Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Sept 10Th 5Pm Pdt

259 replies to this topic

#141 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

In your training demo, you demonstrated the ability to have colored smoke. Have you ever considered giving us a limited smoke shot to get our teammates attention to danger? Should be team specific or it will get tossed out if the enemy starts to confuse the team with false messages.

#142 Nayous

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:20 AM

Mechselection-improvements:
  • Will we get some kind of "favourite-tab"? (as it was long long time ago)
  • There a lot of space for new tabs: Can we get "CW-Dropdeck-Tabs"?

#143 Antidote X

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:07 AM

Are there any considerations to have the old versions of River City/ Forest Colony, retooled for the upcoming 4 vs 4 scout missions? I feel that while the new updates are very good, they are quite large.

Have there been any design considerations for smaller versions of each map when the 4 v 4 missions launch. Thanks

#144 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 10 September 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

Why are there so many bad mech quirks?

Seems to be 2 themes.
Mech quirks that make 1 variant useable, while they rest are obviously inferior trash. (eg: Drg-1N)
Mech quirks that would be better on another variant (eg: MAL-2P UAC quirk should be on the MAL-1P)

Dragon 1N is just a derp momment where someone thought it was a good idea for a 50% quirk (it NEVER is... well hunchback 4J seems like an acception but nothing else...)

The later: what do you mean? I think the UAC quirk on the MAL 2P is perfect. Makes good use of those twin ballistic hardpoints.

#145 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:12 AM

After the discussion on the forums, what is the word on solo player being able to opt into the group queue? Also allowing groups of 2 or 3 to be able to drop in the solo query to allow people showing friends the game to not have the horrible time of getting stomped by comp 12 man's?

#146 Creepus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:16 AM

When will be new IS pack announced?
Will it be called "Counter strike pack" or something and will be Bushwacker in it?

Edited by Creepus, 10 September 2015 - 04:19 AM.

#147 Stublerone

Rookie

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

I am pretty much a new player, although I already played some matches in the earlier days.
After reading through many comments here and after talking with some mech enthusiasts and even MWLL players, I took some questions for what seems to be a general problem or my personal opinion, what should be a subject:

1.) Can you please explain your plans and what your target with the rebalance is? Involve us, because we have many players, that really would like to care together with you! Use that tool and give us a bit transparency. I only see it in my perspective and I must say: Transparency and getting needed info on noobs questions to get started are rarely seen and documented. Please start with it and involve the community. It can only benefit.

2.) ECM, GECM, active/passive radar switch: Something I see in MWLL and I like that additional layer of going active/passive and/or use the teams GECM mechs to provide information.

3.) The role of a lightmech as scouter and not damage dealer. Please dont slap me, but in general, the lights are more like battle armors in my opinion. They should be more fragile and it should be a skill and a thrill to scout with them and provide information to the team. I currently dont like it to go in with my cheetah and brawl through 4-6 Heavies and Assaults and simply do not care too much.

4.) Hitboxes and an information about that? Many noobs like me struggle to deal damage not because we are too dumb to steer the mechs currectly and have aim problems....I personally struggle on my knowledge where to shoot. Getting to know hitboxes is something, that should be explained somewhere. I would love to see all the mechs with hitboxes (like the tanks in war thunder), so that I can inform myself, what I did wrong last time....besides being always to slow to read the damage information of my oponents and go for the weakest parts... (but that is my own lack of skill).

5.) 2-4 player matchmaking: I have HUGE problems with the current method. Not only do I have to wait longer with just one friend. I also have to struggle with huge groups with their own teamspeak communication. I would like to see at least a 2 and 3 player group joining matches together with single players.

Sorry, if there are wrong facts in my post....be kind! :)

Summarized my main probs: Light mechs are not really fulfilling the role that you would think of and they also move like there is no mech (nearly like a heavy battle armor), the ECM problem and involving the community through giving them more information of what you really aim for in balancing....

#148 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:25 AM

When will I get score/Cbills for AMS-support in my Kit Fox? It's fun, but not very rewarding, financially.

#149 Eyepop

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:58 AM

When are Flamers and Machine Guns going to get buffed or changed into usefulness?

When are we going to see the quirks rework hit the test servers?

#150 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

Are there any plans for another charity event like 'Sarah's Jenner' in 2013?

#151 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:20 AM

Regarding possible Steam entry;
Have you been thinking about making it easier for new players to get up to speed by tweaking their earnings or giving a freebie mech.

As it now stands, new Steam player will be able to afford a light/medium and kit it out to be usable. They will have to play quite a lot to get two more same chassis mechs and get them elited. Discounts for first mechs?

#152 Thomas May

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:33 AM

View PostThomas May, on 10 September 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

On behalf of the Aseveljet unit, I would like to ask the following question regarding player retention and new player experience

Could you consider giving a free mech package to the players who complete the Cadet bonuses? "As a reward for becoming a certified Mechwarrior." I believe many new players currently quit the game because of the amount of grind to get the first mechs.

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 10 September 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Regarding possible Steam entry;
Have you been thinking about making it easier for new players to get up to speed by tweaking their earnings or giving a freebie mech.

As it now stands, new Steam player will be able to afford a light/medium and kit it out to be usable. They will have to play quite a lot to get two more same chassis mechs and get them elited. Discounts for first mechs?

Have to bump your post Haakon, as we are on the same lines about stuff. This clearly needs attention.

#153 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:46 AM

Do you really still insist about buffing ECM with 90m range?

How about Stock for dying CW?

What about promised Stock Button?

#154 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:53 AM

PVE: I'm sure it's still a ways out, but you must have some kind of general scope you can share and get feedback on. What can you tell us? Story campaigns or generic hoard mode? Paid DLC or Free? Continuous content or one and done?

#155 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:58 AM

Russ, it's been 3 years since you removed convergence as a concern for mechs and made your skill trees a little less comprehensive than they had been.

When can we expect to see a rework to the pilot skill trees to be 1) more comprehensive and customize -able and 2) also benefiting specific set ups in new an interesting ways?

#156 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

Will the Pretty Baby be made more agile? The initial release of the mech made many think it was a fast and agile assault, but then it got deceleration quirks and now it doesn't have the appropriate agility quirks for it to live up to the initial vision of the mech.

The awesome high hard points are fine, but we all know that high mounted missile points are flat out inferior to high mounted energy and ballistic points. The mech is encouraged to use a high XL engine but does not have the high mounts or speed/agility quirks to make any use of it.

As for Hardpoints, 3 LL is a thing for the IS and the PB can't take advantage of it. Another energy point in the RT would be swoll.

#157 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

View Postfoundryguy, on 09 September 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Will non-Omnipod Clan mechs be introduced?

The IIC mechs are clan battlemechs.... IE non-omnis.

#158 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:27 AM

QUESTION - Any chance Inverse Kinetics get added back into the game anytime soon? It goes a long way to giving BattleMechs weight and looked great. You can only see an Atlas hovering on the edge of a slope so many times without having immersion broken.

#159 THOR HAMMER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNEVADA

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Greetings, will we see a comstar resistance pack maybe with green hud with some new weapons ? Love the new forest colony but I miss the old one any plans on adding it to the rotation again ? Last question when will we see ai added in a new game mode like siege mode or base defense really have been waiting for this would love to drop 12 pilots vs 24 ai or more with a little story ?.

#160 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

any further tweaks coming for the assault class JJ's?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users