#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

Not sure how I feel about the total removal across the board of weapon quirks.

As usual, the issue wasn't the idea, but PGI being really kneejerk reactionary, and come mechs just getting WAY overquirked.

No honest person can say the Grid Iron wasn't overquirked, with a straight face. Yes, there are 3-4 people who pretty obviously don't run Hunchbacks who way overrate the velocity boost the 4G gets (useful, but hardly game changing), etc, but 50% cooldown on a Gauss is just plain nuts.

Add into things the DRG-1N, CN9-D and HBK-4J (though one could argue that with LB-X and LRMs, even then they were only borderline good), but in part that's because of how the amount of Quirks everything else got raised the powercreep.

As for the 4G itself?

Well, without some kind of RoF boost, and seeing many many mechs (HBK) included, still have signifigant boosts to Armor and Structure? It's certainly hurting the 4G a fair bit. I think, if nothing else, the 4G requires a larger RT buff, and on the RT it needs the Armor buffed a lot, too.

Elseways, that torso will go too fast, compared to damage it can lay out. As it stands, the CN9-AH, the YLW and ENF-4P will be more survivable AC20 carrying 50 tonners.

All those get hitboxes and geometry that makes them XL viable to even favorable, and thus are already benefiting from being able to pack speed wit the punch, the Hunchback needs more toughness as it's compensation, IMO.

#2 Cerulean Knight

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

I had similar thoughts on the 4G as well. I don't mind the weapon quirks being removed, but the "hunch" on the 4G does seem to need a boost in armor.

#3 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

How much armor do you think it needs? It's only got -6 RT armor compared to live at 18. I'm personally fine with the live values. It's not often I lose my hunch, but with TTK dropping I still don't like losing armor on my cherished hunch. Hell I would trade all the structure on my RT for armor if I could. Once that armor is gone it's not long before the gone goes as well regardless of structure.

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:14 AM

Oddly, seems some people live are not going for RTs. Been using a 4P lately and hardly ever gets shot out.

I still think they should fix the Hunches, only the AC20 should make the big Hunch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users