• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostBottomLine, on 04 September 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

And yet you remembered my name- seemed my tactic worked.

Heres some free advice: If you are uber sensitive, find a teddy to hug. I forgot about you after we dropped, and had to have a fellow member who dropped with me that night remind me about the laughs we had at your responses.

Seems i made a bigger impact on you than you did me.

Actually, it was the opposite, I was laughing so hard that you got offended by the use of a 3 letter word the the point where you threatened to have your "whole unit" mute me, and then at the end of the match, we saw who really did the work. So, I guess I'm happy to hear your side was laughing at me. Because my side did quite the same too.

Atlas's aren't just for tanking damage you know bro. Also bro, I'm glad you made a separate post just to address me, helps to bring light upon the situation bro! :)

Bro.

Edited by Bows3r, 04 September 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#62 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostBows3r, on 04 September 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Actually, it was the opposite, I was laughing so hard that you got offended by the use of a 3 letter word the the point where you threatened to have your "whole unit" mute me, and then at the end of the match, we saw who really did the work. So, I guess I'm happy to hear your side was laughing at me. Because my side did quite the same too.

Atlas's aren't just for tanking damage you know bro. Also bro, I'm glad you made a separate post just to address me, helps to bring light upon the situation bro! :)

Bro.

and yet youre still pushing a point that has been given 2 voices. grow up kid. no one cares about your cries. keep pushing this and you will turn it into a jerry springer episode. my point is to be respectful. i am not your kin nor do you know me to be so formal. learn and move on.

View PostL e 0, on 05 September 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

So it IS more about self gratification and promoting yourself! you are bad, the tactics are bad no one would try to call over someone like you even someone better because you just dominate the coms with rubbish. A real caller does not call like this, so even if there was someone more experienced you would just drown them out with your trash.

This is not about calling this is about you loving your voice you love role-playing army general to feel better about your poor actual skill level and insecurities this is evident in you trying to debunk better teams by saying they hide and stat pad and just seek a high kd when they would crush you in a team match feel free to prove that theory wrong if you actual want to step up and try it.

look at the post sourounding this subject and find where you fall into. end of comment for you kid.

#63 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostBottomLine, on 03 September 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

So, it comes to my attention that there is a Tug-O-War between respect and hate for what i bring to the table for both solo, and teamed drop games I am in. This post is to give both sides room to speak their peace and vent frustrations in my game styles, as well as give understandings in what and why i do what I do.

...I'm confused, who are you exactly? :huh:

#64 seye

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

Your running commentary on the game reminded me of this (20 seconds in)

Edited by seye, 15 September 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#65 Charlie Ascende

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

WORSHIP MeEeEeEeEeeee!!!

#66 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:48 AM

Ill chime in here as well. seeing as he said that he has played with everyone and I definitely see myself as a part of everyone... Ive never seen you before or you never popped up on my relevancy radar ;) .

As for dropleading... definitely carry on no matter what any hater says. The MWO community has far too few players who have the ability to droplead or the willingness, balls and patience to learn it.
However, most important of all is to learn how to droplead well. Doing it is the first major step in the right direction, now you just have to learn the skills and tools of the trade.
As others have said earlier; less is sometimes more. A continuous wall of verbal spam is not dropleading, that is only babbling and will be tuned out by just about every player because it reaches a level of distraction too high to be able to concentrate any more. On the other hand, a droplead who is silent for too long looses the attention of his teammates and they will tend to space out while waiting for the next order.
Keeping the flow of commands but limiting it to the necessary information is what you need to do. Commenting on something which is already happening is useless information, commenting on what you have planned next in a quiet time between engagements is vital for players to know what to expect.
Concentrate on learning what must be said and when as well as what should not be said and why not and you can only improve.
Btw. The only time where verbal spam is actually useful, is during an intense close range firefight. Repeating the full Nato letter designation, mech type and target section (torso/legs) of the primary target is needed to keep from players tunnel visioning on other targets. For example "Beta Timberwolf legs, Beta Timberwolf legs, Beta Timberwolf legs. Down. Next target. Gamma Black knight Torso open,Gamma Black knight Torso " and so on. Once the brawl is past its prime you slow down as well, so that players can again concentrate on mopping up the rest.

#67 ReverseBurgler

• Pip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

I tried role-playing military marching band with my harmonica...i even played taps...it was all for bottomline but i dont think he appreciated a full immersion experience like i had hoped

:____;

#68 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:24 PM

holy necro

#69 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

here take this

#70 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:19 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 11 April 2016 - 05:48 AM, said:

Ill chime in here as well. seeing as he said that he has played with everyone and I definitely see myself as a part of everyone... Ive never seen you before or you never popped up on my relevancy radar Posted Image .

As for dropleading... definitely carry on no matter what any hater says. The MWO community has far too few players who have the ability to droplead or the willingness, balls and patience to learn it.
However, most important of all is to learn how to droplead well. Doing it is the first major step in the right direction, now you just have to learn the skills and tools of the trade.
As others have said earlier; less is sometimes more. A continuous wall of verbal spam is not dropleading, that is only babbling and will be tuned out by just about every player because it reaches a level of distraction too high to be able to concentrate any more. On the other hand, a droplead who is silent for too long looses the attention of his teammates and they will tend to space out while waiting for the next order.
Keeping the flow of commands but limiting it to the necessary information is what you need to do. Commenting on something which is already happening is useless information, commenting on what you have planned next in a quiet time between engagements is vital for players to know what to expect.
Concentrate on learning what must be said and when as well as what should not be said and why not and you can only improve.
Btw. The only time where verbal spam is actually useful, is during an intense close range firefight. Repeating the full Nato letter designation, mech type and target section (torso/legs) of the primary target is needed to keep from players tunnel visioning on other targets. For example "Beta Timberwolf legs, Beta Timberwolf legs, Beta Timberwolf legs. Down. Next target. Gamma Black knight Torso open,Gamma Black knight Torso " and so on. Once the brawl is past its prime you slow down as well, so that players can again concentrate on mopping up the rest.

Had you actually played with him, you would realize he should stop leading entirely.
His 100 ton Atlas with it's grand 200 ish damage in three games does not qualify him to lead anyone.

#71 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

lol, i am only 1 player on a 12 man team. if my damage is low in my DDC it is due to all failing as a team. i could post many of my great games. but it wont change the troll tactics here. when i drop with a good team with 0 trolls (quick play or group que'd) i do well. my lead tactics keep me in tier 2. if i could avoid all the trolls on my team there would be no reason i couldn't hold my tier 1 status that i flux in and out of.

but please, feel free to keep it up. i love all the free publicity

#72 Charlie Ascende

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostBottomLine, on 29 April 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

lol, i am only 1 player on a 12 man team. if my damage is low in my DDC it is due to all failing as a team. i could post many of my great games. but it wont change the troll tactics here. when i drop with a good team with 0 trolls (quick play or group que'd) i do well. my lead tactics keep me in tier 2. if i could avoid all the trolls on my team there would be no reason i couldn't hold my tier 1 status that i flux in and out of.

but please, feel free to keep it up. i love all the free publicity

I love you too. :'D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users