161 replies to this topic

#21 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

By the looks of the mechs people are using I'm going to guess you're in tier 3 . Just wait you will move up and have to work just as hard to get less cbills :P

Edited by Monkey Lover, 03 September 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#22 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:20 AM

I've seen Juju in a few games lately, and i don't think there was one where he wasn't pulling his hair out, yes it can be that bad at times.
Team mates who refuse to engage for fear of taking hits, insist on holding bad ground and just wait about to die.

#23 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:20 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 03 September 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

That was actually a pretty close match. But the fact you did 1300 damage, which is enough to almost completely annihilate 2 fresh assaults, yet you only got 1 kill, tells me you probably need to work on your aim. No offense.

No, I've played with and against Juju many times - he is a very good, competent pilot.

Sometimes you don't get kills because you are firing on a dozen barely damaged mechs - and in something slower like a King Crab you can't always chase down for the kill - especially when your team is bad and dropping like flies.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 03 September 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#24 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

I think others have made this point by now but I'll add my voice:

One ******* game doesn't prove jack ****.

That said it is extremely frustrating when you carry hard and still lose, I feel you. It just doesn't necessarily indicate a massive problem with the game.

Edited by Yosharian, 03 September 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#25 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Juju you aren't the problem. The other guys doing < 150 match score their the problem.

Sometimes you just can't carry hard enough. It's all about getting the competition to their proper levels. If those randoms don't do well regularly enough, they'll drop lower than your tier so you see them less often.

#26 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

Juju!! MALAKA!

:D

#27 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostCorrado, on 03 September 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Dunno if leaving the names in the screenshot violate ToS about name and shame... but...

Do what everyonelse does? Carry on... and on top of that... 1300 damage, 1 kill? one target down means carrying your team? no.

You are right, those two guys with less than 200 damage and 2 kills carried the team for sure.

It is inconceivable to think that the OP didn't open up those targets just to have a couple people get the killing blow on them.

View PostUltimatum X, on 03 September 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

No, I've played with and against Juju many times - he is a very good, competent pilot.

Sometimes you don't get kills because you are firing on a dozen barely damaged mechs - and in something slower like a King Crab you can't always chase down for the kill - especially when your team is bad and dropping like flies.

How do people not understand this. How many times I have taken a Dire and gored the hell out of someones CT just to have him go back into cover and LURMs/some light pilot runs in and get the hill.

#28 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 September 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

You are right, those two guys with less than 200 damage and 2 kills carried the team for sure.

It is inconceivable to think that the OP didn't open up those targets just to have a couple people get the killing blow on them.

Posted Image

#29 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 03 September 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

By the looks of the mechs people are using I'm going to guess you're in tier 3 . Just wait you will move up and have to work just as hard to get less cbills :P

How can you guess that? He could be in Tier 1 balancing all the rest of the Tier 3 jabronis on his team. By the looks of the end game scores, that is more likely.

You do understand how the teams have a balanced PSR right? Not necessarily all Tier 1s, all Tier 2s, and all Tier 3s. The population won't allow for that.

#30 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostJujuShinobi, on 03 September 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

This is literally 85% of my matches. I am the only one contributing immensely and everyone else on my team does jack for damage. I can't bring fun mechs like Panthers anymore because we will loose thank to the game expecting me to carry. Please PGI, this is getting old. I can't group queue because of obscenely long wait times and solo queue is basically "if you're Tier 1/2, you have to carry or gglocse loose"

Posted Image

I don't know about anyone else, but my immediate response is wanting to report you for being toxic. Seriously, you assume you are tier 1 or 2 and in chat you insult your team by calling them sh*t tier. Honestly, I hope games continue to go poorly for you because you are in desperate need of some humble pie.

#31 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 03 September 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

Taken out of context those stats looked like a lot of spray'n'pray, but yeah, I get it. I pilot slow assaults and sometimes your teammates can swoop in at the last second and finish someone off after you've done the heavy lifting, and faster mechs can get away if they're on their toes and smart enough not to try and face tank you.

#32 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:36 AM

There's seriously something wrong with matchmaking atm

I'm constantly dropping in teams with little to no knowledge of the maps and team play, some occasional good player on either side but the rest play like they were strapped inside a piñata at a huge party instead of a battlemech

The problem is that solo queue ends up playing like CarryWarrior Online which shouldn't have been the case with the latest rank system, specialy considering the caliber of people players like me and juju are used to play with.

#33 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 03 September 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

I don't know about anyone else, but my immediate response is wanting to report you for being toxic. Seriously, you assume you are tier 1 or 2 and in chat you insult your team by calling them sh*t tier. Honestly, I hope games continue to go poorly for you because you are in desperate need of some humble pie.

Whatever, some people get more frustrated over this kind of thing than others, but frankly, if there was ONE other equally competent pilot on his team, that would have probably been a win.

7 people scoring below 200 damage is pretty sad.

#34 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

Ye, its ok to insult your teammates if they are not leet. All those sorryass Assaults leading a push wiping the enemy but dying not breaking 150 damage, noobs.

#35 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

Your comments in chat will no doubt inspire your team mates to work harder in their next game as that kind of constructive critism is welcomed by all.

#36 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 03 September 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

I've seen Juju in a few games lately, and i don't think there was one where he wasn't pulling his hair out, yes it can be that bad at times.
Team mates who refuse to engage for fear of taking hits, insist on holding bad ground and just wait about to die.

I do apologize for the rage and salt I do in matches, but this is getting really old where I'm the only one pulling my weight

#37 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

Quite impressive that you got 1300 damage with a ping of 330.

That other player score low can be related to so many reasons that a matchmaker cannot balance, like new mech, still not elited yet or tired sick, drunk or simply a bad day.

#38 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

Funny, I play my Panther all the time, and generally have one of, if not the top score...

#39 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

View Postxe N on, on 03 September 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Quite impressive that you got 1300 damage with a ping of 330.

That other player score low can be related to so many reasons that a matchmaker cannot balance, like new mech, still not elited yet or tired sick, drunk or simply a bad day.

I actually just noticed I was on EU servers that match. That explains a lot.

Also to further prove my point
Posted ImagePosted Image

This match ain't extreme of a case but it still helps in proving my point

#40 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

Since there is no hope to have a match in group que, and I don't like to drop solo and carry.... I've made a new account yesterday.
It's hilarious!

I'm having fun again, piloting trial mech only.
It's a good challenge! still 3-4 k, 500-600 dmg average. That trial Thunder is good enough, even without basic, or modules :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users