431 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

Is this some kind of joke?

Id rather they keep the current system and just half any 50% weapon quirks on any mechs that have them then even entertain the notion that this new " balance pass " is even remotely addressing any of the games balance problems.

They gave up and threw the towel and are trying to come up with something that is just... complete and utter fail.

Jesus. This is bad. What a mess. If any of this crap makes it thru to a real patch im probably done.

Going to post my constructive feedback here because I actually care about this game :

Hey guys,

Most of you know who I am, some of you might not. Been playing since early beta, and have had a lot of great fun and fond memories of this game. That being said, I would like to try as hard as I can to give some feedback on hopefully helping this game reach a more balanced state while still being fun to play. Here are main points that I believe need to be in the game :

1 - Keep the current quirk system. It breathed new life into the game and made the IS able to stand up to the clans. All you have to do is keep up with more balance changes and further tweaks.

2 - Keep it simple. You want to keep things relatively simple especially since you guys are going to release on Steam. Armor and structure quirks need to be the same for every variant of a chassis for Inner Sphere Mechs. What gives them identity is the weapon/mobility quirks which are different for each variant. Some Clan armor / structure / weapon quirks need to be simplified and balanced across all omnnipods. CT's with armor and structure buffs on clan mechs need to be equal, otherwise people will pick 1 variant all the time because it is better.

3 - Mech identity. This is what makes this game fun and interesting. With the quirk system, mechs can have similar hardpoints and layouts and the same tonnage but still be very different to each other. Keep up this line of thinking its great work and makes mechs more unique.

4 - Increase armor and structure quirks on all IS mechs and lower some weapon quirks in the 25-50% range. You will almost have decent balance in the game if you can pull this one off, it needs to be done. Also, IS needs more range buffs to some mechs to stand up to the clans.

5 - Fix missiles. Increase damage on srms for IS to 2.5 and Clan to 2.2 and see how it goes. I want people to feel good about taking missles again. Increase dmg on IS streak 2's slightly as well.

I did my part for constructive feedback, here it is and there you go mwo community.

- Alwrath

Edited by Alwrath, 12 September 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

This PTS didn't just hurt my butt, it also hurt my soul.

I feel like a lesser human being for having witnessed and played with the changes on it.

#3 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 September 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

This PTS didn't just hurt my butt, it also hurt my soul.

I feel like a lesser human being for having witnessed and played with the changes on it.

I feel you man. Dear Lord. I just want to throw up at this point. We dont know how good we have it until its gone.

#4 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Image

#5 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

I wish Vassago Rain and Roland were here to see this. It would be so glorious to watch them drop truthbombs on PGI and anyone else who still doubts how borked it is...

#6 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

I'm hoping it's just the barest, skeletal outline of some rough ideas they have, and in no way close to what they'd deem finished, because lord, is it rough.

Like, feels like whoever came up with it has been playing a different game from us rough.

I'm glad they're putting time and effort into it, of course, I just hope they go in a completely different direction from what they're showing so far.

#7 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

Any goodwill generated by the 2nd anniversary gifts has been stomped into the ground by this abomination of a "rebalance".

No wonder they didn't say anything about it in the town hall and just pimped out the Marauder. It's a ******* trainwreck.

#8 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

What are y'all on about? There was too much ECM to judge anything, other then the new "Clues about Teammates Location," and "Hints as to how bad MM thought that game was."

#9 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

It's April in September!

#10 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock 2h2 hours ago North Vancouver, British Columbia

Once again nothing will go live until it is known to be a good improvement over the current games balance

By all means do keep screaming that the sky is falling guys. It's as good a way as any to let them know what you think but as I understand it, what we got was a general overview of where they want to go from now on. The actual numbers matter not at all at this point. Only the fact that they are breaking off from the old system and that some variant of the same chassis will now be better suited to certain roles and no longer just certain weapons.

Over all things seem to be shaping up well for the IS chassis. ( barring some rather spectacular bugs... I hope they are bugs :P ) A little more troublesome for the clan mechs due to the nature of omnipods.

As Paul mentioned, some will hate it and some will love it... and since I wasn't a min/maxer Meta or bust type... *shrug*

Color me interested for now.. let's see how it develops.

#11 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

View PostKodyn, on 11 September 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I'm hoping it's just the barest, skeletal outline of some rough ideas they have, and in no way close to what they'd deem finished, because lord, is it rough.

This is PGI, it'll likely go live in close to this form if it made it to the PTS.

#12 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

What did people expect? People were always complaining about power struggle this, too powerful that, etc. etc.

#13 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the rebalance instead of bitching? I can't run the test server as I'm at work at the time. What is happening?

-k

#14 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

View PostChapeL, on 11 September 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

As Paul mentioned, some will hate it and some will love it... and since I wasn't a min/maxer Meta or bust type... *shrug*

Min-maxers hate it because they understand the underlying game mechanics enough to exploit the changes. Look at this new Timber Wolf for example:

Posted Image

Yes, that's right, a Timber Wolf with extreme positive quirks, more than the majority of mechs on either faction. Only negative quirk is -2.5% missile cooldown.

#15 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

View PostChapeL, on 11 September 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

Read the quote in the post above yours

Actions speak louder than words, there are years of qualifying evidence backing my statement.

Edited by Yokaiko, 11 September 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#16 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

Well there certainly won't be any power struggle if this new system is kept.

The meta will be clear: Clan mechs, Anything that isn't clan is just sub-par now, except maybe the Atlas-D, that thing is ridiculous.

I'm all for a challenge, but this much of a challenge isn't going to be balance. CW certainly can't function with the clan vs IS balance the way it is on the PTS atm.

#17 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

i would rather have no rebalance at all than this atrocity

its like Paul forgot why they added weapon quirks in the first place... because WE asked them to add mech quirks to differentiate mechs. But now they got rid of the only thing that made one mech truly different from another.

And somehow Paul thinks adding random sensor ranges to everything qualifies as information warfare. lololol.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the rebalance instead of bitching? I can't run the test server as I'm at work at the time. What is happening?

-no weapon quirks at all anymore, pretty much all mechs are the same again
-major agility nerfs to pretty much everything
-random sensor quirks and structure buffs for everything

And theres NO weapon balancing at all. Everyone knows clan lasers have been the problem all along. Everyone BUT Paul...

Edited by Khobai, 11 September 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#18 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

It looks sort of like they were trying to balance clan offensive against IS defensive.....except they nerfed mobility on mechs like Enforcer? What? Then removed the tanking from Zeus? Huh? Zeus literally don't have the hardpoints to be a heavy hitter.

#19 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 11 September 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

Is this some kind of joke?

Id rather they keep the current system and just half any 50% weapon quirks on any mechs that have them then even entertain the notion that this new " balance pass " is even remotely addressing any of the games balance problems.

They gave up and threw the towel and are trying to come up with something that is just... complete and utter fail.

Jesus. This is bad. What a mess. If any of this crap makes it thru to a real patch im probably done.

I'm so glad you made all those posts in the feedback forums!

Oh wait...

#20 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 September 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

Min-maxers hate it because they understand the underlying game mechanics enough to exploit the changes. Look at this new Timber Wolf for example:

Posted Image

Yes, that's right, a Timber Wolf with extreme positive quirks, more than the majority of mechs on either faction. Only negative quirk is -2.5% missile cooldown.

What Omnipods does this mech carry ? From what I saw, getting a clan mech with mostly positive quirks like your picture above meant paying up in "desirable" Hardpoints. If it's not the case of the Timber Wolf that must be adressed then. That's why it;s on the PTS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users