#181 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

On second though, better not

Edited by Khajja nar Jatargk, 16 September 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#182 Vaegir Raiden

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 16 September 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

speculation...speculation...did i say speculation?

We need more of this. Really.

#183 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostThe Bounty Hunter, on 15 September 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Level 6 is NOT a legend.

The Bounty Hunter IS a Level 6......

Killjoys?

#184 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostTitannium, on 15 September 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

Everybody mentioning this all the time. I dont think it will happen here. Not at all.
Nobodys that stupid.

It already does. People base the value of your arguments on their perception of how well you play the game. Even simple factual statements. Now they have an absolute value to base it on. Never underestimate stupidityor pettiness in a human population.

I don't care that they do, btw. It's stupid to place too much value in what stupid people think and do.

Edited by Anachronda, 16 September 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#185 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 16 September 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

In your solo pug matches, do half the players there do 450 damage with 2 kills?

**** no, about 68% of the players in my matches don't even exceed 100 damage.

#186 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostAnachronda, on 16 September 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

It already does. People base the value of your arguments on their perception of how well you play the game. Even simple factual statements. Now they have an absolute value to base it on. Never underestimate stupidityor pettiness in a human population.

I don't care that they do, btw. It's stupid to place too much value in what stupid people think and do.

That is complete BULL ****!!! I do not get judged on my game play because I know I am pretty decent mech pilot, but instead everyone and I mean EVERYONE gives me **** because my name is clown. What the hell does a clown have to do to be taken serious around here?

Oh and side note, any takers on odds where some high profile players will fall on the spectrum of tiers?

#187 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostVaegir Raiden, on 16 September 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

We need more of this. Really.

I apologize for not including sufficient rage, personal attacks, outright fallacies, and pointless non-sequitors in a post on the internet. I'll try to do better in the future.

#188 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 15 September 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Well to be fair if you play enough you should already have a decent idea of the top people. For example the top comp teams that only take good players and tend to play in groups and even do well in losses are teir one. So So SJR, EMP etc. Then the good casaul units that have good players and play together a lot are probabl tier one or split between tier 1 and 2. For example BMMU etc. Then the rest of tier 1 and 2 are probably made up of the really good small units and good players on average units and top solo players. If you play a lot and are any good you would probably recognize most of the people I would bet.

Then the next batch will be the huge amount of average players in the middle. And the finally the people doing their own thing using a strearing wheel etc in tier 5.

The problem with the PSR system is that the top teams that you describe are likely not tier 1 since damage/kills and assists will be distributed across the team because they work well as a team. As I mentioned in a previous post. You only need about 2400 or less total damage, well focused to wipe out the opposing team. 200 damage/player ... 1 kill each and some number of assists and you can wipe the floor with the other team. However, those numbers will likely not put the best teams into tier 1 in a PSR match score based rating system since the 1000 point, 5 kill matches are much more common in the uncoordinated solo queue where folks don't work together.

I would not be surprised to find most of the best team players to be ranked in tier 2 or even 3 just due to the scoring system in use.

#189 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 16 September 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

That is complete BULL ****!!! I do not get judged on my game play because I know I am pretty decent mech pilot, but instead everyone and I mean EVERYONE gives me **** because my name is clown. What the hell does a clown have to do to be taken serious around here?

Oh and side note, any takers on odds where some high profile players will fall on the spectrum of tiers?

I've seen you play, and I will laugh with you as you put them in their place. I meant perceived as in what they think you are. Lotsa pilots with funny names get disrespected :)

#190 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 15 September 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

What? That pitiful, hard to see PSR to the right of your post.

Get something better, more visible, that people can see easily. There must be a place where you can find something like a signature with your chosen PSR rating......

\./

Sorry ... I had to point this out ... LYING

#191 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

You and Mcgral18 are both at least T2. I'm pretty confident that I'm average or maybe slightly better than average, and I've seen both of you often enough to know that you're noticeably better than me. So unless T3 is really wide, that puts you both in T2.

We'll see.

I play a fair number of bad mechs, and have had my share of crappy-match streaks - so I wouldn't be shocked if I was in T3.

Obviously hoping for T2 though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone else pointed out that high damage isn't necessarily a sign of T1 players. T1 players can aim like you wouldn't believe, so they might actually do less damage than T2 players especially in the group queue.

On big teams, yeah that's often true.

However you'll often see guys from EmP or SJR dropping in smaller groups like 4 mans - where they tend to do the vast majority of the team's damage and kills.

#192 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:30 PM

Someone else pointed out that high damage isn't necessarily a sign of T1 players. T1 players can aim like you wouldn't believe, so they might actually do less damage than T2 players especially in the group queue.

Sure it is because the bulk of your match score is derived from your damage.

Consistently high damage = consistently high match score = high tier.

#193 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

I'm super interested to find out where I am..... I know I'm not the best, I hope I'm not the worst. I don't make any claims to be God's gift to MWO (unless you count my ability to make any mech viable and run builds the comp crowd wouldn't touch with a 10-ft. pole).

Soon™?

#194 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

If you people are Tier 3 and 4, I'm definitely Tier 6 lol.

#195 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostJman5, on 16 September 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Sure it is because the bulk of your match score is derived from your damage.

Consistently high damage = consistently high match score = high tier.

Excellent point.

Though it's not strictly 1:1. There are a lot of ways to boost your match score that don't involve doing damage, but you have to put some effort into it in order to make it pay off. Most of the time, and for most people, damage is by far the largest component of match score.

#196 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

Im pretty sure this will lower the "ur bad" in the forum and the "sht team" in game. Pretty sure those people are not high enough to look down on people outside of their own madeup universe.

#197 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Has any of you even considered that when someone complain about something and is replied with "because youre low elo", it's the truth and not an insult? Now instead of feeling like an insult it MIGHT actually be hope to get out of that predicament. Unless ofc meta hell is real and your only option is to go down.

#198 SolarCleric

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Given the pre-Steam launch...the game population is probably small enough that were all T3. That way they can just lump us all in together like usual. :ph34r:

#199 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 16 September 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Has any of you even considered that when someone complain about something and is replied with "because youre low elo", it's the truth and not an insult? Now instead of feeling like an insult it MIGHT actually be hope to get out of that predicament. Unless ofc meta hell is real and your only option is to go down.

It was baseless accusation because there was never any way to know if someone was low or high Elo. At least come Tuesday we'll have some actual numbers.

#200 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostLordDante, on 15 September 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

...arent we all tossing our money at pgi and moan about it
and a second later we hit the buy button the moment the marauder shows up ...

I know I am. I'm like I want to invest in the game! Wait Stop breaking the game-ooooh, marauder...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users