Ptr Balance Test... What A Mess...

431 replies to this topic

#261 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostElizander, on 11 September 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

What I don't get is why they'd add no structure quirks to the Battlemaster variant that has armor quirks right now.

Actually, scratch that, I think they forgot to put most of the Battlemaster positive quirks in because they are all red and negative.

well dude just be glad you are not driving an aws8r, because they clearly thought my 80 tonner should move like a dwf.
that makes tons of sense

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 September 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

What about it? I think the 9s is in a good place along with the stk4n after they nerfed them. Heck the Stk is almost stock. The dragon 50% ac might be a little bit op. My wvr 6r has 40% and feels very balanced.
The gird even with 50% is below average. I seen lots of people run ac5 over the 25% extra gauss.

i actually have nothing to worry about with the erppc tdr any more;
mechs have come that are stronger straight up like the ebon jag and the mauler now

it really was never that big a deal gettin shot with 10s repeatedly, as long as you can shoot back with a 15 or a 20 and move out... it's easy

#262 Scorch454

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKarbala

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:53 AM

There is a lot of panic over something that is not even close to being done yet. I think it can go either way at this point and I know from what has happened in the past to be a bit nervous as far as the final outcome of all this.

Even with all the fail things that has happened in the past I think at this point it would be wise just to see what happens with all this before getting your panties in a bunch. If things are indeed screwed than flame on boys but lets see what happens in the weeks to come.

Yes, things seem to be a mess right now in the PT but things do need to change I just hope to the mech gods that this will be a course correction and not outright kill what is left of the game.

#263 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:56 AM

PGI needs professional help. Player feedback is great to find out what's wrong with your game but isn't as great for finding solutions. Getting Paul to fix things wont work either. They need a game design consultant.

#264 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostScorch Radick, on 12 September 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

There is a lot of panic over something that is not even close to being done yet.

And is also scheduled to go live on the 22nd. 10 days to fix that mess. ggclose.

#265 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

The fact that you still can't get a game on the PTS should be telling.

#266 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostAmsro, on 12 September 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

And is also scheduled to go live on the 22nd. 10 days to fix that mess. ggclose.

Russ said its no way going live until at least Oct and maybe never if its not better than what we have now.

#267 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostSaltBeef, on 11 September 2015 - 08:47 PM, said:

The pain will pass and you will find that you can go on with life..................!

... and without MWO.

#268 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

How does their BV work?

#269 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 12 September 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

How does their BV work?

It doesn't.

#270 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostKodyn, on 12 September 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

I think the biggest problem here, and the reason we're seeing so many pretty extreme reactions, is this looks like a joke.

The devs admitted that this system was created by running an algorithm through a computer...not by taking feedback from players, not from playtesting, not from the facts of what makes mechs powerful or not powerful.

When the entire basis of the system isn't even man-made or logical at all, we know that there's no way the system is in any way going to work or make sense. They'd need to scrap this entire algorithm they're using, and actually try to balance the game based on facts.

When it looks like they aren't even paying attention to what came out of the computer, 1st stage, preliminary test, whatever, it's sure as hell going to scare some people. Why even release this on PTS, if you've as a dev taken a look at it and realize how ridiculous the whole thing looks? If they haven't checked out their own results, it's an oversight. If they have, then they have absolutely zero idea how their own game plays, what it needs for balance, etc. It's scary stuff, thus, the reactions.

Kind of makes you wonder if they even bothered to look at the numbers before they pushed this out to the test server. Actually, it doesn't. You KNOW nobody from PGI even glanced at them before they implemented the "balance fixes" to the PTS. If they had, 280% yaw rate on the EXE and the buffs to the TBR don't even make sense to rabid clanners. A -3500% debuff to ANYTHING doesn't make sense.

They just pushed the numbers and waited for the squawking. Or, perhaps, they actually believed this would be well received and would only need minor tweaks. In which case, I'd prefer they hadn't glanced at them. At least that way we could go on believing that the balance crew was at least in the vicinity of normal human intelligence.

#271 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostFupDup, on 12 September 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

It doesn't.

#272 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 12 September 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

lol

#273 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

I´m still shocked!

Is this the great rebalance? Nerfing IS Mechs and buff Clan mechs. I dont understand this.

LRMs are virtually dead because nobody (except lights) can effective spot (short/medium range) anymore. And lights normaly do their own thing what i can understand because its better paid. All my LRM boats (about 25 out of 158) are nearly useless at the present state. Grats to all the laser/gauss/ppc vomiters!

Information/role warfare is something else. Roleplay with lights is possible in group queue when there is an agreement about a special group composition. But in pug matches? I dont think that works. Same for other mech classes.

Remove all weapon quirks for idiotic structure(?!?) buffs?

Wow nice! That really compensates for the clan range advantage. My IS mech with destroyed weapons can humble 2 more steps on the battlefield before it dies. :blink: a gamechanger!

Btw i have the masakari pack. i looked at those mechs too. i saw more buffs as before. Maybe im to dumb to understand the deeper cause of the whole thing. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!

I have nearly all IS hero mechs. You f..... them all (poor Quarantine)!

I wanted to play a match but didnt get one at the time i was on the pts. i only visited the training grounds with some mechs.

It will be hard work to nerf the clan mechs down to IS level again. :wacko:

Now i have no more time to write here because its double xp weekend and i have to master some mechs. That wont be possible anymore if this "rebalance" goes online.

(maybe there is a bit of overstatement and irony in some cases but essentially everything is correct, at least as i see it atm)

#274 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 September 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Russ said its no way going live until at least Oct and maybe never if its not better than what we have now.

Yeah Oct 6

...and everytime they have done this they ignored feedback and run what they brung, to the tune of a YEAR to fix mechlab 2-point-slow.

#275 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

a gamechanger!

pgi kept using that word... LOL

now we know what it changed.

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Yeah Oct 6

...and everytime they have done this they ignored feedback and run what they brung, to the tune of a YEAR to fix mechlab 2-point-slow.

that is completely accurate, sadly.

#276 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 12 September 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

pgi kept using that word... LOL

now we know what it changed.

that is completely accurate, sadly.

Yeah I was happier in the dark

#277 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

People talk about weapon quirks like they make mechs competitive.

Even with the weapon quirks my mechs are outmatched. So I don't think I will feel that much of a difference.

#278 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Gotta admit that -UAC jam rate was pretty handy.

Out of all of them, I will miss -% heatgen for IS weapons.. alot.

#279 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostTimberwolf581, on 12 September 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

So I don't think I will feel that much of a difference.

GO try it.

#280 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 September 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

And yet Russ also said.

September 22nd

Blacknight Battlemech - Dead sexy IS laser vomit.

New Tutorial - I will let you all experience it for yourselves without much to spoil it but I think all will agree that it represents an enormous improvement over any past efforts and begins to tease towards a future in MWO where PvE missions will exist.

Mech rebalance - Not to be confused with Table top battle value but think of it as an all inclusive new balance pass on the game. In short it includes putting every mech in the game into a new document. Analyzing all aspects of that mech from it's geometry shape, placement of hard points, number of hard points and assigning a value. The resulting value is then used in a balancing matrix which focuses on 4 key properties of a 'Mech; firepower, mobility, protection and sensors. With this information we work on quirks and other aspects of the mechs to attempt to achieve the best balance possible. We expect to have a public test or two with the full pass in early September.

Link is here.

As usual he eats his own words quickly.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users