1 Day Left Countdown To Black Knight Release Sept 22Nd

202 replies to this topic

#181 Romulas One

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

best mech from the 2750 book :)
& what i bought the package for, though the crab also might be fun.

#182 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

Assuming he wasn't running weapon range modules, those medium lasers were increased by 54 meters. Thats 20%. :D

#183 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:04 AM

If I remember correctly we don't get the faction camo until the rest of the pack are injected... Does anyone else think that it is hilarious that they are posting what the faction camo looks like on their countdown? Anyone, anyone else?

Well PGI, that is some pretty cool camo that I won't have access to for a while. Thanks for showing it off!

Again, I have no idea why we don't have access to it right away, very confusing.

#184 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 21 September 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

If I remember correctly we don't get the faction camo until the rest of the pack are injected... Does anyone else think that it is hilarious that they are posting what the faction camo looks like on their countdown? Anyone, anyone else?

Well PGI, that is some pretty cool camo that I won't have access to for a while. Thanks for showing it off!

Again, I have no idea why we don't have access to it right away, very confusing.

Not hilarious, obnoxious. It's done, but I can't have it yet despite having paid for it. Yeah, not funny.

#185 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:14 AM

PGI Designer: "Wow there is some really cool art for the Black Knight... I can't wait to get started on translating this coolness into MWO"

Posted Image

Executive Interference: "No no... we're going to go with a derp take on the original terribad art style."

Posted Image

"But make it look like it's been wearing a corset for 5 years, and give it a monocle."

Black Knight looks terrible...

#186 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Yay. Another Tier 3 mech to level up in pug queue when bored. Admittedly killing then in pug queue while everyone else is getting basics on them pays well.

When was the last solid tier 2 is mech? Not even saying tier 1, what's the last couple tier 2s?

It's like package after package of Summoners and Adders. I just want to get an IS mech package that has mechs worth playing or putting in my drop deck without gimping my team.

Truly PGI, do they all have to be bad all the time? I'm not even talking Arctic Cheetah or Dire Wolf or Stormcrow grade. Even just Hellbringer or Cauldron Born grade. Pack after pack of Summoner/Adder grade mechs is just disheartening.

#187 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

MischiefSC -- Y'all gotta do some XP conversion when they are on double XP weekends. I've still got over 500k GXP to spend from the last one, so my Black Knights will be insta-Mastered. And I look forward to stomping face while PUGging in this 'Mech that you seem to think will suck.

Lord Orion -- MWO Black Knight looks more like your top image than you seem to think it does. Your image is wasp-waisted too.

#188 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 September 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yay. Another Tier 3 mech to level up in pug queue when bored. Admittedly killing then in pug queue while everyone else is getting basics on them pays well.

When was the last solid tier 2 is mech? Not even saying tier 1, what's the last couple tier 2s?

It's like package after package of Summoners and Adders. I just want to get an IS mech package that has mechs worth playing or putting in my drop deck without gimping my team.

Truly PGI, do they all have to be bad all the time? I'm not even talking Arctic Cheetah or Dire Wolf or Stormcrow grade. Even just Hellbringer or Cauldron Born grade. Pack after pack of Summoner/Adder grade mechs is just disheartening.

One Grasshopper build is kind of okay but it takes a little messing around with mechlab to put the right lasers in the right hardpoints,

#189 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 21 September 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

MischiefSC -- Y'all gotta do some XP conversion when they are on double XP weekends. I've still got over 500k GXP to spend from the last one, so my Black Knights will be insta-Mastered. And I look forward to stomping face while PUGging in this 'Mech that you seem to think will suck.

Lord Orion -- MWO Black Knight looks more like your top image than you seem to think it does. Your image is wasp-waisted too.

I generally keep 100k gxp or more banked.

So you play with your BK and I'll take another IS heavy or even a medium and we can duel and see how "face rocking" the BK is.

If you are happy with mediocrity that's great. That pug queue let's someone do well even in bad mechs sometimes doesn't mean that PGI should only ever release terribad I chassis.

Which they have. Universally. For years.

#190 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

The Black Knight wouldn't be that bad if it would've had the level of quirks the Grasshopper got.
It needs movement-quirks to get those medlasers to work - and any serious amount of large lasers or even PPCs is way too hot.
The whole package of a huge mech with low hardpoints, mediocre mobility, almost nonexistant durability quirks and prone to overheating with no way to convert the additional tons into more heatsinks make him worse than the Grashopper. And the Grashopper had been "okay-ish", but not great.
The best you can arguably achieve is a bad timber. Slower, no jumpjets, taller, lower hardpoints, lower alpha, lower range and at best the same heat efficiency.

#191 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostKshat, on 23 September 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

The Black Knight wouldn't be that bad if it would've had the level of quirks the Grasshopper got.
It needs movement-quirks to get those medlasers to work - and any serious amount of large lasers or even PPCs is way too hot.
The whole package of a huge mech with low hardpoints, mediocre mobility, almost nonexistant durability quirks and prone to overheating with no way to convert the additional tons into more heatsinks make him worse than the Grashopper. And the Grashopper had been "okay-ish", but not great.
The best you can arguably achieve is a bad timber. Slower, no jumpjets, taller, lower hardpoints, lower alpha, lower range and at best the same heat efficiency.

Could not have said this better myself.

Thank you sir, thank you.

#192 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 21 September 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Imo they should have copied that top image closer. Head looks better than what we have, as do the arms, and for gameplay purposes it would actually help a bit if it didnt have useless hand actuators taking up valuable slots.

#193 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

I like the Black Knight just fine, yes it takes a bit more skill to play well and does not have enough high-mounted hardpoints to be "meta", but it has been fun so far.

#194 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 September 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I like the Black Knight just fine, yes it takes a bit more skill to play well and does not have enough high-mounted hardpoints to be "meta", but it has been fun so far.

It looks sharp, too! Especially the R variant. I really wanted to buy this mech based on looks alone... But I just don't energy boat...

#195 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Only problem is that in Black Knights are supposed to be very rare, even in the 3050s, so seeing whole glances of them in games is kind of a stretch.

#196 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 September 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Only problem is that in Black Knights are supposed to be very rare, even in the 3050s, so seeing whole glances of them in games is kind of a stretch.

Give it time... -_-

#197 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostNathan K, on 24 September 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Give it time... -_-

Yeah, once everyone masters them they will probably be as rare as Quickdraws.

#198 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 September 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Yeah, once everyone masters them they will probably be as rare as Quickdraws.

I still have to master my quickdraw... Maybe I'll feel special since I'll be driving around in an extinct Battlemech.

#199 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 25 September 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

I still have to master my quickdraw... Maybe I'll feel special since I'll be driving around in an extinct Battlemech.

The 4G has always been one of my favorite mechs in MWO. I made it a point to master the Quicdraw 4G (long before the quirkening) just because so many people said that it sucked.

#200 Ironclaw Buzzardier

• Pip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Crab countdown now plzzzzz

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users