100 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

• Pip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSt Paul

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

I am not sure who made the call to lower the c-bill earning so drastically, but this is absolutely terrible. WITH my first match of the day bonus,over 500 damage, 2 kills, 9 assists, 1 solo, 4 components destroyed amongst a pile of other bonuses. I made 164 K c-bills. That's absolutely ridiculous. I realize this isn't some people's 1K plus damage game, but you have to admit this is a damn good game.

In order to purchase a Quickdraw(almost universally regarded as garbage... though it has its uses) I would have to play at least 32 matches as well as I just played the last one(it would be many more because you don't get the first win bonus every game)

Breaking that down, We'll say every match takes 10 minutes(Games will go longer, some shorter if you die faster... and thereby make less C-bills....) This is about 5.5 hours of actual in game time. Remember that is playing a game that well EVERY TIME, and matchmaker is happening immediately. Realistically you are looking at close to 8 hours of game time to earn a more or less mediocre mech, before paying for upgrades, loading out the mech how you want it.

If you want to purchase say... a Hellbringer? Go ahead and double that time and then add some. looking at something like 18 hours + in game time.(remember you'll need 3 to skill it up)

I'm not here to debate how good a Quickdraw is, but these changes need to be reverted... and now. We need to keep these posts going instead of oogling the new mech that won't be out for months.

What's more... this c-bill nerf... it doesn't make sense. The grind was already slow now it is glacial. When my 'mech garage would be filling up... that would be the time I purchased MC to buy more bays, now with it taking nearly a month(remember people have jobs, families, etc) to purchase a new mech and all its new doodads... I won't need to buy MC until May or so... If I'm still playing through this stupidly slow grind.

Turambar Out

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Confirmation bias. CB have not changed.

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

Can you make a record of all the bonuses you are getting for this range of reward?

W/o premium I was still getting 180-200k+ leveling med mechs with anywhere from 4-650 damage, 1 kill and win 100kish on a similar effort loss. But I also do a lot of spots, protects, component destruction, ecm counter, lance in formation, savior kills, flanking is a good one - basically racking up every last bit of bonuses I could rack up.

That's around normal for me on a win without first bonus with my recent spurt of leveling random mediums I hadn't done yet.

#4 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 15 September 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

depends on what op is refering to; rewards 2.0 and 12p teams or something new
Nevertheless, cbills have been low for a loooong time. End spacepoor!

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

First match of the day is just an XP bonus.

There's nothing to revert since the mega nerf in 2013... when 12v12 was introduced.

#6 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

Paul.
hence why its called the "Paulconomy" and Id be EXTREMELY surprised if it EVER changes

View PostTerciel1976, on 15 September 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

I used to get millions per match. Not you get a couple hundred k.

They HAVE changed

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 15 September 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

They HAVE changed

Yeah, but not in like two years (and my average is up over 10K/match since Rewards 2.0, so I have no sympathy for that one)

#8 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 15 September 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yeah, but not in like two years (and my average is up over 10K/match since Rewards 2.0, so I have no sympathy for that one)

The OP never stated a timeline

So I was going with the game being the timeline since I havent personally seen upwards of 500k a game outside of CW for as long as the Paulconomy has existed.

My max is 400k with over 700 damage

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 15 September 2015 - 06:50 PM.

#9 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

If we could afford to purchase a new mech every handful of matches, we'd have different people posting instead that the game is too easy and there's nothing to do.. since they already owned the mechs they were interested in.

Other than the endless treadmill of match grinding, saving for mechs and modules etc is pretty much the only thing to do in MWO right now.

#10 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

and before pic or it didnt happen

Posted Image

Thats the best Ive done in a long time outside of CW

#11 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostTurambar, on 15 September 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

I am not sure who made the call to lower the c-bill earning so drastically, but this is absolutely terrible. WITH my first match of the day bonus,over 500 damage, 2 kills, 9 assists, 1 solo, 4 components destroyed amongst a pile of other bonuses. I made 164 K c-bills. That's absolutely ridiculous. I realize this isn't some people's 1K plus damage game, but you have to admit this is a damn good game. In order to purchase a Quickdraw(almost universally regarded as garbage... though it has its uses) I would have to play at least 32 matches as well as I just played the last one(it would be many more because you don't get the first win bonus every game) Breaking that down, We'll say every match takes 10 minutes(Games will go longer, some shorter if you die faster... and thereby make less C-bills....) This is about 5.5 hours of actual in game time. Remember that is playing a game that well EVERY TIME, and matchmaker is happening immediately. Realistically you are looking at close to 8 hours of game time to earn a more or less mediocre mech, before paying for upgrades, loading out the mech how you want it. If you want to purchase say... a Hellbringer? Go ahead and double that time and then add some. looking at something like 18 hours + in game time.(remember you'll need 3 to skill it up) I'm not here to debate how good a Quickdraw is, but these changes need to be reverted... and now. We need to keep these posts going instead of oogling the new mech that won't be out for months. What's more... this c-bill nerf... it doesn't make sense. The grind was already slow now it is glacial. When my 'mech garage would be filling up... that would be the time I purchased MC to buy more bays, now with it taking nearly a month(remember people have jobs, families, etc) to purchase a new mech and all its new doodads... I won't need to buy MC until May or so... If I'm still playing through this stupidly slow grind. Turambar Out

Are you a new player? You may have been seeing the "Cadet Bonus" that gives significant cbills rewards for your first 25 matches.

#12 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,956 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

Cbills are as crappy as they ever were, its just that we die alot faster now.

#13 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

I've found it more of a consistency issue. I find I often think I've done we only to find a poor pay out well other time I've done cr£* and get a great payout. Would really like it to be little better to be able to tell when your doing ok.

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 15 September 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Paul.
hence why its called the "Paulconomy" and Id be EXTREMELY surprised if it EVER changes

They HAVE changed

Not in over a year you have not...

Cbills have not changed since 12v12...how we earn them has changed a bit though.

Edited by DarthRevis, 16 September 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#15 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostTurambar, on 15 September 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

I am not sure who made the call to lower the c-bill earning so drastically, but this is absolutely terrible. WITH my first match of the day bonus,over 500 damage, 2 kills, 9 assists, 1 solo, 4 components destroyed amongst a pile of other bonuses. I made 164 K c-bills. That's absolutely ridiculous. I realize this isn't some people's 1K plus damage game, but you have to admit this is a damn good game.

In order to purchase a Quickdraw(almost universally regarded as garbage... though it has its uses) I would have to play at least 32 matches as well as I just played the last one(it would be many more because you don't get the first win bonus every game)

Breaking that down, We'll say every match takes 10 minutes(Games will go longer, some shorter if you die faster... and thereby make less C-bills....) This is about 5.5 hours of actual in game time. Remember that is playing a game that well EVERY TIME, and matchmaker is happening immediately. Realistically you are looking at close to 8 hours of game time to earn a more or less mediocre mech, before paying for upgrades, loading out the mech how you want it.

If you want to purchase say... a Hellbringer? Go ahead and double that time and then add some. looking at something like 18 hours + in game time.(remember you'll need 3 to skill it up)

I'm not here to debate how good a Quickdraw is, but these changes need to be reverted... and now. We need to keep these posts going instead of oogling the new mech that won't be out for months.

What's more... this c-bill nerf... it doesn't make sense. The grind was already slow now it is glacial. When my 'mech garage would be filling up... that would be the time I purchased MC to buy more bays, now with it taking nearly a month(remember people have jobs, families, etc) to purchase a new mech and all its new doodads... I won't need to buy MC until May or so... If I'm still playing through this stupidly slow grind.

Turambar Out

What are you talking about? C-bill earnings haven't changed in a long time. There have been no recent changes made to decrease your earnings.

If you're not making much, then that's your problem. Even back when Rewards 2.0 was introduced, I saw my average C-bill earnings per match increase, not decrease. Rewards 2.0 was a welcome addition to MWO because it decreased the grind and bolstered team play.

I suggest you evaluate your play style. It's really not hard to make 200k even without Premium Time or a Hero Mech when playing in the normal queue.

#16 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 September 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

Cbills have not changed since 12v12...how we earn them has changed a bit though.

CBILL earnings changed for 12v12, and then again in rewards 2.0 (The Win and Loss payout values were updated in a hot fix and never documented)

Before rewards 2.0 assist were worth about 7500 cbills and were pretty easy to farm, so 150k-170k games were common

Edited by Troutmonkey, 16 September 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#17 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 September 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

again... without the OP providing a timeline, I went with the whole lol

View PostNightmare1, on 16 September 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

What are you talking about? C-bill earnings haven't changed in a long time.

that too

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 16 September 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#18 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

I was just guaging on my recent averages - totally different story if I decide to grind c-bills in a Hellslinger or something with higher alpha or sustained dps than a Kintaro or Trebuchet.

Very few matches with the Hellslinger will result in less than 1k damage and a ton of components destroyed, my last run (grinding to buy King Crabs that I sold anyhow) it was hitting 350k on the average low match and the better matches were between 400-500k consistently - 200k+ in a normal loss unless I really made a stupid movement error.

Pre-PSR random matching helped it out, I'll admit in the case of the Hellslinger - but it still stands that if you do more than just stand in one spot and fire (try to actually net more bonuses) your earning will either not drop or go up if you've never been doing that.

And buy a bap - at least one to swap around its just easy xp and c-bills simply for having it equipped in the current ecm flooded queue.

Edited by sycocys, 16 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#19 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 16 September 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

CBILL earnings changed for 12v12, and then again in rewards 2.0 (The Win and Loss payout values were updated in a hot fix and never documented)

Before rewards 2.0 assist were worth about 7500 cbills and were pretty easy to farm, so 150k-170k games were common

Exactly! It's been basically a year now since Rewards 2.0 rolled out, so I don't understand the recent rash of "C-bill nerf" posts I've been seeing. It's not like there was a patch within the last month or so that altered the payouts!

Personally speaking, when Rewards 2.0 initially rolled out, I saw my earnings take a hit for about a month. After that, I had sufficiently learned the new system well enough to adjust my in-game behavior to match it. Not only did my earnings increase to their old levels, but they actually surpassed them! Whereas before the 150k-170k games were common, now it was the 200k-220k games that were my baseline. Personally speaking, I'm more than happy with Rewards 2.0 and really don't get why folks seem so fussy over it. The OP should read the Rewards Performance List and then play accordingly. He'll find that it doesn't really hurt his gameplay; it just alters it a little and makes it more team-oriented.

Folks that won't educate themselves or at least make an attempt to adapt their playstyle have no grounds to come grief here in the forums. They should at least make an effort first.

#20 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 September 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

I was just guaging on my recent averages - totally different story if I decide to grind c-bills in a Hellslinger or something with higher alpha or sustained dps than a Kintaro or Trebuchet.

Very few matches with the Hellslinger will result in less than 1k damage and a ton of components destroyed, my last run (grinding to buy King Crabs that I sold anyhow) it was hitting 350k on the average low match and the better matches were between 400-500k consistently - 200k+ in a normal loss unless I really made a stupid movement error.

Pre-PSR random matching helped it out, I'll admit in the case of the Hellslinger - but it still stands that if you do more than just stand in one spot and fire (try to actually net more bonuses) your earning will either not drop or go up if you've never been doing that.

And buy a bap - at least one to swap around its just easy xp and c-bills simply for having it equipped in the current ecm flooded queue.

Could you share your money printing Hellslinger build please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users