firing.

That's more of an arena build though, just for close range mech-on-mech action.
You can also replace those LBXs with gauss rifles to make it a mobile sniper, or replace the assault lasers with various fast firing lasers for taking out vehicles. Whatever the mission calls for.

Only problem is that the Black Knight isn't available in most of the games. Then I'll play a Timber Wolf with triple "whatever-takes-up-three-yellow-slots", then alpha-strike those to make people fall over.

Edited by Elendil, 08 July 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#15 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Though I don't know exactly what all can fit on my fav mech. Id love a bushwacker with a ppc and capacitor for it, 2 med lasers on the other arm, a Enhanced LRM 10 with follow the leader warheads, and put EVERYTHING else into armor (modular on the cockpit/chest if possible)

#16 HellHat

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Templar
2 Rotary AC/2's
4 ER Medium Lasers
SRM 4
I'm doing it completely off of memory, so I have no idea if this is even plausible. The rotary's are the most memorable part of the design, because they completely SHREDDED the armor of an mech unlucky enough to wander into my sights.

Edit: Damn you small spelling mistakes!

Edited by HellHat, 08 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#17 Kobriel

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Top preferences: NovaCat (5xCERL Laser), Daishi (4xCERL Laser, 1xCGauss) and Thor (1xClan AC10, 1LBX AC10, 1xCStrike SRM6)

Most used mechs:
- NovaCat - 5xCERL Laser
- MadCat - 2xCERL Laser and 4xCLRM
- Daishi - various combinations of everything (but usually 4xCERL Laser and 1xCGauss)
- Thor - various combinations of CStrikeSRM, AC10 and LBX AC10
- Crab - combinations of XPulseLaser or PulseLaser
- Puma - 2xERPPC
- Marauder II - 1xRailgun, 4xCHeavyLaser
- Battlemaster IIC - 2xLightPPC, 1xCapacitorLightPPC, 1xCStrikeSRM6

Good times... :)

#18 ASSASSYN X

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOn top of a hill targeting you

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

NOVACAT With clan PPC lasers for sniping and blowing weapons off at range.

#19 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

daishi with three UAC20s lol

#20 errmoop0

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKatherine, NT, Australia