Store Balance

100 replies to this topic

#21 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

It could be a *little better but doesn't have to be drastic. The goal here is not to make it super easy to collect millions and buy up every mech in the game. With Cbills you have to be selective. I play part time maybe an hour or so 3 to 4 nights during the week and then 4 or so Saturday, maybe 2 on Sunday and I'm already back up to almost 50 million after dumping 120 million on mechs not long ago. When you buy mechs in this game you have them always until you decide to sell them. There is no perma death so what you buy should be hard earned and the prices should give a little incentive toward buying things with real money, otherwise nobody would monetarily support this game.

-k

#22 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

tbh it might have changed on the other direction, never once did i ever reach 140k in a game i lost. Granted i did 800 dmg on that game but still i dont remember any occasion where i could go over 100k in a losing match no matter how good i did.

#23 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 16 September 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

It could be a *little better but doesn't have to be drastic. The goal here is not to make it super easy to collect millions and buy up every mech in the game. With Cbills you have to be selective. I play part time maybe an hour or so 3 to 4 nights during the week and then 4 or so Saturday, maybe 2 on Sunday and I'm already back up to almost 50 million after dumping 120 million on mechs not long ago. When you buy mechs in this game you have them always until you decide to sell them. There is no perma death so what you buy should be hard earned and the prices should give a little incentive toward buying things with real money, otherwise nobody would monetarily support this game.

-k

Bingo! Frankly, I think the win/loss payouts could be boosted a little (mainly to help new pilots), but I think the performance bonuses are a nice touch that was executed well.

Also, I agree with you about C-bills and choosiness. I think a lot of folks forget that this game is free to play, and that the grind is simply a result of that. There's also a lot of folks that don't realize that our grind here on MWO really isn't all that bad compared to other games like Star Trek Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Planetside 2, Ghost Recon: Phantoms (Ugh, that's the worst one!), and others. MWO's grind feels attainable while a lot of other game grinds just don't feel that way at all.

#24 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

I earn between 250,000 and 450,000 per match currently in pug drops with premium time and using a hero mech -- seems like lots to me.

#25 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 16 September 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

I earn between 250,000 and 450,000 per match currently in pug drops with premium time and using a hero mech -- seems like lots to me.

About the same for me now with those active as well.

#26 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

I do pretty well considering I never use my like 7 months or more of banked premium time (hey I'm cheap), and use hero mechs when I want to run that mech and not to just "grind" cbills.

-k

#27 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 16 September 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Could you share your money printing Hellslinger build please?

Hellslinger - 80.7 alpha - heat is manageable even, just don't use the LL much once you engage close. And do your best to grab a tango partner in a heavy or medium straight off - they'll appreciate not having to tear through any armor to secure kills. Still rocks 62 points of damage once you turn the LLs off.

The other version I run is with srm4s and a bigger engine or LPL depending on my mood. But basically your mission is us LL to maneuver with your lancemates into close combat and unleah the fury of the med pulse laser 3 srm6 combo directly into center mass (because that's the only way you'll hit with most of your srms). With just 1 other mech at your side it will face shred those pesky dires usually before they can put that dual guass to any real use.

Edited by sycocys, 16 September 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#28 Burns Nublit

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

OK, Time to rant a bit.

What if I don't want to work the system just to make c-bills? I have no control over my lance mates, so why is my score linked to them being in my proximity when the fight breaks out? What if I am in a light and my job is to squirrel of scout? Why are solo kills so highly rewarded, when so often I get the most damage just to have the kill taken by someone that gets off that lucky final shot while I let my weapons cool a bit? Why do I have to run bap if it serves no function besides racking c-bills (noted that it helps allot on scouts, but why have it in the firing line)?

I had a match last night that was one of the best I have played. 6 kills, 8 assists, 1097 dmg, and I carried it with a final 1 vs. 1 with a fresh atlas. I was with the group the whole time, and was most certainly the reason we won. I earned 186 thousand c-bills.

My play style might not conform to the current reward system, but I help my team win and I perform at or above the normal level for my PSR tier. I almost never see 200k, and average about 130k. I enjoy the game and don't see it as a grind, but the c-bill rewards are crap unless you play a very specific way with a very specific load-out.

Again, to all you people making bank every game. Good for you, I am glad. Remember that there are allot of players out here that are doing a good job and yet not getting a reward for it. Distracting the enemy makes you nothing. Scouting makes you nothing except for a few minor bonuses. Now even high damage gets you little. If you don't get those solo kills and components you are leaving the match empty handed, and some people don't think that is right.

Have a good day, and see you on the field.

#29 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostBurns Nublit, on 16 September 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

1) OK, Time to rant a bit.

2) What if I don't want to work the system just to make c-bills? I have no control over my lance mates, so why is my score linked to them being in my proximity when the fight breaks out? What if I am in a light and my job is to squirrel of scout? Why are solo kills so highly rewarded, when so often I get the most damage just to have the kill taken by someone that gets off that lucky final shot while I let my weapons cool a bit? Why do I have to run bap if it serves no function besides racking c-bills (noted that it helps allot on scouts, but why have it in the firing line)?

3) I had a match last night that was one of the best I have played. 6 kills, 8 assists, 1097 dmg, and I carried it with a final 1 vs. 1 with a fresh atlas. I was with the group the whole time, and was most certainly the reason we won. I earned 186 thousand c-bills.

4) My play style might not conform to the current reward system, but I help my team win and I perform at or above the normal level for my PSR tier. I almost never see 200k, and average about 130k. I enjoy the game and don't see it as a grind, but the c-bill rewards are crap unless you play a very specific way with a very specific load-out.

5) Again, to all you people making bank every game. Good for you, I am glad. Remember that there are allot of players out here that are doing a good job and yet not getting a reward for it. Distracting the enemy makes you nothing. Scouting makes you nothing except for a few minor bonuses. Now even high damage gets you little. If you don't get those solo kills and components you are leaving the match empty handed, and some people don't think that is right.

6) Have a good day, and see you on the field.

1) Wish you wouldn't. It's bothersome at times.

2) You make "work the system" sound tedious. It's not; it's actually remarkably easy to do and requires very little change in your play style or tactics. If you're that inflexible though, then it's on you and it's not PGI's fault or anyone else's.

Your score is being linked to them because for years now MWO players have complained about the absence of teamwork in public matches. To remedy this, PGI gave us Rewards 2.0 and VOIP. If you work with your team, you can make bank. If your team doesn't fight as a team, then you don't make bank. It's that simple. Try stepping up and leading if that bothers you. Assaults should be doing that anyways rather than hiding behind Mediums and Lights.

Solo kill is highly rewarded because you single-handedly killed that enemy Mech without any form of aid. That should be rewarded. The person that steals your kill gets a killing blow, but not a solo kill. Even if an enemy gets the killing blow on your target, you still get a kill-most-damage.

You don't have to run BAP (I don't). That's a personal choice.

3) Sorry to hear that you made less than 200k on that match (were you locking your targets?). If you had Premium Time, then that would have been nearly 280k though, which is pretty good. Remember, this game is free to play with Premium Time serving in the place of a subscription. It's pretty reasonable and a lot better than what other free to play games typically offer.

It is possible to break 200k without Premium Time:

Posted Image

Notice that I broke 200k pre-Premium Time Bonus while the Bonus itself puts me over 300k.

4) First of all, don't even start with the PSR Tier nonsense. You don't know what your tier is and you can't know what's "typical" since PSR is constantly adjusting for your performance in each match. That's presumptuous and does nothing for your argument except to discredit you a bit.

If you enjoy the game and don't see it as a grind, then what's the issue?

As for playing a certain way or with a certain build, that's bunk. Half my Mechs are fun/troll builds and yet I rarely fail to break the 200k barrier with them. That goes for my LRM boats, my laser boats, my balanced builds, my SRM builds, etc. At the end of the match, it comes down to your performance more than anything else.

5) Then those players should adapt. If they don't it's not PGI or anyone else's fault for them not making $$$. It's on their heads and their heads alone. If someone doesn't think it's right to be punished for being inflexible when the rest of the player base just takes it in stride and adapts, then that's a personal problem. They should remember that this is a free to play game running a free to play business model; a model which is much, much better than a variety of other online free to play games I have encountered. I can't name a single game that has a more player-friendly grind than this one, can you?

6) To you too.

#30 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

I barely get to play and yet I have almost 30million cbills in my account...
Between regular play and weekend events.. I have no idea what anyone is complaining about.

#31 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 15 September 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

and before pic or it didnt happen

Posted Image

Thats the best Ive done in a long time outside of CW

404K.. cbills not found.

#32 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 16 September 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

[redacted]

I don't see many people bragging about being an MWO "god" so much as being realistic about earnings. A lot of us are supporting it with screenshots. The bottom line, is that it's not hard for the "average" player (I consider myself average) to earn money if he's willing to do what's necessary to get it. If all you want to do is drop, run out, and shoot stuff then you won't get much money. If you're willing to be smart about your fight and use tactics, then it's ridiculously easy to get money. It's just that simple.

As for your "stupid" comments, try looking in the mirror. You own post is rife with such nonsense. If you paid any attention to anything that happens in the game, you would have realized that Rewards 2.0 was in response to player feedback. It's been in-game for a year now with mostly positive feedback. Get over yourself and quit with your own "e-peening."

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 September 2015 - 03:43 PM.
Unconstructive quote

#33 Foxfire kadrpg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

New earnings were different, but I don't feel my income was altered by much. I do notice a difference in my playstyle that others do not seem interested in, so here are some questions to ask yourself:

How many mechs did I spot (AND TARGET) before my teammates did?
How many mechs did I hit before they targeted me (flanking)
Did I target an opponent as I was fighting him, and aim to take off a weakened component, or was I simply aiming for center mass? (2x components = 1 kill)
Was I within 100 meters of allies when fighting? (Lance in formation, protected light, protected medium, proximity protection)
Did I make sure an enemy with missiles fired at him was in view of my mech? (spotting)
Did I put up a UAV that the team actually used? (This last one seldom pays for itself, but has the added benefit of increasing the chances you'll come out alive [Salvage] and win [victory]) UAVs can offset their victory enhancing costs with [Counter ECM] [Scouting] [UAV locked damage].

In short, simply hitting targets, however admirably damaging you are, isn't enough. Stay with teammates, Target everything reflexively, and learn where enemys start on the map so you can scout them before your teammates.

And don't brush off scouting because you're an assault. Most players struggling with CBills are going to let the assaults get up to the action before they target, so you'll have SOMETHING to scout.

#34 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

C-Bills piling up even without premium time.
Earnings way too high.
Problem is located on user side.
:rolleyes:

#35 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

The problem is that those of us who are not earning much in the way of c-bills since the new rewards system are "countered" buy those who are saying they are making the same or more.

I know for a fact that my c-bill earnings have plummeted. No amount of "Mine are up, or nope they haven't changed" is going to change that. They are down...for me, and for quite a few others as evidenced by the number of posts about it.

More than likely it's attributed to our play style now being out of favor with the rewards system and if we can't adapt we will suffer. Still, if that's affecting a significant portion of the player base it's an issue.

In the previous reward system I did just fine while others complained about it. Maybe the pendulum has swung against me for now, but I hope they can get it to settle somewhere better in the future cus it's frustrating as heck for those of us that are feeling the pain.

#36 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 16 September 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

In the previous reward system I did just fine while others complained about it. Maybe the pendulum has swung against me for now, but I hope they can get it to settle somewhere better in the future cus it's frustrating as heck for those of us that are feeling the pain.

I think this is an accurate statement, although I think most of the community is happy with the new system. In the last year, there really hasn't been a lot of complaint threads about C-bill earnings.

I think that changing from a kill-and-damage-centered rewards system to a performance based system rewards more money to more pilots in general. Whereas before only a couple pilots per match would get a bunch of money for carrying the team, not everyone has a shot to earn a bunch of C-bills if they play smart. Folks just need to adapt.

It's part of the creative destruction of improving things. Sure, not everyone benefits and there will be some who rail against it, but if most of the player base is benefiting from the change, then it's validated.

#37 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostBurns Nublit, on 16 September 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

OK, Time to rant a bit.

What if I don't want to work the system just to make c-bills? I have no control over my lance mates, so why is my score linked to them being in my proximity when the fight breaks out? What if I am in a light and my job is to squirrel of scout? Why are solo kills so highly rewarded, when so often I get the most damage just to have the kill taken by someone that gets off that lucky final shot while I let my weapons cool a bit? Why do I have to run bap if it serves no function besides racking c-bills (noted that it helps allot on scouts, but why have it in the firing line)?

I had a match last night that was one of the best I have played. 6 kills, 8 assists, 1097 dmg, and I carried it with a final 1 vs. 1 with a fresh atlas. I was with the group the whole time, and was most certainly the reason we won. I earned 186 thousand c-bills.

My play style might not conform to the current reward system, but I help my team win and I perform at or above the normal level for my PSR tier. I almost never see 200k, and average about 130k. I enjoy the game and don't see it as a grind, but the c-bill rewards are crap unless you play a very specific way with a very specific load-out.

Again, to all you people making bank every game. Good for you, I am glad. Remember that there are allot of players out here that are doing a good job and yet not getting a reward for it. Distracting the enemy makes you nothing. Scouting makes you nothing except for a few minor bonuses. Now even high damage gets you little. If you don't get those solo kills and components you are leaving the match empty handed, and some people don't think that is right.

Have a good day, and see you on the field.

We don't need to do things to encourage Raven 3L pilots not supporting their teams anymore than has already been done.

If you do the things the game rewards you for, you get rewards. If you don't you won't. It's that fracking simple.

Want loads of money? Get a UAV, dump it in a hard to destroy location or even just after two teams start exchanging fire. Watch CBills and Exp roll in.

#38 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

I'm nowhere near an MWo god - I "might" hit tier 2 ranking if I only piloted my best mechs and nothing else but that comes down to the curve.

Just a slightly above average tier 3 player that aggressively attacks the opponent to earn my rewards.

#39 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 16 September 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

CBILL earnings changed for 12v12, and then again in rewards 2.0 (The Win and Loss payout values were updated in a hot fix and never documented)

Before rewards 2.0 assist were worth about 7500 cbills and were pretty easy to farm, so 150k-170k games were common

I still have 150,000 game with no Premium time...just no as common.

And yea i mistype/misspoke since 12v12 2.0 (thank you for the correction Trout) they have been the same outside how you earn them.

#40 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 15 September 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Paul.
hence why its called the "Paulconomy" and Id be EXTREMELY surprised if it EVER changes

I used to get millions per match. Not you get a couple hundred k.

They HAVE changed

Hehe ... just for reference ... Paul is not the person responsible for the game economy design ... though as lead designer he must presumably accept some of the blame for whatever numbers go live in the end.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4665317

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4665378

P.S. The only time I ever got millions was during a testing phase of closed beta and even then we KNEW it would not last :) .. if you made that much every match very few people would spend any money at all.

Edited by Mawai, 16 September 2015 - 11:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users