431 replies to this topic

#21 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 11 September 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

they removed all of the unique quirks on the Hero mechs outright.. people paid real money for these. if this goes live as is i can quickly see that as becoming a potential death knell for this game.. its one thing to re-balance mechs, it's another to completely remove the entire reason people bought them.. again with REAL money.. in the 1st place...

if it went live right now, i would quit and i am positive i wouldn't be alone. i don't like being ripped off, and removing the uniqueness of real money mechs is doing just that.

EDIT: for clarity, i don't care about removing the non-unique quirks or changing things like structure.. i do care when they remove things like the gauss cooldown on the Grid Iron or the srm cooldown quirks on the Huggin. they were the entire reason those mechs were purchased, removing them turns a mech like the Grid Iron into an underpowered 4G

GI has better tanking quirks than the -4G, by nearly a factor of two.
X5 is the same comparted to the rest of the Cicadas, Fang and Flame are a bit different, but they were never "good" to start with.

#22 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostChapeL, on 11 September 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

What Omnipods does this mech carry ? From what I saw, getting a clan mech with mostly positive quirks like your picture above meant paying up in "desirable" Hardpoints. If it's not the case of the Timber Wolf that must be adressed then. That's why it;s on the PTS.

Gauss + 2 LPL looks pretty desirable to me. ^_^

#23 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

The pain will pass and you will find that you can go on with life..................!

Edited by SaltBeef, 11 September 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#24 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

So looking the Hero's tend to have twice amount of armor over the regular variants, the (L) King Crab has NO tanking quirks at all, the rest have pretty hefty ones (0000 has 24 across the board for example) +14 000B

The (L) 000 minus 20* yaw and 20% twist speed.

.....wut?

#25 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

Not impressed by it.
Would rather keep current balance.

#26 EX S

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostChapeL, on 11 September 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

By all means do keep screaming that the sky is falling guys. ... As Paul mentioned, some will hate it and some will love it... and since I wasn't a min/maxer Meta or bust type... *shrug*

*sees multiple Shadow Cat negative quirks, Timber Wolf positive quirks*

You're absolutely right.

Thanks Paul for nerfing those super meta min max l33t 420 MLG Shadow Cats. I mean, remember that one comp game where everyone showed up in a Shadow Cat? Ridiculous. Seriously, who would let a 45 tonner have 3 energy hardpoints and several tons of locked equipment? It's like they WANTED it to be OP. I'm so glad they wised up and introduced better mech diversity by putting that OP Clan trash in its place.

Maybe next time they'll put heavier negative quirks on the Mist Lynx so that min/maxers will reconsider treating the meta like a religion and take a real underdog mech like the Timber Wolf.

EDIT: Might have come off as a little mean, but I don't get to make fun of the silliness of this pass enough. I was mostly making fun of what Paul said.

Edited by EX S, 11 September 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#27 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostKhobai, on 11 September 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

its like Paul forgot why they added weapon quirks in the first place... because WE asked them to add mech quirks to differentiate mechs. But now they got rid of the only thing that made one mech truly different from another.

True, we did and as I recall it was mostly meant so the Awesome and other mechs in its position could leave the basement of mediocrity they were in. Sadly the current quirks on weapons are driving TTK times down across the board. Remove the clans completely from the game and it would still hold true. Now if this new system manages to "incentivize" ( almost wrote punish) clan players to field mechs with fewer hardpoints ( in order to minimize the negative quirks like FupDup's picture shows) we might have a means to drive TTK back up where it belongs.

#28 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 11 September 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

it may be a better tanker, but with less hardpoints it severely suffers in the firepower department. people bought the Grid Iron because it was a hunchback built for gauss sniping, not because it was yet another hunchback with a ballistic hardpoint in the right torso that sacrifices extra hardpoints for the ability to reward the enemy with more xp and credits for an easy kill

Didn't say I agreed with it lol

There is some special **** going on in the quirk department.

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

yep grid iron needs its gauss quirks back... even if theyre halved for balance.

I mean what was wrong with just halving all the IS weapon quirks and then nerfing the !@#$ out of the range and damage of clan lasers?

Thats all anyone wanted or expected...

Sadly the current quirks on weapons are driving TTK times down across the board.

Quirks started out fine. Quirks got out of hand when they tried to use them as a means to balance IS vs Clan. Instead of just nerfing the Clan lasers like they shouldve done from the start.

Clan lasers have way too much range and damage compared to IS weapons. But theres plenty of wiggle room to nerf clan weapons and still have them feel more advanced than their IS counterparts.

Clan lasers always were the problem and still are the problem even on the PTR, nothing was fixed. And actually its made worse because IS dont even have their quirks to compete anymore.

Edited by Khobai, 11 September 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#30 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 September 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

Gauss + 2 LPL looks pretty desirable to me. ^_^

That is hardly a monster though.

#31 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostKhobai, on 11 September 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

yep grid iron needs its gauss quirks back... even if theyre halved for balance.

I mean what was wrong with just halving all the IS weapon quirks and then nerfing the !@#$ out of the range and damage of clan lasers?

Thats all anyone wanted or expected...

Quirks started out fine. Quirks got out of hand when they tried to use them as a means to balance IS vs Clan. Instead of just nerfing the Clan lasers like they shouldve done from the start.

Clan lasers have way too much range and damage compared to IS weapons. But theres plenty of wiggle room to nerf clan weapons and still have them feel more advanced than their IS counterparts.

Then people will expect clan lasers to have their heat reduced and we'd be back to square one... only closer... which might do wonders for my aim actually :P

#32 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

I read this topic and all I see is" boo hoo they took mah metah!"

"Omg timber wolf with positive quircks!" None of then are weapons related...

Jesus, give it a chance... they are trying to level all mechs somehow, even focusing more in roles, which is something everybody was asking too...

Put some ice on your butts, because things are going to change.

#33 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

Then people will expect clan lasers to have their heat reduced and we'd be back to square one... only closer... which might do wonders for my aim actually

How would we be back to square one?

Even if you reduce both damage and heat youre still increasing the number of alphastrikes needed to kill a mech. TTK will still be increased.

#34 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostAnarcho, on 11 September 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Except they didn't. There's still a meta, and in many cases it's actually the same as it was before or a modified version of the same thing.

#35 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

Fup, every game will have a meta OP thing, and players with a mind towards winning/comp will always "exploit" it for maximum performance...

But look how many variables these guys have to balance... trying to specify some sort of role to mechs at least gives us more ways to play.

#36 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostAnarcho, on 11 September 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

"Omg timber wolf with positive quircks!" None of then are weapons related...

Jesus, give it a chance... they are trying to level all mechs somehow, even focusing more in roles, which is something everybody was asking too...

Put some ice on your butts, because things are going to change.

The only ones who may feel that way would be anyone attempting to use an IS mech to compete with clan meta.

Except for all the currently competitive IS mechs becoming lower tier, the meta wouldn't change. The gap between IS and clan tech however, would widen.

#37 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Guinea PUGs unite!

Ahd there's this tidbit too.

The current PTS build comprises the first set of numbers in the database, and all of them are still open for tuning (drastically or only slightly, depending on metrics and your feedback).

#38 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 11 September 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

Guinea PUGs unite!

Ahd there's this tidbit too.

Now to see if they actually live up to that promise.

#39 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

You kids crack me up... :rolleyes:

As per usual this community goes into convulsions with "any" change that doesn't immediately placate some sub-set of expectations.

I get you concerns... I really do. That said, I'm not sure what flavor of perfection you guys were expecting from a first-blush pass on this?

So long as this sort of thing is run on the test-server and we continue to have some semblance of input, I'm not quite prepared to run for the fallout shelter just yet...

"R-E-L-A-X" ~ Aaron Rodgers. ^_^

#40 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

There appears to be no weapon quirks.

Either fix the weapons now or put back some of those weapon quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users