161 replies to this topic

#41 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 September 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Whatever, some people get more frustrated over this kind of thing than others, but frankly, if there was ONE other equally competent pilot on his team, that would have probably been a win.

7 people scoring below 200 damage is pretty sad.

The 3 lowest damage scores in the game were on the other team. Maybe just maybe if the OP had decided to actually work with the team, or try to organize them instead of stat wh*ring like Rambo they would have won? His team was out played pure and simple, and sometimes that is how it goes.

#42 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 03 September 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

The 3 lowest damage scores in the game were on the other team. Maybe just maybe if the OP had decided to actually work with the team, or try to organize them instead of stat wh*ring like Rambo they would have won? His team was out played pure and simple, and sometimes that is how it goes.

You assume I'm acting rambo and not trying to get the team to stay together and not split so wide? All I need is the team to stay together and move together then the match will go smoothly. Sadly most either don't read chat or outright ignore it. VOIP you say? I will spout so much toxic **** that I'd rather leave it off

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 03 September 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Lol. Man people can rationalize anything. So when you have a bad game, and your team loses, and one person on your team has ~1000+ damage, do you blame that person and say "Man, look at that stat wh*re on our team, if only he had played with the team and done as bad as the rest of us, maybe we would have won".

Ridiculous.

#44 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 03 September 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

Taken out of context those stats looked like a lot of spray'n'pray, but yeah, I get it. I pilot slow assaults and sometimes your teammates can swoop in at the last second and finish someone off after you've done the heavy lifting, and faster mechs can get away if they're on their toes and smart enough not to try and face tank you.

Nope, I aim for CT when I get clear shots. If I'm getting pelted or don't have a clear shot, I just aim in the general direction of the target

#45 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostAmsro, on 03 September 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

what happened to the other crab in your lance

I sneaked around at the corner of the map and found the other KGC and a Zeus in F10. He was late and tried to get to his group ...so rear stabbed it. He even didn't get what happened. Then the Zeus decided to chase me, companied by a faster mech (the ACH maybe) that went back to help the assaults. I lured them waaay back as far away as possible from their team. Lil' bit later there were like 3-4 red doritos in E10, F10. Suddenly almost my whole team appeared in F10 and we wiped those mechs that headed back to chase me.

To my surprise the remaining 3 mechs in H9 could score 3 kills while the main group walked up towards their base behind that mountain in G9/G10. That was odd as they were outnumbered there. Once we reached their base we turned around the mountain and wiped the remaining mechs.

That's what happened. Some guys decided to chase my Ice Ferret squirrel and ended as a road kill... I still don't get how our 3 mechs could survive and even get 3 kills while singled out :blink:

Edited by Norman Kosh, 03 September 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#46 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:09 AM

You people are missing the point, me and juju often played together and today i went back to play some soloqueue (couse group queue is broken and takes 15min to find a match) and this is what happened in atleast 5 of my matches today
Posted Image

This **** needs to stop

Matchmaking has a problem and it needs to be addressed

EDIT: for reading comprehension, i am refering to the fact that players with obviously very different skills are being matched together with obvious results

Edited by GalmOne, 03 September 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#47 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 03 September 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

I sneaked around at the corner of the map and found the other KGC and a Zeus in F10. He was late and tried to get to his group ...so rear stabbed it. He even didn't get what happened. Then the Zeus decided to chase me, companied by a faster mech (the ACH maybe) that went back to help the assaults. I lured them waaay back as far away as possible from their team. Lil' bit later there were like 3-4 red doritos in E10, F10. Suddenly almost my whole team appeared in F10 and we wiped those mechs that headed back to chase me.

To my surprise the remaining 3 mechs in H9 could score 3 kills while the main group walked up towards their base behind that mountain in G9/G10. That was odd as they were outnumbered there. Once we reached their base we turned around the mountain and wiped the remaining mechs.

That's what happened. Some guys decided to chase my Ice Ferret squirrel and ended as a road kill... I still don't get how our 3 mechs could survive and even get 3 kills while singled out :blink:

Oh you were that annoying Ferret who ran into me face first while my weapons were cycling. Good play on your part

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Lol. Man people can rationalize anything. So when you have a bad game, and your team loses, and one person on your team has ~1000+ damage, do you blame that person and say "Man, look at that stat wh*re on our team, if only he had played with the team and done as bad as the rest of us, maybe we would have won".

Ridiculous.

I like how people are blaming me for not trying to be a team player when I was the guy who stuck with the mass and didn't abandon anyone and soaked my fair share of damage. Gents, doesn't mean the one guy who did 1000 + damage, doesn't mean he was sitting in the back like a little coward farming damage with ER LL like a sniper raven. Once again Gas, thank you for understanding my point

#48 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 September 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

How can you guess that? He could be in Tier 1 balancing all the rest of the Tier 3 jabronis on his team. By the looks of the end game scores, that is more likely.

You do understand how the teams have a balanced PSR right? Not necessarily all Tier 1s, all Tier 2s, and all Tier 3s. The population won't allow for that.

If he is tier 1 and the others are tier 3 then what's the problem he is doing his job.

#49 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostGalmOne, on 03 September 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

You people are missing the point, me and juju often played together and today i went back to play some soloqueue (couse group queue is broken and takes 15min to find a match) and this is what happened in atleast 5 of my matches today
Posted Image

This **** needs to stop

EDIT: for reading comprehension, i am refering to the fact that players with obviously very different skills are being matched together with obvious results

To be honest that looks like a great match.

Sure you had a couple with low damage numbers but the enemy had 2 great players to counter your great play.

#50 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostJujuShinobi, on 03 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

You assume I'm acting rambo and not trying to get the team to stay together and not split so wide? All I need is the team to stay together and move together then the match will go smoothly. Sadly most either don't read chat or outright ignore it. VOIP you say? I will spout so much toxic **** that I'd rather leave it off
The fact you don't use VOIP because you know it would lead you to being toxic, and the fact you were being toxic in chat in the pic you posted leads me to believe that more often than not the reason people ignore you is because you are an ass with delusions of grandeur. Try calming the heck down and maybe you will find people to be a bit more accommodating.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Ridiculous.
The only person I ever blame is myself. If the team loses it is because we as a group failed to work together toward the objective. It doesn't matter if one of two of us managed to get a decent score if we didn't win the overall objective. The only thing that is ridiculous is the misguided self importance people have.

#51 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:17 AM

Levelling mechs is just a pain the arse now.Been basicing my Thunderbolts and I'm getting my arse handed to me,constantly.Almost rage sold them.
Went back to my elited mechs and low and behold back to normal.
The system is good in that it pits you against same tier opponents,but fighting in an unbasiced mech leaves you at a massive disadvantage.
Grin and bare It I suppose.

#52 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostJujuShinobi, on 03 September 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Oh you were that annoying Ferret who ran into me face first while my weapons were cycling. Good play on your part

I can't remember I ran into you. I only realised you were in the match at the end when you started to chat :)

Yeah I closely cross the FOV of big mean mechs sometimes. If I'm in a fast mech and have plenty of armor left. It distracts them and they try to lead my fast mech which draws away that massive firepower from my teammates.

#53 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 03 September 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

See what may seem like a **** match to one side due to his own personal high score, it was actually a great tactical match by the enemy team to scatter and divide.

Excellent but of scout work. ^_^

Not everything is as cut and dry as I did 1300 damage my team sux. When the enemy team is also great, once a couple die it snowballs, this will always be true.

#54 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostGalmOne, on 03 September 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

This **** needs to stop

What I see is a game of conquest where you tried to play it like skirmish and lost because you and your team were too busy going for kills instead of map objectives. You lost because your teams strategy was bad, not because you couldn't carry hard enough to win.

#55 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 03 September 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

If he is tier 1 and the others are tier 3 then what's the problem he is doing his job.

And the real fun begins on the 22nd.

When we get to see what Tier players are in-game. The whining is going to be so much fun, cannot wait!

#56 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:28 AM

So here's where carry harder topic moved ;)

I know juju's good, but I still have to question the proof of two screenshots. It's always been a pug lottery. MM pulls matches fast as it can now so **** happens. Of course it could be a matter of PSR acting like elo handicap, who knows. Can't tell till Tiers are visible.

Then again I've seen stuff like this also and heard some people say that they feel like putting up a near 1k match in order to win. Anyways it pretty much concerns only the 1% and you can't win every time anyways in solo queue.

I also have a theory that cus of separated queues the rare good ones are partly pulled off the queue by default so you get the next best thing in solo queue.

#57 JagerXII

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:28 AM

Grats, sounds like you have made it to the big leagues. This is what the game has been like for many of us since Elo matchmaker went in. Continue to improve, analyze your mistakes, learn from them, and carry harder in the next drop. Impossible matches do exist but do the best you can and tighten up your play. You will see your soloqueue w/l climb despite the odds.

#58 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 03 September 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

What I see is a game of conquest where you tried to play it like skirmish and lost because you and your team were too busy going for kills instead of map objectives. You lost because your teams strategy was bad, not because you couldn't carry hard enough to win.

Ok, now that you analized my gameplay try to think in reverse and look at it from the point of view of those that couldn't do much for the whole match.
Wouldn't they have had more fun if they played with all players of their similiar skill?

#59 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

Looks like a good match to me. I think I was on the losing side and got two kills in a C4 Catapult and 184 damage; that looks consistent with one of my better outings in the last few days, honestly. That's three times what I usually rack up!

Success is relative. Any time I get a kill-any kill-or break 100 on match score is by definition a good match for me.

#60 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostGalmOne, on 03 September 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

Ok, now that you analized my gameplay try to think in reverse and look at it from the point of view of those that couldn't do much for the whole match.
Wouldn't they have had more fun if they played with all players of their similiar skill?

Your team lost because you all didn't bother with capping. You were in a medium mech and did 900+ damage, but did you or anyone else on your team even pay attention to the caps? The game finished 11 kills to 10 which most would consider a close game although when you factor in how badly you were slaughtered on the map objective it would seem that regardless of individual score you all had a very similar skill set of ignoring the map objectives. You guys all deserved that loss because you guys all equally played poorly. I hate to break it to you, but you all were playing at a similar skill level and lost because of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users