Desert Rats <DRs>

308 replies to this topic

#1 Hohokam

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

<B> All

The Desert Rats will be active for MWO and to serve as Marik unit. We have served many House Marik units over the years since 1996. If you interesting in joining send me a message.

#2 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

House Marik aligned Merc Corps?
Or direct House Marik Mech Crew?

#3 Coo-ee

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

is this an aussie clan mate ?/

#4 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

The Dessert Rats are a direct House unit.

#5 PalinRMA

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

It is good to see the Desert Rats back.

#6 Ito Ogami

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

View Postviper222, on 07 July 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Howdy,

The DR's are an old Solaris unit that has been loyal to the House since then. As for it's name may Hoho can fill you in. They were also one of the largest units in House Marik back then.

#7 Rot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSt Louis Mo.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

The DR's just won't go away lol. We have always been loyal to *M*

#8 FunkyLilElf

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Always loyal, and always smelly...courtesy of Baboo :) I used to be Elf. Now I am FunkyLilElf because I hung around Babs too much and picked up a bit of his funk.

It's good to be back, and I am getting incredibly antsy to get my BETA INVITE PREEEZZ!

Elf

#9 DPain

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 31 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRaleigh/Durham, NC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Howdy - Not sure what I am going to do until after we see how matching is going to happen but - good to know your out there.

See you in game soon.

#10 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Might be interested.
Based upon your profile, I beleive your time zone matches mine.

Few Qs, though.

This group has existed before which implies some organizational experience. Any details on org style? Mech pool that spontaneously forms lances? Command structure that organizes lances as they deem most effective? Other?

PST time zone works? Other zones also?

Forum/voip resources available?

Thanks

#11 Hohokam

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

To examine the history of Desert Rats, you must first look back to a stable called WOLF's MARAUDERS *M*. Wolfs Marauders were formed in November of 1996 by a pilot named DarkWolf. One of the first members of WM was an inexperienced pilot, Msgt Antonn. Antonn quickly made Lance commander in WM and attained the rank of Lt.Jg. During this time Antonn recruited several newbie pilots like Qazal, (Elf and Qazal where sharing Qazal's account at this time), Hohokam, Thunder, Mcgraw, Thresher, Doltar, and Sprocket.

As the month of December grew to a close, WM's Commander left Battletech, causing the stable to break up and leaving an excellent group of pilots without a home. During this period of uncertainty, LtJg Anton and Sgt. Hohokam decided to form there own stable the DESERT RATS *M*. Antonn took this group of pilots and transplanted them into his new stable. During the first few weeks of Desert Rats, some important members were recruited, pilots like Lev Arris, Danrik, Madmac, Brakor, Lockecole, and Elf officially joined Desert Rats under his own account. Desert Rats was barely a company strong, but, it was a strong core group of people. During this time Maj Anton was approached by General Dalette and officially made Desert Rats into a full regiment. At that time it was known as 2nd Marik Guards. Desert Rats grew quickly during this time breaking the 25 member mark.

Just as everything seemed to be going well, General Dalette was fired and the Marik Guards was disbanded. Desert Rats was transferred to the Marik Militia by General Ghiest. Desert Rats were then known as the 9th Marik Militia. After this transfer, Desert Rats began to grow quickly, some important new members were added to the regiment like, Baboo, Maddog, Graley, Siyes, Cauthorn, Ogrim, Thunderhead, KingFang, Mekkillah, Scalphunter, and later Noisemaker and Slayer. These new members helped the Desert Rats grow past the 50 member mark. After this expansion, over the next few months Desert Rats grew to almost 100 members with the addition of a few new units.

At this point LtCol. Antonn was promoted to LtGen as AoO and regrettably left the Desert Rats. Danrik was made RCO of the Desert Rats after Antonn's leaving. Desert Rats were then transferred to the 12th Marik Militia and opened its first expansion Regiment, KOH. Desert Rats went through some tough times, first the ATI crisis, which caused many stables and members to leave Marik. Somehow the Desert Rats managed to stay together, with a great amount of members still around. Danrik was then promoted to AoO. Elf became the new commanding officer of the Desert Rats around June 1997.
A rumor arose that AOL was going to charge for Battletech, and there was a mass exodus from Desert Rats. A lot of flaming was going on the message boards, and Elf had resigned from Marik. Baboo took command in early July in an attempt to keep the stable together. By now, the pricing plan was no longer a rumor, but it was now fact. The Desert Rats Message board was flooded with resignation posts. Until August, nothing happened, Solaris became a barren desert and it seemed the Desert Rats were finished.
In August 14th 1997 Maj. Trygon was promoted to Regimental Commander, and Hohokam returned as RXO. Hohokam was missing in action for a short time since April as he created the Allied Forces as RCO of the Black Ogres. A number of men were promoted to fill in empty lance spots and a new position was created, Morale officer. Mekkillah was promoted to fill this new position.

Compiled By Gen.Antonn
Updated by Morale Officer(Msgt.)Mekkillah<R12MO><DRs>*M*

Edited by Hohokam, 13 July 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#12 Antonn

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

<S> DRs and HoHo!

Heya Elf!

Good to see DRs still around!

Did I see someone mention Baboo a few posts up ? ;)

Wow! I cant believe you still have that History Doc Hoho!! When did you and I write that ? like 1995 or something ? LOL

#13 Antonn

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hoho, how do I get back into the DRs ? do I need to fill out an application ? :huh:

#14 Hohokam

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

LOL

Your on the roster already.

Hoho

#15 LittleGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

View Postviper222, on 07 July 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Doesn't look like it mate since none of them get the reference.

#16 Dalemart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

That is one heck of a history lesson Hohokam. :ph34r:

#17 Hohokam

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

LOL I am a real pack rat when comes to MPBT. It is good to see <Savage Dragoons> again. <VDB>

#18 Baboo

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

Greets to all!

Good to see you Antonn...I won't even speak of the rumors I had heard about you but it is a relief to see you again <smacks Elf for false babble>

Can't wait to see Antonn in an Atlas again. I remember well your skill in driving those beasties.

As the Aussie Question....nope...and we don't drive jeeps either.

<S>

Baboo

#19 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi! Just signed up for MWO!

I was in the DRs back when the game was Battletech:Solaris. I believe the character I played in the DRs was named Overmind. Some of the people I remember are Mishka, Snowman, Prowler, DangToy, and I rememeber talking to a Steiner pilot names Mechbob a lot... Probably around 1996-1997 or so. I ran Cats, Jenners and Wolverines mostly. I remember the DRs sort of falling apart at one point, and I ended up over in HK with a different charracter for some reason (Judicator).

it;s all really hazy, and i did play in Steiner briefly when i first started, so I might be mixing up pilots from different stables. *shrugs*

#20 Rot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSt Louis Mo.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

I remember ya Over! Good to have you around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users