Store Balance

100 replies to this topic

#41 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 16 September 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Hope all these e-peeners like playing with the same people over and over. Noobs and casual don't share your "I am an MWO god" experience.

Can't fathom such shallow stupidity. C-bill earnings for average players have never been lower. It's pretty simple and obvious.

I am sick of these c-bill threads not because they are not valid arguments but for the constant train of e-peen wasteoids telling you otherwise. It won't change as long as PGI can get these suckers to buy more mechs which they do. Stupid people rule the world now just like in Idiocracy.

This comes across as rather bitter.

#42 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 15 September 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

Confirmation bias. CB have not changed.

Earnings have changed. They may not have changed any of the specific rewards, but earnings have definitely changed. Perhaps they changed the way the rewards are awarded, or their frequency? I don't know, but I know that something has changed.

How do I know? My average as reported on the stats page is dropping, and that's with Premium Time turned on.

So this isn't just some random feeling I'm getting based on watching the numbers on AARs, it's pure data analysis. I'm earning less per match. Fact.

#43 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 16 September 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Earnings have changed. They may not have changed any of the specific rewards, but earnings have definitely changed. Perhaps they changed the way the rewards are awarded, or their frequency? I don't know, but I know that something has changed.

How do I know? My average as reported on the stats page is dropping, and that's with Premium Time turned on.

So this isn't just some random feeling I'm getting based on watching the numbers on AARs, it's pure data analysis. I'm earning less per match. Fact.

My earnings/match are steady to up. I always run PT and don't run bonus mechs any more than I used to. I keep an eye on it because there's a thread like this every few days.

#44 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

Well I use to make over 300k for doing nothing now I have to work for it and my averages are:[color=#EEEEEE]
Accumulative C-Bills Per Match 137,559.87 Avg. XP Per Match 1,375.96
[/color]

#45 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 September 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

My earnings/match are steady to up. I always run PT and don't run bonus mechs any more than I used to. I keep an eye on it because there's a thread like this every few days.

Me too, which is how I know that something has changed. My average had been going up fairly quickly due to Premium Time over the summer. Then I went on a long vacation and got a new job, so I didn't play much during August and early September.

Now, suddenly, my average is dropping (with Premium Time) almost as fast as it was rising before.

I have thousands of games, so it really shouldn't be changing much at all in either direction. But it's dropped ~300 c-bills over the last 40 games. 300 c-bills may not sound like much, but when you're averaging over thousands of games with only 40 games of input, that's huge.

#46 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

The follwoing is an example of what is NOT acceptable.

I don't think you understand that this kind of crap causes you to lose money.
You can see that I've spent money on this game.... no longer while this BS continues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't forget to subtract 80K for UAV and Arty usage...

Fix this BS

#47 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 September 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

Isn't that, in and of itself, a pretty good indication that something is happening to lots of players?

That said, PGI has never seemed overly inclined to be generous with the c-bill earnings so i doubt much will happen. As long as RB can say that the "average" earnings haven't changed, those of us that are now dragging the average down can pound sand or keep trying different play styles.

#48 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 16 September 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Isn't that, in and of itself, a pretty good indication that something is happening to lots of players?

No? I've gotten better, my earnings have gone up. Seems to make sense.

#49 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

Stats comparison -- Archived versus Current:

Archived
3,171 Matches (2,630 in lights, 541 in heavier 'Mechs)
1,712 Wins 1,459 Losses (1.17:1 ratio)
2,665 Kills 1,752 Deaths (1.52:1 ratio)
110,897.62 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match
910.81 Avg. XP Per Match

-vs-

Current
1,281 Matches (838 in lights, 443 in heavier 'Mechs)
647 Wins 634 Losses (1.02:1 ratio)
1,060 Kills 877 Deaths (1.21:1 ratio)
108,644.47 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match
1,361.95 Avg. XP Per Match

Make of that what you will...

It's worth noting that I have over a year of Premium Time banked, and I haven't bought/used any in a year or more. Before the reset, I used up most of the PT I got from the packages of the time.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 16 September 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#50 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 16 September 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Me too, which is how I know that something has changed. My average had been going up fairly quickly due to Premium Time over the summer. Then I went on a long vacation and got a new job, so I didn't play much during August and early September.

Now, suddenly, my average is dropping (with Premium Time) almost as fast as it was rising before.

I have thousands of games, so it really shouldn't be changing much at all in either direction. But it's dropped ~300 c-bills over the last 40 games. 300 c-bills may not sound like much, but when you're averaging over thousands of games with only 40 games of input, that's huge.

One change that did get made was PSR for matchmaking. Could it be that you are facing more challenging opponents and thus are finding it more difficult to farm c-bills?

Alternatively, could it be that more matches are stomps so that when you lose you make a lot less and when you win it is over so fast that you don't make as much?

#51 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

When this cropped up a few weeks ago, I asked Russ on twitter and his official word is that there has been no change.

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...929352806985728

#52 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

What should the average C-bills per match be?

I often do "above average" kills/damage but only average 107,000 C-Bills per match, down from about 110k before they change how rolls were weighted.

That said should a Mech like the Timber Wolf take 158 matches to get one variant? IS heavies cost just as much if you figure in engine and heatsink tax.

Personally I love playing the game, so I don't really feel there is a "Grind" but I can see where it can feel like it when you start out, and have sub-optimal Mechs, and you do not even average 100k a match.

#53 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 16 September 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Stats comparison -- Archived versus Current:

Archived
3,171 Matches (2,630 in lights, 541 in heavier 'Mechs)
1,712 Wins 1,459 Losses (1.17:1 ratio)
2,665 Kills 1,752 Deaths (1.52:1 ratio)
110,897.62 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match
910.81 Avg. XP Per Match

-vs-

Current
1,281 Matches (838 in lights, 443 in heavier 'Mechs)
647 Wins 634 Losses (1.02:1 ratio)
1,060 Kills 877 Deaths (1.21:1 ratio)
108,644.47 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match
1,361.95 Avg. XP Per Match

Make of that what you will...

It's worth noting that I have over a year of Premium Time banked, and I haven't bought/used any in a year or more. Before the reset, I used up most of the PT I got from the packages of the time.

Hmmm... I am making about 8k less per match currently compared to archived.

#54 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 16 September 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

I don't see many people bragging about being an MWO "god" so much as being realistic about earnings. A lot of us are supporting it with screenshots. The bottom line, is that it's not hard for the "average" player (I consider myself average) to earn money if he's willing to do what's necessary to get it. If all you want to do is drop, run out, and shoot stuff then you won't get much money. If you're willing to be smart about your fight and use tactics, then it's ridiculously easy to get money. It's just that simple.

As for your "stupid" comments, try looking in the mirror. You own post is rife with such nonsense. If you paid any attention to anything that happens in the game, you would have realized that Rewards 2.0 was in response to player feedback. It's been in-game for a year now with mostly positive feedback. Get over yourself and quit with your own "e-peening."

Bolded the relevant part, i take it you mean run premium time and a hero mech right?

#55 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostDavers, on 16 September 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

Hmmm... I am making about 8k less per match currently compared to archived.

Nearly 50K more than archived, with the Muromets being the most used and SHD-2H close behind (30% Cbill boosts).

I've used 2 months of Premium, plus the free stuff, since the reset. Not an active user of those things. Current highest mech does not have a Cbill boost, the WubShee, while the following two do (ACH, Nova). So, about even for Hero boosts compared to archived.

Premium explains some boost, but also a significant performance improvement. Pre premium time activation was, I think, a 30k improvement for average Cbills (~130k).

Aside from the initial Giganerfs, earnings have stayed the same. My performance went up, so my income went up. Doesn't help the new players though. Just me, who gets to farm these new players.

I know to remove both STs (and get the bonus IS+A from arms) to get more component destructions, and farm damage from obviously new players. It's just cruel what the MM does sometimes.

#56 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 16 September 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

Nearly 50K more than archived, with the Muromets being the most used and SHD-2H close behind (30% Cbill boosts).

I've used 2 months of Premium, plus the free stuff, since the reset. Not an active user of those things. Current highest mech does not have a Cbill boost, the WubShee, while the following two do (ACH, Nova). So, about even for Hero boosts compared to archived.

Premium explains some boost, but also a significant performance improvement. Pre premium time activation was, I think, a 30k improvement for average Cbills (~130k).

Aside from the initial Giganerfs, earnings have stayed the same. My performance went up, so my income went up. Doesn't help the new players though. Just me, who gets to farm these new players.

I know to remove both STs (and get the bonus IS+A from arms) to get more component destructions, and farm damage from obviously new players. It's just cruel what the MM does sometimes.

I thought the stats were base values not affected by PT? If PT is included that skews all my numbers making them pretty worthless to use.

#57 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

Instead of stating 'to low da cbills gimme moah' which would help all of the players, we agAin have the 'i'm doing good', Everything is fine' or even 'too much money' cacophony.
and the reason why paulconomy will stay.

Edited by kesmai, 16 September 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#58 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:02 AM

If nothing has changed in the economy there is on one reason left which would seem to make sense. TTK is way to high now. The only ones making more or staying above the earnings curve are the twitch shooters. That has always been the direction this game was going anyways. So much for a thinking mans shooter. I am happy for all those who make that grade but a lot of us just are not into twitch shooting over and over. Plenty of better games for that so that seems to indicate the only audience they have are twitch shooters who prefer robots/BT fans.

Never grow the game on those margins.

#59 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

currently making roughly 123k/match with about 4k games played
archived made 85k / match with about 6k games played.

I have run premium time but only what I get from packages, so nothing crazy.

#60 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

1K archived - 77.7k avg.
2k current - 96.1k avg.

No Premie (save 1 day wins) or Hero's in use.

P.S. Hell I could probably increase that second average a lot simply by staying sober when I play, but that ain't ever gonna happen. :)

Edited by Almond Brown, 17 September 2015 - 09:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users