• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

View Post1453 R, on 06 September 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

What this thread actually means:

"Piranha, please remove Clan 'Mechs from the game. I don't really care that people have spent hundreds of dollars on them and that there's a ground-up rebalance coming - I don't like Clan 'Mechs and would like you to take them out of MWO. Thank you."

Odds of this happening:

Posted Image

You can take that big 0 as a rating of your reading comprehension. You obviously misunderstood completely.

Clan mechs have a place in the game, but currently the top clan mechs are unquestionably the best mechs in every class.
That is not balance.
I only want an option to exclude myself from playing with or against clan mechs, because for several reasons explained above I think that would make a more fun game for me.
I do not want to change anything for those that want to play with clan mechs.

Edited by Yellonet, 06 September 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#62 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

View Post1453 R, on 06 September 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

What this thread actually means:

"Piranha, please remove Clan 'Mechs from the game. I don't really care that people have spent hundreds of dollars on them and that there's a ground-up rebalance coming - I don't like Clan 'Mechs and would like you to take them out of MWO. Thank you."

Odds of this happening:

Posted Image

Seriously dude?

From what I see, he's just looking for another filter option to be added, nothing more.

We've got game mode filter, region filter, a third filter would not hurt that much. It would just look something like this...

Game Mode: Region: Tech:
Assault European Clan Only
Conquest North American Clan vs IS
Skirmish Oceanic IS Only

That's how I see it, I'm surprised you can't see it that way.

#63 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:49 AM

And what happens when the rebalance comes out, Clan gear is significantly degraded, and yet people still, still, STILL believe that a single Timber Wolf piloted by a cantaloupe can wipe an entire team of twelve top-echelon Spheroid 'Mechs piloted by ultracomp ladder winners, then go on to shoot down all their dropships before moving on to break out of the servers and take over the world with unstoppable military might?

I like Clan 'Mechs. I like Clan gear, I like the fact that Clan lasers are not pointless wastes of space, I like the Clans as a storyline element to the BattleTech universe. I like that they forced the Inner Sphere - for a while - to stop being stupid beyond comprehension and wake up for a few decades. I like the characters, I like the mythos. I like the Clans.

But since eighty percent of the playerbase considers a semi-competently built Gargoyle to be a threat beyond their ability to cope with in their LRM-10, SRM-4, AC/5, two medium lasers and a flamer Centurions on STD engine, armor, and structure with SHS...the 'I like Clans' playerbase gets to be shunted into a player bucket half the size of the Oceanic servers?

Screw that. Wait for the rebalance, then play with whatever's opposite you. The Arctic Cheetah's getting dequirked in two days, the Clans are going to take huge hits in the upcoming rebalance. if we can put up with that, you guys can put up with us.

#64 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

View Post1453 R, on 06 September 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

And what happens when the rebalance comes out, Clan gear is significantly degraded, and yet people still, still, STILL believe that a single Timber Wolf piloted by a cantaloupe can wipe an entire team of twelve top-echelon Spheroid 'Mechs piloted by ultracomp ladder winners, then go on to shoot down all their dropships before moving on to break out of the servers and take over the world with unstoppable military might?

I like Clan 'Mechs. I like Clan gear, I like the fact that Clan lasers are not pointless wastes of space, I like the Clans as a storyline element to the BattleTech universe. I like that they forced the Inner Sphere - for a while - to stop being stupid beyond comprehension and wake up for a few decades. I like the characters, I like the mythos. I like the Clans.

But since eighty percent of the playerbase considers a semi-competently built Gargoyle to be a threat beyond their ability to cope with in their LRM-10, SRM-4, AC/5, two medium lasers and a flamer Centurions on STD engine, armor, and structure with SHS...the 'I like Clans' playerbase gets to be shunted into a player bucket half the size of the Oceanic servers?

Screw that. Wait for the rebalance, then play with whatever's opposite you. The Arctic Cheetah's getting dequirked in two days, the Clans are going to take huge hits in the upcoming rebalance. if we can put up with that, you guys can put up with us.

I thought that only the quirks are getting reassigned based on PGI's "BattleValue" tier system, rather than reworking all of the tech itself?

#65 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

I thought that only the quirks are getting reassigned based on PGI's "BattleValue" tier system, rather than reworking all of the tech itself?

The BV system is apparently not the Sept 22nd patch. That will probably be in another month or two, maybe longer.

The Sept 22nd patch is something completely different.

#66 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

OK, let's say that everything you said is true, I really, really don't think it is, but for now let's say it's true.
Then you want 80% of players to play in a way they do not want, because 20% wants them to?

View PostAlan Davion, on 06 September 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

The BV system is apparently not the Sept 22nd patch. That will probably be in another month or two, maybe longer.

The Sept 22nd patch is something completely different.

Wh- wha- what?!

#67 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostYellonet, on 05 September 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Another thing, the "meta", IMO is mostly also a problem with clan mechs, sure IS mechs also have meta builds, but I don't think they are as powerful as the clan meta builds, as such we would somewhat get away from meta gaming as excluding clan tech would make more IS builds viable.

Considering that IS meta is currently 3 ERLL/LPL/LL + something else, or beam spam + ballistics...

If you are not seeing meta builds in your drops, you are either not recognizing the meta, or you are well into the steering wheel club.

Reality of the situation is frankly that there are some IS meta mechs that put lots of the clan mechs to shame, and worst case are on par:

KGC-000/0000
BNC-3E/3M
BLR-1S/1G
STK-4N/Misery
TDR-5SS/9S/9SE
DRG-1N
WVR-6K
GRF-2N
CN9-YLW/A
HBK-GI/4G/4P
CDA-3M/2B
RVN-2X/3L/Huginn
FS9-A/S

So, all of your IS only matches would only end up being mostly those anyway...because people will always be out there "playing to win".

#68 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostYellonet, on 06 September 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

Wh- wha- what?!

Yeah, I'd also like to know the source/sauce on that one...

#69 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

You and I are so often on the same page man :P

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

LOL! Yeah...not what is coming out of the workshop these days...

According to a reliable source...this has been coming for a long, Long, *LONG* time. This is going to be far more than a quirks pass, and if this straw does not break the camel's back, and does not make the player base happy...toss in the towel...because this is *THE* big balance pass before steam...

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Yeah, no it is coming round about the last half of this month, they may push it the first patch in Oct...but not beyond that for sure.

#70 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 September 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

If you are not seeing meta builds in your drops, you are either not recognizing the meta, or you are well into the steering wheel club.
LOL, I may be new, but at least I know that this game is best played with joystick, just look in the mech!
I'm looking into getting a throttle too as only having buttons on joystick to forward backward is difficult, got any recommendations?

#71 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostYellonet, on 06 September 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

LOL, I may be new, but at least I know that this game is best played with joystick, just look in the mech!
I'm looking into getting a throttle too as only having buttons on joystick to forward backward is difficult, got any recommendations?

Yes...Razer Naga Ultimate + Corsair K70

#72 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 September 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Yes...Razer Naga Ultimate + Corsair K70

I already have keyboard and mouse <_<

#73 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostYellonet, on 06 September 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

Wh- wha- what?!

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Bada-Bing Bada-Boom, ask and ye shall receive.

http://mwomercs.com/...ember-road-map/

Mech rebalance - Not to be confused with Table top battle value but think of it as an all inclusive new balance pass on the game. In short it includes putting every mech in the game into a new document. Analyzing all aspects of that mech from it's geometry shape, placement of hard points, number of hard points and assigning a value. The resulting value is then used in a balancing matrix which focuses on 4 key properties of a 'Mech; firepower, mobility, protection and sensors. With this information we work on quirks and other aspects of the mechs to attempt to achieve the best balance possible. We expect to have a public test or two with the full pass in early September.

So, basically the Re-Re-Quirkening.

#74 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 06 September 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Bada-Bing Bada-Boom, ask and ye shall receive.

http://mwomercs.com/...ember-road-map/

So, basically the Re-Re-Quirkening.

That's what I said before, but then you said there would be something else in September instead of the re-re-quirkening...

Edited by FupDup, 06 September 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#75 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 06 September 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

We've got game mode filter, region filter, a third filter would not hurt that much. It would just look something like this...

Basic arithmetic says you're wrong.

Group queue is currently 1/3 the size of solo queue.

Give solo queue an option that splits them into 3 groups, and they will each average the same population as group queue.

Group queue's population is too low to effectively match ... well, anything.

Therefore nope.

QED

Edited by Vlad Ward, 06 September 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#76 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

This game doesn't need PvE

People want it though

The pvp que gets smaller and smaller until the game closes because not enough people play it..

Here's a thought

Supposing they make it only accessible to those with premium time ;)

#77 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostCathy, on 06 September 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

This game doesn't need PvE

People want it though

The pvp que gets smaller and smaller until the game closes because not enough people play it..

Here's a thought

Supposing they make it only accessible to those with premium time ;)

Maybe it's more because people are tired of the same stale-as-hell PvP gameplay?

These days I have a pretty good idea how a match is going to go as soon as I see the assembled teams... That's not fun, that's recognizing a pattern... Namely a downward spiral. And that's bad. Very, very bad indeed.

PvE needs to be added to the game, at the very least to CW so in the event of a match that comes up with no attackers or defenders, depending on the situation, there will be AI-mechs to fight instead.

The PvP queue is getting smaller because of what I just said, and now you want to make it so only people with premium time can get in? :blink:

No offense, but that's got to be the single worst suggestion I've ever heard here on these forums. Take an already dwindling player population and slash it even further. Brilliant. Might as well just shut the game down completely in that event.

#78 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

Having an IS only option will not change anything, quirks will not be eased, so the same mechs will be used time after time, it will not make other builds more viable, in fact it's likely to reduce them.

stock mech option is they only way to force change in matches, and not very many will put up with an assault that over heats after its fired a half an alpha three or four times

#79 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

I'll be honest I always thought the game would have been better if it just took place in the wars between the IS houses and didn't have the clans... but I don't mind the clams now they're here either

#80 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 06 September 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Maybe it's more because people are tired of the same stale-as-hell PvP gameplay?

These days I have a pretty good idea how a match is going to go as soon as I see the assembled teams... That's not fun, that's recognizing a pattern... Namely a downward spiral. And that's bad. Very, very bad indeed.

PvE needs to be added to the game, at the very least to CW so in the event of a match that comes up with no attackers or defenders, depending on the situation, there will be AI-mechs to fight instead.

The PvP queue is getting smaller because of what I just said, and now you want to make it so only people with premium time can get in? :blink:

No offense, but that's got to be the single worst suggestion I've ever heard here on these forums. Take an already dwindling player population and slash it even further. Brilliant. Might as well just shut the game down completely in that event.

if you noticed I winked at the end

As to PvE in this game, the new project that PGI has fingers in names forgotten, by the bunch that did shadow run, is going to be PvE so I doubt that this platform will have a real PvE mode.

The writing is on the wall for this title there isn't enough of a player base for two games of this franchise, and many here will flock to the new game, for varying reasons.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users